PDA

View Full Version : ebay shock

badger
12-Sep-09, 14:35
Thought there was something wrong with my screen but after a Refresh it's still there - ebay has taken over the .org (see Home page)

Kodiak
12-Sep-09, 14:42
Nothing about eBay on Caithness.org Home Page as far as I can see.

changilass
12-Sep-09, 14:47
lol Kodiak, there was when the op first posted though.

Kodiak
12-Sep-09, 14:54
Whatever it was it vanished quick enough as I had a look less than 5 minutes after he posted.

What was on the home page?

Bobinovich
12-Sep-09, 14:59
We appear to have inherited some more advertising - that's the only difference I can see :(

badger
12-Sep-09, 15:32
I can't get rid of it - right across the top :( . I know it's only advertising Bob but banners aren't usually that big. Suppose we should be flattered.

Kodiak
12-Sep-09, 15:37
I do not know if you are Lucky or Unlucky as I can not see this advert at all. So perhaps I am the lucky one.

jimbews
12-Sep-09, 16:14
I can't get rid of it - right across the top :( . I know it's only advertising Bob but banners aren't usually that big. Suppose we should be flattered.

There certainly seem to have been some site redesign.
I used to click the "Forums" link on the LHS of the ORG page and decide which of the forums I wanted to visit.
Now there is a list of Forums, but not (that I can see) a link to the top Forum page.

I'm not seeing the ads, but can see that there are various ads removed because I use Firefox with the add-on Adblock Plus.
When I switch it off there's an advert for glasgow golf course. Presumably this had been where eBay was advertised.

JimBews

badger
12-Sep-09, 17:09
That's interesting. Tried opening a second .org in a new window and got different ads. Definitely a new design though as they are also right across. Can't remember now what was on the left but the banner advertising has disappeared which I thought was usually for local firms?

Am now totally confused.com

ciderally
12-Sep-09, 19:01
gremlins...at it me thinks

Niall Fernie
12-Sep-09, 19:09
Well, we can have advertising on the forum/caithness.org or we can charge a subscription. Personally I think the loss of about 1.5 inches of screen space isn't much to ask. Hosting is not free I'm afraid. If you like the ads you click on them, if you don't you ignore them, simples.

badger
12-Sep-09, 21:44
Oh help, now Niall has turned into a meerkat :eek:

joxville
12-Sep-09, 21:47
Sheesh, all this fuss over 1 1/2 inches. :roll:

;)

Moira
12-Sep-09, 21:59
I used to click the "Forums" link on the LHS of the ORG page and decide which of the forums I wanted to visit.
Now there is a list of Forums, but not (that I can see) a link to the top Forum page.

I'm not seeing the ads, but can see that there are various ads removed because I use Firefox with the add-on Adblock Plus.
When I switch it off there's an advert for glasgow golf course. Presumably this had been where eBay was advertised.

JimBews

I'm ok with clicking on the "Caithness.org" option, just below the logo, in the orange band along the top of my screen. I then select Messageboards which brings me to the main forums.

That's interesting. Tried opening a second .org in a new window and got different ads. Definitely a new design though as they are also right across. Can't remember now what was on the left but the banner advertising has disappeared which I thought was usually for local firms?

Am now totally confused.com

I am still seeing local advertisements along the top of my screen, unless Mackenzie Removals have gone global? :)

BINBOB
12-Sep-09, 23:00
Well, we can have advertising on the forum/caithness.org or we can charge a subscription. Personally I think the loss of about 1.5 inches of screen space isn't much to ask. Hosting is not free I'm afraid. If you like the ads you click on them, if you don't you ignore them, simples.

Thank u,mr. meercat!!!:lol:

Bill Fernie
13-Sep-09, 10:22

JimBews

I have added a link to the main index at the top of the new listing on the left hand side of the front page.

cheers or er....... simples

Bill

BINBOB
13-Sep-09, 10:52
I noticed that..much better....thank u.;)