PDA

View Full Version : toilet training

lorr_mun14
09-Sep-09, 09:14
Just got a 12 week old patterdale, any good tips for toilet training, does not seem to want to do it on paper or on training pads or outside!! Help!

brandy
09-Sep-09, 12:22
pop him outsid every hour on the hour, when he does th toilet out side praise him greatly! aways put him out after he eats or drinks mind!

diet coke
09-Sep-09, 14:28
Hi there i just got a patterjack puppy he is now 14weeks i got him at six and a half weeks, i took him out every half a hour for a couple of weeks then just after he eats and when he wakens up speacialy then. Now he great at going out side for the toilet .hes never done anything in the house.;)

lorr_mun14
10-Sep-09, 10:50
I will try this approach, if I can get her to stay outside with me, she keeps darting back in, doesn't seem to like the grass too much either! Its all about persistence I guess, just like children! Thanks

brandy
10-Sep-09, 11:59
just shut the door *laughs* thats what i do!

dragonfly
10-Sep-09, 12:01
hi Lorr!! its a simple case of taking her outside everytime after she sleeps, eats or plays and eventually she'll get the hang of it, mine still all dash outside after eating their meals as it became a routine

whats she called, where's the pictures and when can I see her??? Brodie luvs little dogs cos in his head he is one!!

lorr_mun14
10-Sep-09, 14:02
hi Lorr!! its a simple case of taking her outside everytime after she sleeps, eats or plays and eventually she'll get the hang of it, mine still all dash outside after eating their meals as it became a routine

whats she called, where's the pictures and when can I see her??? Brodie luvs little dogs cos in his head he is one!!

Hey Jul,
Gem!! No pictures yet, well only on my camera. Anytime you want my dear! xx