PDA

View Full Version : petrol/diesel prices

tonkatojo
11-Sep-09, 11:36
I have just read on the news that ASDA have reduced their fuel prices by 2 pence across the lot. they say customers will now pay PETROL 102.9 and diesel 103.9 per litre.
I just filled up at tesco's yesterday and paid 107.9 per litre :mad:

It was also reported that planning for ASDA in Inverness has been refused again, I wonder why ?.

Kodiak
11-Sep-09, 12:01
Tesco are running the 5p off per Litre if you Spend £50 Instore or Online. So if you do this and use the 5p off coupon then it is possibel to pay Only 102.9p per Litre.

tonkatojo
11-Sep-09, 12:03
Tesco are running the 5p off per Litre if you Spend £50 Instore or Online. So if you do this and use the 5p off coupon then it is possibel to pay Only 102.9p per Litre.

Big deal, why rip us off in the first place ?.

Kodiak
11-Sep-09, 12:24
You do not have to fill up there you can always go to Richards Garage or Elsewhere.

No point in going on about ASDA having Cheaper Fuel as there is not one up here.

So if someone is doing a special offer with 5p off per litre if you spen £50 on Shopping I will say thank you very much and take up the offer.

tonkatojo
11-Sep-09, 12:40
You do not have to fill up there you can always go to Richards Garage or Elsewhere.

No point in going on about ASDA having Cheaper Fuel as there is not one up here.

So if someone is doing a special offer with 5p off per litre if you spen £50 on Shopping I will say thank you very much and take up the offer.

I'm not daft !, of course I fill up at the cheapest.
The point being why don't tesco have the same price policy nation wide as ASDA then we wouldn't be ripped off.

Now if tesco had the same prices as ASDA and gave 5p off through a coupon that would be near on a miracle.
Do you get the point ?.

Kodiak
11-Sep-09, 12:49
Why ask a Question that no one here can answer.

So instead of moaning about this why do you not Write to Tesco and ask them?

You cant compare Tesco with ASDA as they are Not up here. If and when they ever open in Caithness then you could, but until then it is a completely useless exercise. So you have not made any point at all.

tonkatojo
11-Sep-09, 12:57
Why ask a Question that no one here can answer.

So instead of moaning about this why do you not Write to Tesco and ask them?

You cant compare Tesco with ASDA as they are Not up here. If and when they ever open in Caithness then you could, but until then it is a completely useless exercise. So you have not made any point at all.

You had a good go at answering it. LOL.
AS for writing to tesco, come off it do you really think that would be a worthwhile exercise ?.
AS for moaning, it was opening a discussion, that you have made your view apparent.
What you would class as a useless exercise might be construed as a valid attempt to awaken public opinion.

Aussiewicker
11-Sep-09, 13:52
I'm not daft !, of course I fill up at the cheapest.
The point being why don't tesco have the same price policy nation wide as ASDA then we wouldn't be ripped off.

Now if tesco had the same prices as ASDA and gave 5p off through a coupon that would be near on a miracle.
Do you get the point ?.

You're not daft?: You fill up at the cheapest? Cheapest is not necessarily the best choice as various threads on c.org and other sites and forums have covered numerous times.

And

It's not Tesco or Asda or any of the local filling stations that are ripping you off; It's the Government taxes and duties.

WickWitch
11-Sep-09, 14:07
Writing can work. It doesn't hurt to try. Send a complaint via email and CC the local MP and MEP. It can't hurt and you may get a favourable response.

northener
11-Sep-09, 14:18
Oh, for crying out loud. The fuels not that much different in price to the rest of Britain

I've spent more per litre on the A1 than i've ever spent in Caithness.

Kevin Milkins
11-Sep-09, 14:54
Writing can work. It doesn't hurt to try. Send a complaint via email and CC the local MP and MEP. It can't hurt and you may get a favourable response.

I wrote to Tesco and complained about the tyre pumper upper has not worked since January and if I go to the other side of town to pump up my tyres, that is where I will get my fuel.

Not had a reply yet.

tonkatojo
11-Sep-09, 14:58
I wrote to Tesco and complained about the tyre pumper upper has not worked since January and if I go to the other side of town to pump up my tyres, that is where I will get my fuel.

Not had a reply yet.

Exactly Kevin, thats
's one reason why I havn't wrote to them ,that and the fact I don't type that well, also I wouldn't waste the stamp.

tonkatojo
11-Sep-09, 15:00
Oh, for crying out loud. The fuels not that much different in price to the rest of Britain

Rockafella/Trump speaking huh, well 5p a litre is worth moaning about to me.

