PDA

View Full Version : Pets insurance.

cuddlepop
10-Sep-09, 14:24
Just paid our vet almost £140 to get our wee Dileas dressed.
I havent insured her as after Dragonflys carry on with her insurance claim wondered just who to chose.:confused.

Who are you all with?:)

Our vet was telling us that the new vet hospital in Glasgow charges £300 just for a consultation and I thought £15 was expensive here.:eek:

Liz
10-Sep-09, 15:03
I would highly recommend PetPlan.

They are not the cheapest but in my opinion they are the best.

I had to claim when Benjy fell and injured himself and the claims process was so easy and they paid really quickly.

brandy
10-Sep-09, 15:05
we are with more than, just getting ready to get insurance for spot as well!

dragonfly
10-Sep-09, 15:10
its More Th>n that I'm with and still fighting with for Brodie's claim. All I would say cuddlepop is whoever you choose, call them and talk to them about what they will cover and what they won't - especially if you have had Dileas at the vets already for ANYTHING other than jabs/dressing

BINBOB
10-Sep-09, 16:37
I am HEALTHY PETS....excess of £ 50,lifetime platinum cover...£ 12.43 for 2 cockers...and £ 9.12 for my basset...........

no problems with them............u can find them online.Hope Dileas is better now.;)

cuddlepop
10-Sep-09, 17:37
I am HEALTHY PETS....excess of £ 50,lifetime platinum cover...£ 12.43 for 2 cockers...and £ 9.12 for my basset...........

no problems with them............u can find them online.Hope Dileas is better now.;)

Picking a fight today in the vets waiting room so yes she's back to her old self.:roll::)

Jovi
10-Sep-09, 20:36
Would highly recommend Pet plan, been with them for over 15yrs never been anything but reliable, caring,thorough and quick to sort any claims,with sensitivity I might add. :)

daisychain
10-Sep-09, 21:03
I have my Basset insured with Tesco Pet Insurence, earlier this year she developed mammary tumours whilst having a false pregnancy, i had to get her spayed and the tumours removed at the same time, i expected Tesco to pay for the removal of the tumours only, but to my suprise the only thing they didn't pay for was the spay. I pay £8 55 a month with an excess of £60, and had only been with them two months when this happened. The claim was settled very quickly, I would highly recomend them.

BINBOB
10-Sep-09, 21:16
Picking a fight today in the vets waiting room so yes she's back to her old self.:roll::)

That is very good news....;)

BINBOB
10-Sep-09, 21:18
I have my Basset insured with Tesco Pet Insurence, earlier this year she developed mammary tumours whilst having a false pregnancy, i had to get her spayed and the tumours removed at the same time, i expected Tesco to pay for the removal of the tumours only, but to my suprise the only thing they didn't pay for was the spay. I pay £8 55 a month with an excess of £60, and had only been with them two months when this happened. The claim was settled very quickly, I would highly recomend them.

U find with most pet insurers they will only pay for spaying if the bitch has a pyometra.
Tesco price sounds good though...is it a lifetime policy or only 12 months??

cuddlepop
10-Sep-09, 21:37

That sounds like a resonable insurance company.
Even our vet said there are more insurance companies that will try to wriggle out of paying than settle up.:eek:

dragonfly
10-Sep-09, 21:49
That sounds like a resonable insurance company.
Even our vet said there are more insurance companies that will try to wriggle out of paying than settle up.:eek:

yep, we can vouch for that!

bullielove
10-Sep-09, 22:04
my two dogs are with More than its a seventy pounds excess though and most things dont cost that much :roll: our wee dog got her paws all cut down by the river and after £94 leter we got £24 back

They do ensure each illness though for life and i dont think they have a ceiling. some plans only pay up to acertain amount

GruesomeTwosome
11-Sep-09, 07:59
I am with Pet Plan, like Liz said they are not the cheapest but they are IMO one of the best. They were recommended to me by several people who have had to use them and they had no hassle with them paying out whatsoever, one of which claims on a monthly basis.
I would recommend you using a pet/animal specific insurance company.

cazmanian_minx
11-Sep-09, 08:34
PetPlan here too - haven't had a claim with Smokey yet, but they paid out every time and very promptly with my old cat. They've also covered Smokey with minimal exclusions considering he had a cruciate operation before cover started - any cruciate problems on his other legs are excluded and any arthritic conditions arising as a result of the operation, but that's it.

daisychain
12-Sep-09, 01:57
U find with most pet insurers they will only pay for spaying if the bitch has a pyometra.
Tesco price sounds good though...is it a lifetime policy or only 12 months??

It's a 12 month policy. I haven't been with them long and after what happened with Dotty i can't fault them. The final bill was over £400 and all i paid was £150 for the spay, and that was after just two insurance payments.

bluebell
12-Sep-09, 09:48
I'm with petplan, their excess is a bit more than others but would recommend them to everyone, when I had to make a claim for one of my dogs(the bill was nearly £500) it was so easy and no hassle and very quick to pay out, so petplans a thumbs up for me

BINBOB
12-Sep-09, 09:58
It's a 12 month policy. I haven't been with them long and after what happened with Dotty i can't fault them. The final bill was over £400 and all i paid was £150 for the spay, and that was after just two insurance payments.

That was good....;)