PDA

View Full Version : Looking for DRUM LESSONS

zebedy
09-Sep-09, 22:37
see poster for details

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/Zebedy00/drumlessons.jpg

Boozeburglar
12-Sep-09, 00:37
I am interested, what qualifications do you have?

zebedy
12-Sep-09, 22:09
Hello Boozeburglar

If it's qualifications your looking for in a teacher, I'm sorry I carry no qualifications on paper in drumming. In Audio Engineering and Sound Reinforcement yes, But with sticks I have none. Sorry

Gleber2
13-Sep-09, 02:14
Hello Boozeburglar

If it's qualifications your looking for in a teacher, I'm sorry I carry no qualifications on paper in drumming. In Audio Engineering and Sound Reinforcement yes, But with sticks I have none. Sorry
Zebedy has played many gigs with me over several years. Should be qualifications enough, Boozeburglar.:)

Mystical Potato Head
13-Sep-09, 09:43
I am interested, what qualifications do you have?

He has the ability to play the drums brilliantly which beats all the paper qualifications.
Better to be taught by someone who actually has a good command of their chosen instrument than someone who can only talk about it.

Cazaa
16-Sep-09, 21:59
Better to be taught by someone who actually has a good command of their chosen instrument than someone who can only talk about it.
Nice quote!

What about exams in performing? Haven't you just left the school?

Best of luck with your endeavour.

Caz

Metalattakk
16-Sep-09, 23:39

I'm not sure that's entirely correct.

A predilection towards tutoring is most assuredly necessary if one wants to become a tutor. Simply being a virtuoso of your chosen instrument doesn't necessarily mean that you can confidently convey that virtuosity onto a pupil.

I have no doubt that zebedy is a good drummer though.

Mystical Potato Head
17-Sep-09, 18:08
I'm not sure that's entirely correct.

A predilection towards tutoring is most assuredly necessary if one wants to become a tutor. Simply being a virtuoso of your chosen instrument doesn't necessarily mean that you can confidently convey that virtuosity onto a pupil.

I have no doubt that zebedy is a good drummer though.

Simply being a tutor with qualifications does not necessarily
mean that they can convey their knowlege confidently either.

I'm sure we have all been taught at school or college by some pretty poor but highly qualified teachers.

Jeid
17-Sep-09, 18:33
Tbh, I think Jack would be pretty good at this. He loves music.

Whether he can teach or not is irrelevant, it's about the pupils need/want to learn their chosen instrument, and even then, they might still be crap. There's too many factors to worry about. Jack is offering a service and if I had a drum kit, I'd be taking up the opportunity to learn.

People can't gain experience unless they're given the opportunity.

Metalattakk
17-Sep-09, 20:05
Simply being a tutor with qualifications does not necessarily
mean that they can convey their knowlege confidently either.

I'm sure we have all been taught at school or college by some pretty poor but highly qualified teachers.

Tbh, I think Jack would be pretty good at this. He loves music.

Whether he can teach or not is irrelevant, it's about the pupils need/want to learn their chosen instrument, and even then, they might still be crap. There's too many factors to worry about. Jack is offering a service and if I had a drum kit, I'd be taking up the opportunity to learn.

People can't gain experience unless they're given the opportunity.

Both fair points.

I just rally against the idea that because someone is a great musician then automatically they would make great teachers of their instrument. That attitude is fatally flawed.

However, if I were learning drums I'd be looking for a tutor who knew what they were doing, obviously. ;)

Jeid
17-Sep-09, 20:25
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5844/facepalm.gif

Mystical Potato Head
17-Sep-09, 23:15
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5844/facepalm.gif

Cant argue with that.

Metalattakk
17-Sep-09, 23:24
LOL, get stuffed the both of you!

I'm right in what I say though - both points were fair, but I don't necessarily have to agree with them entirely.

Anyway, there's no [raising two fingers smiley] available, but if there was... :D

buddyrich
17-Sep-09, 23:42
Whether he can teach or not is irrelevant, it's about the pupils need/want to learn their chosen instrument, and even then, they might still be crap.

Surely that point of view renders the teacher totally irrelevant, no?

I dont think i've heard his drumming but to take on the responsibility of teaching then i presume he has a good level of technical skill and can impart knowledge and encourage the learner without being impatient-something i couldnt do. :lol:

It takes two-a pupil thats keen to learn and a teacher with good people skills and technical knowledge worth passing on.

What kind of head-in-hand graphic will my reply generate? The excitement is palpable.

Jeid
18-Sep-09, 00:24
To a point yes, but some people need guidence on their chosen instrument.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/Hazzardous123/Facepalm.jpg

loganbiffy
18-Sep-09, 16:45
I can see what people are saying about going from playing an instrument to teaching it, however I believe Jack to be one of the best drummers in the county (not just saying this as he is in my band) but he is a fine drummer.

I think he will also do a fine job of teaching the instrument. Good luck :)

davem
18-Sep-09, 17:05
£10 an hour for music lessons is such a bargain. Don't know why there is a debate going on!

Mystical Potato Head
18-Sep-09, 17:29
£10 an hour for music lessons is such a bargain. Don't know why there is a debate going on!

The debate isnt about the price.

buddyrich
19-Sep-09, 14:18
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/Hazzardous123/Facepalm.jpg

Thats technically Obama and Biden after they watch the scene where Bambi's mother dies and they're both pretending to have something in their eye.

davem
19-Sep-09, 17:22
The debate isnt about the price.

Duh - Do you not think that the fact that a competent drummer is prepared to provide cheap lessons is a salient factor in this? What I was getting at is that had he been charging £30 an hour as many tutors do then you could argue about qualifications and aptitude for teaching. As it is I am sure that whatever you get £10 an hour is a bargain and I am sure you will be instructed very thoruoghly in the basics of drumming and beyond.

Jeid
19-Sep-09, 18:14
I'm quite interested in the beyond part...

Olin
09-Oct-09, 14:02
This thread is ridiculous. Personally I think Jack is one of the best drummers I have seen and I would rate him as one of the best in this county.

If anyone wants to argue about wether he can teach or not, how about taking him up on his offer and paying the cheap rate of £10 and seeing if he can or can't THEN coming back and posting a chondy arguement on here?

Jeid
09-Oct-09, 14:36
Chondy... lol

I wouldn't mind drum lessons

zebedy
23-Jan-10, 22:18
Bumping this thread as I'm still taking on people who are keen to learn.

Chobbersjnr
24-Jan-10, 22:57
I'm keen to learn........:cool:

Deemac
25-Jan-10, 21:37
I'm happy just to roadie (and put up with abuse from Chobbers!!);)

zebedy
25-Jan-10, 22:01
abuse from chobbers? I would of never of thought such a gentleman could be capable of such? :eek:
:)

Jeid
25-Jan-10, 23:35
Could do with some lessons...