Cattach
11-Sep-09, 15:04

In Thurso Dunnett's is 3p per litre cheaper than Pennyland. Can mount up if you are doing a reasonable mileage. I have travelled the length of the country this year and yes I ghave paid as much as Caithness on occasions at a mortoway stoip but I have generally paid far less around the country. It was actually 6p per litre cheaper in Fort william when I filled up on a trip home in the Spring.

Do not cpmare Morosway type road prices with the general price from north to south as it is not a fair comparison.

WickWitch
11-Sep-09, 15:49
I have just spoken to Rachel at Tesco head office about the tyre pressure machine. A new one was supposed to have been fitted last week but something cropped up. It should be replaced shortly. If it hasn't been replaced by the end of next week can you let me know and I will chase it again? Thank you

tonkatojo
11-Sep-09, 15:58
I have just spoken to Rachel at Tesco head office about the tyre pressure machine. A new one was supposed to have been fitted last week but something cropped up. It should be replaced shortly. If it hasn't been replaced by the end of next week can you let me know and I will chase it again? Thank you

As you appear to be in a position of influence could you look/moan into the equality of fuel prices, I for one would be grateful. ;)
I think Kevin will be over the moon IF, IF I say, the inflater gets replaced. :)
Presuming it get's replaced how long did it take ?

WickWitch
11-Sep-09, 16:06
My wand is getting a little old but I will do my best. ;)

tonkatojo
11-Sep-09, 16:11
My wand is getting a little old but I will do my best. ;)

Aye and it's getting near time to your busy night aint it, how's the broom lasting out ?. :lol:

WickWitch
11-Sep-09, 16:15
Well, it's a dyson and therefore much quicker but I am considering getting an old fashioned besom as the cost of electricity is getting too high and carting a solar panel or a wind turbine is not feasible lol
How is the dark room :confused

bekisman
11-Sep-09, 16:51
Below is the news that Tonkatojo mentioned.. Living in the Highlands for over two decades as well as living outwith the area for a darn site more, one gets to see the parochial nature of things 'up here' - being one of those that regularly goes over 'the hump' (Perth to Inverness on the A9 and Vv) where during the long transit, there are no on-road service stations - as far as I know the A9 is the ONLY trunk road in the United Kingdom that does not have such facilities? oh no can't upset the by-passed communities can we? just carry on through the night mate..
I'm afraid the joke whereby Councillors actually turned down ASDA in Thurso (Yet Tesco in Wick was built on a green belt) gives an idea of how things work, and sorry to say the article below reinforces the mentality of archaic thinking. (NB don't get me wrong, I'm happy to live up here, got Scottish Blood - Robertson - in me veins too, just sad to see how they 'play' silly beggars..)Northerner's right; many places outwith Wick fuel is more expensive.. Say's I having just filled up at Tesco with me 5p off..

Challenge to Asda's Highland plan

Plans for Asda's first store in the Highlands are being challenged in the Court of Session by a land developer.
Inverness Estates Ltd is appealing against the Scottish Government's decision to allow Asda to go ahead with a new store at Slackbiue. The developer is challenging the outline planning consent already granted to the supermarket chain. Asda said it was "extremely disappointed" by the move because of the likely delay to the project. Last month Highland Council dropped plans to take the Scottish Government to court for allowing Asda to build a store at Slackbuie in Invernerss without paying anything towards necessary road improvements. To avoid further lengthy delays to its plans, Asda struck a deal with the local authority limiting to £1.5m the cost it could pay for road upgrading at the Inshes roundabout and A9 interchange, if the work was needed. Inverness Estates is believed to be challenging the Scottish Government's approval of the development on the grounds that a cash contribution to road improvements was not guaranteed. Asda spokeswoman Lisa Rooke said: "It could result in not only a delay to the proposals, but as a result a delay to the investment that we are trying to deliver to the area , a delay to bringing more competition in terms of supermarket choice to Inverness and also the job creation we are trying to create as well - both through the store and construction jobs." A statement from the retailer added: "The action of Inverness Estates flies in the face of the support from the local community, business organisations and the local council for this project." Representatives of Inverness Estates were unavailable for comment. *http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8248162.stm

tonkatojo
11-Sep-09, 17:13
Well, it's a dyson and therefore much quicker but I am considering getting an old fashioned besom as the cost of electricity is getting too high and carting a solar panel or a wind turbine is not feasible lol
How is the dark room :confused

No blackout curtains I'm afraid, got to wait till its dark, bet the ruddy moons full or nigh enough.

