PDA

View Full Version : Jolokia Ghost pepper

Joefitz
10-Sep-09, 12:20
I managed to get hold of a plant this spring, and just sampled the first one.........I am a total chili and curry head, you know...."You can't make it hot enough", kind of idiot. Well, no more! I have NEVER, EVER, experienced the blast of heat from a pepper like that! Just wondered if anyone else had run into them?

Blondie
10-Sep-09, 12:43
:lol: Never heard of them but your post made me laugh :lol:

Have you tried anything from this company before?

http://www.hot-headz.com

Joefitz
10-Sep-09, 13:22
i went to a chilihead show in Cleveland last year, and they had all that stuff there....totally crazy, let me tell you!

Dog-eared
10-Sep-09, 14:04
You can get plants and seeds on Ebay, there's also the South Devon Chilli Farm doing fresh Devon Jolokia.

Just ordered a bottle of "who dares burns , second assault" ,which is hotter than "who dares burns " ,and was the hottest sauce at some chilli festival, plus a jar of pure Jolokia paste from Hot Headz.

Yum !!!!!:lol:

Joefitz
10-Sep-09, 16:22
Gotta love it though, it really is a pure high when you get that burn, huh?

The Angel Of Death
10-Sep-09, 19:06
Once ate a Dorset naga chilli once just to see how hot it was after getting my hands on some between a few of us it was a right of passage (read stupidity) where we all gave it a go cue lots of slevering eyes watering and some interesting wordies (and that was only going in you can imagine the coming out part)

Jebus I have never tasted anything so hot in my entire life it was like I had just eaten a lump of hot coal

As joefitz said there actually is such a thing as to hot

Also over in the middle east there actually using these chilli's ground up inside smoke grenades apparently it has the desired effect and empties a cave quick style ;)