PDA

View Full Version : kasey my black lab

Fri_13
09-Sep-09, 21:04
hi i am posted under my sons username,im usually teddybear76 and its not often i post on the general message board. on monday night my beloved black lab kasey got knocked down on the south road,hit by a speeding taxi from inverness,the house is so empty without her,we r just devastated!!she saw another dog across the road and crossed over,the taxi managed till stop a good bit up the road,when i got a phonecall and came on the scene,she was lying there with a tartan rug over her already gone,i couldnt believe it,id like till thank the passer by that sat with kasey in her last moments,kasey was unique,i know every owner thinks the same off their dog,just cant get it out my head seeing her lying there and knowing nothin could be done,hope the taxi driver can live with his conscience because by the sound off eye witnesses he didnt seem too bothered,imagine it had been a child,if he had been goin a little slower,maybe things would have been different,guess well never know,very good off the taxi driver not taking things further,yes my dog should have been on a lead,but he shouldnt have been going so fast!

KCI
09-Sep-09, 21:39
I am so sorry to hear about Kasey.
It's a terrible thing, to see your beloved pet like that - I've seen so many of my cats in the same way, and it breaks your heart.
So sorry.

goldenguernsey
09-Sep-09, 21:51
I am so sorry about your dog, you must be devastated. Maybe as you said, your dog should have been on a lead but should the taxi not have been doing 30mph or less? It's aweful to lose a loved pet at anytime but under these circumstances it must be even more traumatic. Sorry again for your loss

Alice in Blunderland
09-Sep-09, 22:05
My daughter passed and when she got home mentioned that a dog had been knocked down and wondered if it would be okay.

I am so sorry to hear your news and will pass it onto Weesparkle as she had hoped the doggie would be okay. :(

Kevin Milkins
09-Sep-09, 22:14
It's a very sad day for you and your family, and I am sure now many more orger's share your grief. My thoughts are with you because I could not imagine how dreadfull I would feel if it was my dog.

Liz
09-Sep-09, 22:22
My heart goes out to you on your very sad loss of Kasey.

It is even more difficult to lose a pet under such awful circumstances. Sadly,many drivers just don't seem to care whether they hit an animal.

All of us here on pets corner know the pain of losing a much loved pet so are always here if you need to chat.

Take care. xxx

unicorn
09-Sep-09, 22:28
So sorry to hear you are having to go through this terrible pain. There is always someone here to listen. RIP Kasey :~(

Fri_13
09-Sep-09, 22:54
thank u all for ure kind wishes,means a lot,house is so empty without her,everything we do,reminds us off her,all her wee quirks and she was such a laid back wee girl,well big girl lol,beautiful natured,nothin bothered her,just wondered when the sadness and emptiness ends that we feel without her?:(

topotheuk
09-Sep-09, 23:39
So sorry for your loss. similar happened to my wee cat a couple of years ago. It doesn't hurt so much now, but he is always remembered and still talked about, but now with fond memories rather than pain. Your post brought a tear to my eye and I didn't have the pleasure of meeting your Kasey, but she sounded lovely. It will take time, but you'll get there. xx

teenybash
10-Sep-09, 00:12
So sad such a heart breaking story........Lots of hugs to you and your family and Kasey will be hugging you all the time till you feel better and when it's time she'll let you go...................:~(

Margaret M.
10-Sep-09, 02:14
Kasey obviously brought so much joy to you and your family and to lose her must be heartbreaking. It does not change the outcome but I would think it would be of some comfort to know the driver stopped right away and showed some concern. It's too bad that he failed to do the right thing.

Aaldtimer
10-Sep-09, 03:13
Kasey obviously brought so much joy to you and your family and to lose her must be heartbreaking. It does not change the outcome but I would think it would be of some comfort to know the driver stopped right away and showed some concern. It's too bad that he failed to do the right thing.

Just what was the "right thing" Margaret?
I don't think the taxi driver would be feeling very good about this.
I really didn't want to post on this thread, as I have strong feelings about the subject.
Whilst I sympathise with the loss of a beloved pet, I have also witnessed the death of two dogs out of my living room window, by owners allowing the dogs to run free "off lead".
It's not pretty to see, or clean the blood off the road afterwards, and try to explain to a child what you are doing and why.
Dogs are unpredictable by nature, that's why there is a Bye-law(in Thurso, I believe it's still in force) that a dog should always be on a lead in a public place.
We have a wee Westie who is never allowed out of the house without being on a lead and it would break my heart if if anything similar would happen to him.
I feel your pain TB76. :(

dragonfly
10-Sep-09, 08:15
so sorry for your loss Kasey will leave you with lots of happy memories and one day you'll be able to remember her without the tears and smile again - unfortunately you have to go through the pain of losing her first :~(

BINBOB
10-Sep-09, 10:13
So sorry ............poor Kasey....God bless and run free at the rainbow bridge.

Fri_13
10-Sep-09, 11:43
I don't think the taxi driver would be feeling very good about this.
I really didn't want to post on this thread, as I have strong feelings about the subject.
Whilst I sympathise with the loss of a beloved pet, I have also witnessed the death of two dogs out of my living room window, by owners allowing the dogs to run free "off lead".
It's not pretty to see, or clean the blood off the road afterwards, and try to explain to a child what you are doing and why.
Dogs are unpredictable by nature, that's why there is a Bye-law(in Thurso, I believe it's still in force) that a dog should always be on a lead in a public place.
We have a wee Westie who is never allowed out of the house without being on a lead and it would break my heart if if anything similar would happen to him.
I feel your pain TB76 .

thank u all for ure kind wishes,yeah she was out with a man who was great with her and took her out every day,they were cumin out a garden gate and thats when she ran acrooss the road,which was out of character for her,yes she should have had a lead on i totally agree,suppose its all ifs and buts,cant change things,but we cant keep out children on leashes can we?? we teach them right from wrong but sometimes they get so excited,they never think and wud do exactly the same thing, then consequences happen,as for speeding we all do it,when we shouldnt,what annoyed me ,ure sayin about the taxi driver,this was an inconvenience to him,this was near the opening from the kids park,so what if one off our chikldren had ran across the road,kasey was a big dog who got such a knock,driver stopped up near the bus shelter a good bit up from where he hit her

cuddlepop
10-Sep-09, 14:20
Such sad time for you all.:~(

crustyroll
10-Sep-09, 17:52
Kasey was such a lovely girl and answered really well. She was used to walking off lead but 'accidents' do happen. My old dog got hit by a car but she wasnt seriously hurt because the driver was doing about '20mph' as there were lots of kids around. If the driver had been doing an appropriate speed then Kasey would probably still be here. Kasey was a big dog and for the car to go right over her, he must have been going way too fast [evil]

lady penelope
10-Sep-09, 21:44
I was the passer by, I never saw the accident, but many years ago I too lost a beautiful black lab cross in an accident & since then all my dogs have been on leads near roads. You cannot apportion blame to the animal & accidents do happen, but if you learn from this it means less deaths of animals on roads. I am very sad for you tb76, I wouldn't wish this on anyone, & it was the least I could do. Love to you & your family x

BINBOB
10-Sep-09, 22:07
That was a very kind thing to do............bless u.