Mrs Bucket
11-Sep-09, 17:31
no no you have to spend £50 in theur store first. More Bullying maybe

WickWitch
11-Sep-09, 18:03
No blackout curtains I'm afraid, got to wait till its dark, bet the ruddy moons full or nigh enough.

Or you could shut your eyes :lol:

Kodiak
11-Sep-09, 18:08
no no you have to spend £50 in theur store first. More Bullying maybe

That exactly what I said, if you spend £50 you get a coupon to get 5p off per litre of Fuel.

Tristan
11-Sep-09, 19:30
I am still gobsmacked by the priced of diesel in Britain compared to continent. In Portugal diesel was about 20 cents (15 pence) cheaper than petrol. The petrol is still cheaper there too.

scorrie
12-Sep-09, 01:41

The weary orger sat waiting for threads to move on from fuel prices:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/skeleton.jpg

theone
12-Sep-09, 02:09
The weary orger sat waiting for threads to move on from fuel prices:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/skeleton.jpg

Well said.

Okay, it's 5p per litre dearer than somewhere else.

That means it'll cost £2.50 more to fill an average tank.

How often do people fill their tank to make such a cost so detrimental to their lives?

£2.50 equates roughly to saying 'yes' when asked if you'd like rice with your takeaway. I bet there's many on here who have takeaways more often than they fill their tank. Get over it.

arana negra
12-Sep-09, 08:47
Southampton diesel price £1.15 a litre ! just over a euro here in southern Spain. Just been to UK by ferry and on the way everybody was filling up in Spain before hitting UK, on the way back some drivers were saying they ran on fumes till Spain then filled as much better price.

tonkatojo
12-Sep-09, 11:18
Southampton diesel price £1.15 a litre ! just over a euro here in southern Spain. Just been to UK by ferry and on the way everybody was filling up in Spain before hitting UK, on the way back some drivers were saying they ran on fumes till Spain then filled as much better price.

It would appear some in Caithness don't care about fuel prices, whilst those who have to be thrifty do.
Is that what a portion of rice actually costs in a take away ?.

northener
12-Sep-09, 11:38
Fuel in Wick £1.07 a litre..average price around Inversnecky - let's say £1.04.

£0.03 difference per litre X4.5 Litres = £0.135 per gallon difference.

Avge fuel consumption is, say 35 mpg.

£0.135 divided by 35 miles = £0.0038571 per mile difference.

Or just over 1/3p per mile.........

Tonks, the sound of a grinding axe becomes monotonous after a while.......

tonkatojo
12-Sep-09, 13:03

So does the clackety clack of someone calculator. or you going to tell me it was a mental calculation.

tonkatojo
12-Sep-09, 13:15

You could turn the sound off on your puter. ;)
Then again so could I. LOL

northener
12-Sep-09, 13:25
So does the clackety clack of someone calculator. or you going to tell me it was a mental calculation.

A product of my lightning fast thought process........

i.e: I thought 'where's that calculator?'

You could turn the sound off on your puter. ;)
Then again so could I. LOL

Pardon? :Razz

highlander2222
12-Sep-09, 14:29
Tesco now 106.9

northener
12-Sep-09, 15:12
Tesco now 106.9

Rejoice, Tonks! Rejoice! :Razz

tonkatojo
12-Sep-09, 17:14
Rejoice, Tonks! Rejoice! :Razz

Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah.

See Northern bloke a bit of moaning does do some good, you'll be donating your windfall to charity I suppose. LOL

Praise be to that WICK WITCH ;);)

northener
12-Sep-09, 17:28
Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah.

See Northern bloke a bit of moaning does do some good, you'll be donating your windfall to charity I suppose. LOL

Praise be to that WICK WITCH ;);)

I stand corrected, Tonka.......and I'm squandering my windfall......

Any chance of getting my Council Tax reduced?:Razz

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
12-Sep-09, 17:28
As you appear to be in a position of influence could you look/moan into the equality of fuel prices, I for one would be grateful. ;)
I think Kevin will be over the moon IF, IF I say, the inflater gets replaced. :)
Presuming it get's replaced how long did it take ?

why do they need to set the prices the same as they have in inverness or further south? they have to haul it up a further 100 miles?? unless they take it from Simpson Oils when they run out - where they pay more to him for what the sell it at the pumps!!!!

