PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaurs at John O'Groats

greenasiamcabbagelooking
12-Sep-09, 21:39
no, this isn't a thread about the customers at the Woollen Mill, but a life size T-Rex that will be visiting John O'Groats on the 27th September in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust (a genuine charity visiting Caithness).

http://www.trextreks.com/

should be a great opportunity for young and old to see something different at Groats, raise some money and will also be a chance for the dinosaur to step back in time.

mitchel
25-Sep-09, 18:18
hi do you know what time the t-rex is on at john ogroats cheers

dirdyweeker
25-Sep-09, 18:25
The web link says it is in Wick on Saturday. Anyone heard where and when?

lynne duncan
25-Sep-09, 18:31
saw the dinosaurs at the wick police station this afternoon

Mik.M.
25-Sep-09, 18:51
Thats not nice calling the Wick police dinosaurs:lol:.

Rheghead
25-Sep-09, 20:00
What does actually happen at the end of the Groataceous period? :p

greenasiamcabbagelooking
26-Sep-09, 00:32
i imagine the T-Rex will be at Groats for most of the day,
the kids will love it, but for me it's the effort of Lloyd Scott who has walked with the dinosaur from lands end that adds the wow factor

this guy is amazing ... http://www.lloydscott.co.uk/introduction.html

Bradcon
26-Sep-09, 11:27
The dinosaurs were in Tescos car park this morning.

Fran
26-Sep-09, 15:54
Passed it early this morning coming into wick, plus lots of walkers dressed in jungle gear on the way to John o Groats. There were soldiers, cyclists, bikers, walkers, the lot at john o Groats at lunchtime. Well done to all of them.

BINBOB
26-Sep-09, 16:01

Were they arrested???[lol]

tonkatojo
26-Sep-09, 17:12
Were they arrested???[lol]

I don't think so, just helping with some enquiries, a few cold cases I heard. ;)

Karen
27-Sep-09, 11:26
They have just arrived at John O Groats now

Fluff
27-Sep-09, 15:45
That is fantastic, well done to him. I wish more people would put themselves on the bone marrow register and give blood regularly.

greenasiamcabbagelooking
27-Sep-09, 18:45
the guy is an inspiration, just a shame the Castle of Mey don't have the same spirit as they tried to charge visitors to see the dinosaurs when Lloyd stopped there for lunch with his team. (they were charging for access to the grounds which is where the dinosaurs were, £3.50 per person).

none of the Castle's proceeds went to the Teenage Cancer charity, but at least the staff had the good grace to look embaressed when they admitted this.

anyway, well done to Lloyd, he looked in a bit of pain as he hobbled along, but no wonder, 1000 miles in 70 days :eek: