PDA

View Full Version : any suggestions ??

Ojibwa
03-Apr-06, 16:41
Hi I have 2 great aunties coming to visit this weekend, and wondered if anyone has any suggestions on where we could take them. I saw that the Heritage centre has just opened for season so thats one option. Anyone else got any ideas ?

_Ju_
03-Apr-06, 16:51
If they like history and weather permitting,go to Camster Cairns, hill of many staines, etc. The walligoe steps are very nice, but not if the weather is bad or if there are mobility troubles and its hard walk climbing back up them.
Going to O'groats for a coffee is nice to, especially if they like to wander through some tourist shops.I usually also go to Duncan (?) head lighthouse and, weather permitting, go for a walk.

Walking around the old slate mines in castletown is also nice as long as it's not windy.

Lucy
03-Apr-06, 17:32
What about MaryAnn's cottage at Dunnet. I haven't been there myself but my mother in law loved it and ranted on about it for ages.

Ojibwa
03-Apr-06, 18:07
Thanks guys for your replies. Think we might go to John O' Groats. Does anyone know the best place there for tea/coffee, or snacks. Cheers :o) :o)

badger
03-Apr-06, 18:52
What about MaryAnn's cottage at Dunnet. I haven't been there myself but my mother in law loved it and ranted on about it for ages.

Too early for that I'm afraid. Hope to open for Easter weekend but the proper season doesn't start until beginning June.