WickWitch
12-Sep-09, 17:43
The price of the fuel usually reflects what they think that they can get for it or to reflect local competition. Distance isn't the only factor.
I did ask if they could reduce it by at least 2p per litre but that obviously fell on deaf ears!
As Tesco is keen to state; every little helps!!:roll:

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
12-Sep-09, 17:53
exactly cost of selling is heavily involved too though and obviously there's more haulage.... supply and demand....don't buy from them and they might think about lowering their prices..... so much factors involved in price setting of the simplest widget and fuel has to be a milion times worse.

bobbyrussell09
12-Sep-09, 18:48
we keep going on bout the prices ,but the thing is .tesco still cheaper than the other garages.an it only cause tesco here that there prices are low,what ypu think e would be paying up here ,prob more lek 111.9 if we were lucky

emc246
12-Sep-09, 22:28
I can't believe people in this post obsessing over the price of fuel, we are all in the same boat and have to pay the same amount as each other so get over it. Even the tescos staff and bosses you revile so much have to pay those prices! Why don't you go to Lidls and see how much cheaper there bread and baked beans are compared to tescos and write something about that - "I am so angry - Lidls only want 6p for their noodles - tescos are charging 9p!!!"

I hardly think that one person or this post was what meant the fuel was put down a whole 1p cheaper by tescos. And it is true we'd be paying a lot lot more for fuel if tescos wasn't up here. It's not like there are any other supermarkets up here with filling stations as competition - you can't even compare it to down south. Why go on about Asda when there isn't an Asda anywhere near here? Lets talk about Harrods in London next or Taco Bell in the United States...

How miserly can you be when it makes you have a dance in your pants because it is 1p cheaper now? Or because Asdas is a few pence cheaper?
Everything costs more nowadays and that's just the way it is.

And to WickWitch - I don't have money to burn, I just don't see the point in moaning about a few pence when the price of EVERYTHING is rising all the time and we are all in the same boat. I run a car that takes just £20 a month on fuel if I'm lucky, I economised by getting a diesel car that is brilliant on fuel. And taking action rarely ever works, they do what they want when they want and writing letters and gurning on here won't change anything.

WickWitch
12-Sep-09, 22:48
I don't for one moment think that I had anything to do with the price reduction of Tesco fuel. I am hardly delusional enough to assume that I have 'the power' BUT, I did ask the powers that be to consider reducing the cost. I do try to get things done rather than sit on my backside and whinge.
Does a penny a litre really matter? Yes, it can when you are on a tight budget. You may have money to burn but most others don't.
If no-one ever complains then the those in charge will carry on charging what they like.
Ask any haulier if a penny a litre makes a difference to their costs.
It is so easy to just assume that because something is the way it is that it has to stay that way. If you don't like something then you can do one of two things; put up and shut up or do something. I prefer action myself.

tonkatojo
13-Sep-09, 09:22
why do they need to set the prices the same as they have in inverness or further south? they have to haul it up a further 100 miles?? unless they take it from Simpson Oils when they run out - where they pay more to him for what the sell it at the pumps!!!!

They obviously don't have to and don't.
The main moan is that ASDA have a national pricing policy, so out of the way places that usually have reduced earnings pay the same as the more populated so the likes of use (It hink we qualify) are not discriminated against.

That's why I would like an ASDA here.

tonkatojo
13-Sep-09, 09:30
I can't believe people in this post obsessing over the price of fuel, we are all in the same boat and have to pay the same amount as each other so get over it. Even the tescos staff and bosses you revile so much have to pay those prices! Why don't you go to Lidls and see how much cheaper there bread and baked beans are compared to tescos and write something about that - "I am so angry - Lidls only want 6p for their noodles - tescos are charging 9p!!!"

I hardly think that one person or this post was what meant the fuel was put down a whole 1p cheaper by tescos. And it is true we'd be paying a lot lot more for fuel if tescos wasn't up here. It's not like there are any other supermarkets up here with filling stations as competition - you can't even compare it to down south. Why go on about Asda when there isn't an Asda anywhere near here? Lets talk about Harrods in London next or Taco Bell in the United States...

How miserly can you be when it makes you have a dance in your pants because it is 1p cheaper now? Or because Asdas is a few pence cheaper?
Everything costs more nowadays and that's just the way it is.

Aye are we not lucky Lidl HAVE a national price policy, not a screw them as much as we dare policy, as some obviously do.
Perhaps Just perhaps we might get noticed with the concerted moaning, and you will benefit from it as well if (LOL) we ever get an ASDA, or are you going to stay loyal to tesco ?.

emc246
13-Sep-09, 16:10
Aye are we not lucky Lidl HAVE a national price policy, not a screw them as much as we dare policy, as some obviously do.
Perhaps Just perhaps we might get noticed with the concerted moaning, and you will benefit from it as well if (LOL) we ever get an ASDA, or are you going to stay loyal to tesco ?.

I don't care where I shop as long as I get what I need - I go by the quality of the product not the price. I will shop wherever I can get what I'm looking for - a lot of Lidls food isn't nice tasting and poor quality.

And they can hardly have a "nation price policy" for fuel when it's the government who really puts the price of fuel up not Tescos. You act like they control the universe - everywhere has varying fuel prices - not just Tescos. Perhaps Asda in one town is cheaper than Asda in the next town?

And I bet you any money if Asda did come up here there'd be moaning and complaints on here and elsewhere about them aswell. I'm sure you'd find something to criticise with them too.

tonkatojo
13-Sep-09, 16:24
I don't care where I shop as long as I get what I need - I go by the quality of the product not the price. I will shop wherever I can get what I'm looking for - a lot of Lidls food isn't nice tasting and poor quality.

And they can hardly have a "nation price policy" for fuel when it's the government who really puts the price of fuel up not Tescos. You act like they control the universe - everywhere has varying fuel prices - not just Tescos. Perhaps Asda in one town is cheaper than Asda in the next town?

And I bet you any money if Asda did come up here there'd be moaning and complaints on here and elsewhere about them aswell. I'm sure you'd find something to criticise with them too.

Your right about the government, you are not reading the posts or you will realise the difference about local policy with tesco and national policy with Lidl and ASDA. As for quality you should advocate a get Marks and Spencer up here then, but dont hold your breath, at least ASDA was attempting to open a store here.

WickWitch
17-Sep-09, 11:40
Tyre pressure machine is due to be replaced 28th of this month, fingers crossed etc. I'm due to 'chat' to Charlie Burness tomorrow (if he doesn't take a sickie lol) and will bend his ear. I know that it isn't good news so apologies. :(

Kevin Milkins
17-Sep-09, 13:56
Tyre pressure machine is due to be replaced 28th of this month, fingers crossed etc. I'm due to 'chat' to Charlie Burness tomorrow (if he doesn't take a sickie lol) and will bend his ear. I know that it isn't good news so apologies. :(

I was told that in March.:confused

tonkatojo
17-Sep-09, 14:37

Who is " Charlie Burness " , is he the person setting pricing policy up here?. or a tyre pressure machine fitter.

tonkatojo
17-Sep-09, 14:39
I was told that in March.:confused

Kevin did they say what year to go with that month. LOL

onecalledk
17-Sep-09, 14:41
interesting debate about the price of fuel. There are various reasons why tesco do not have a national pricing policy for fuel and its interesting to read that everyone so far has commented on the price of fuel in Inverness being cheaper.

having recently moved to caithness from Inverness I can say that people in Inverness have been having a row via their local MP with tesco in Elgin over why the fuel in Elgin Tesco is far cheaper than the fuel in Inverness!!

For the person who remarked that of course fuel would be dearer up here cos its transported a further 100miles , that is nonsense. All fuel for Tesco comes in at Scrabster and then is sent down the A9 to Inverness and beyond where it is CHEAPER than at source ie Thurso.

For those of us who travel a lot around the highlands its galling to see places like Brora sitting at 112p a litre when in Inverness its almost 10p cheaper.

Caithness is a rural community where cars are a NECCESSITY and not a luxury therefore the pricing of fuel so reflect that. Even living for as long as i did in Inverness a car is a necessity with local bus services diabolical, you cannot for example travel between retail parks in inverness by bus, there is just no such route!!!

As for spending £50 in tesco and getting 5p off your fuel, Tesco pop the price up by a few pence before running the campaign then bring it back down again shortly afterwards......

Price of fuel in tesco inverness is 102p before the 5p discount with the coupon ..... :-)

tonkatojo
17-Sep-09, 18:46
interesting debate about the price of fuel. There are various reasons why tesco do not have a national pricing policy for fuel and its interesting to read that everyone so far has commented on the price of fuel in Inverness being cheaper.

having recently moved to caithness from Inverness I can say that people in Inverness have been having a row via their local MP with tesco in Elgin over why the fuel in Elgin Tesco is far cheaper than the fuel in Inverness!!

For the person who remarked that of course fuel would be dearer up here cos its transported a further 100miles , that is nonsense. All fuel for Tesco comes in at Scrabster and then is sent down the A9 to Inverness and beyond where it is CHEAPER than at source ie Thurso.

For those of us who travel a lot around the highlands its galling to see places like Brora sitting at 112p a litre when in Inverness its almost 10p cheaper.

Caithness is a rural community where cars are a NECCESSITY and not a luxury therefore the pricing of fuel so reflect that. Even living for as long as i did in Inverness a car is a necessity with local bus services diabolical, you cannot for example travel between retail parks in inverness by bus, there is just no such route!!!

As for spending £50 in tesco and getting 5p off your fuel, Tesco pop the price up by a few pence before running the campaign then bring it back down again shortly afterwards......

Price of fuel in tesco inverness is 102p before the 5p discount with the coupon ..... :-)

Thanks for enlightening me and browning me off more than ever.
I passed tescos yesterday and diesel was 103 p, they must have decided to screw another 1p a litre out of them there.
AS for the 5 pence con I was well aware of that one but thanks.

dafi
18-Sep-09, 00:18
Its £115.9 at my local store........sucks!!

Aaldtimer
18-Sep-09, 02:50
..."£115.9"...Oh yeh! That would hack most people off!:eek:

tonkatojo
18-Sep-09, 10:04
..."£115.9"...Oh yeh! That would hack most people off!:eek:

Not EMC246, he would apparently pay up with ease. And be quite gleeful of others disgruntedness.

AfternoonDelight
18-Sep-09, 11:27
They obviously don't have to and don't.
The main moan is that ASDA have a national pricing policy, so out of the way places that usually have reduced earnings pay the same as the more populated so the likes of use (It hink we qualify) are not discriminated against.

That's why I would like an ASDA here.

Not much chance of that...

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/977975?UserKey=

Maybe we'll get another Tesco in Caithness though.........oh wait..... we are!! :roll:

tonkatojo
18-Sep-09, 12:27
Not much chance of that...

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/977975?UserKey=

Maybe we'll get another Tesco in Caithness though.........oh wait..... we are!! :roll:

This really does stink, surely there is a conflict of interest with these bandits looking after there own interests before the interests of the communities they are meant to be serving.
This really does need investigating by a body not aligned to tesco.

butterfly
18-Sep-09, 12:50
Who is " Charlie Burness " , is he the person setting pricing policy up here?. or a tyre pressure machine fitter.

He is the Manager of Tesco's Wick.

tonkatojo
18-Sep-09, 12:57
He is the Manager of Tesco's Wick.

If he is as enlightened as his other white collar staff who told me "tesco do not make a profit on fuel" what chance has WICKWITCH.
He will more than likely pass the buck with the old " I do not make company policy " adage. With the if you don't like it go else where thrown in.

FutureMix
18-Sep-09, 13:19
I cant believe another post about petrol prices because ASDA reduced their prices OMG!!!! Just let it GO!!

I will say it again we are still better off now than we were before Tesco's arrived and TBH in my experience we are as cheap in Wick as anywhere else in the UK. So why all the moaning :roll:

tonkatojo
18-Sep-09, 13:28
I cant believe another post about petrol prices because ASDA reduced their prices OMG!!!! Just let it GO!!

I will say it again we are still better off now than we were before Tesco's arrived and TBH in my experience we are as cheap in Wick as anywhere else in the UK. So why all the moaning :roll:

If YOU are not interested don't bother posting about it or don't read them, its easy.

Your experience of the UK is what ?.

FutureMix
18-Sep-09, 13:37
Go on let it go you know you can do it!!

Just let go!!!!

JNMWick
18-Sep-09, 13:44
I have to say, I agree with FutureMix!

Tesco's done us a favour now stop complaining about it!

tonkatojo
18-Sep-09, 14:04
I have to say, I agree with FutureMix!

Tesco's done us a favour now stop complaining about it!

The point being, ASDA would do a far greater favour for us. :(

tonkatojo
18-Sep-09, 14:06
Go on let it go you know you can do it!!

Just let go!!!!

After you justify your comment "in my experience".. ;)

dafi
18-Sep-09, 20:28
Seems to me that arguing over a few pennies is niether here nor there.

Oil is $70 or less a barrel not $150. We are getting fleeced under the guise of the 'recession'

The petrol firms are laughing all the way to the tax haven....There will be no shortage of christmas presents for the oil mouguls and their directors this year!!