PDA

View Full Version : Laughter

Vistravi
08-Sep-09, 23:10
(a light hearted thread against the negative posts in threads;))

What makes you laugh?

A face someone you know makes? Making someone you know and love laugh? A good comedy? etc

For me it has to be a good comedy, sometimes the way my parnter(sp? it doesn't look quite right lol) does things and the way some of the kids in the nursery do things. :lol:

Kathy@watten
08-Sep-09, 23:14
The spelling on here makes me chuckle a lot, as does the grammar, but in all seriousness I still take delight and find great amusement in bodily functions. Doesn't everyone secretly laugh at farting?

shazzap
08-Sep-09, 23:25
Not very nice i know but, i just can't help it when someone trips or falls.
As long as they don't injure themselves i fall about laughing.

Kevin Milkins
08-Sep-09, 23:29
I know it's old, but it never fails to cheer me up. Warning!!! do not click on this thread if you are a grumpy git.:lol::lol::lol:
The Laughing Policeman - Charles Jolly / Penrose (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI1nPd7hezM)

Vistravi
08-Sep-09, 23:30
The spelling on here makes me chuckle a lot, as does the grammar, but in all seriousness I still take delight and find great amusement in bodily functions. Doesn't everyone secretly laugh at farting?

My partner does! :lol: He takes great joy in creating his farts unfortunatly. Stink bombs more like lol

Aye my spelling and grammer is quite bad in that post. Can't believe i couldn't figure out how to spell partner properly :lol: Nothing looked right! Think i'll leave it as it is lol.

mums angels
08-Sep-09, 23:38
My kids make me laugh every day , sometimes after a really bad day they are the only ones that can make me laugh and smile .

Vistravi
08-Sep-09, 23:39
Not very nice i know but, i just can't help it when someone trips or falls.
As long as they don't injure themselves i fall about laughing.

I'm like that too. My sister used to and still does fall over quite a bit. i remember once she fell from a plastc chair into a bush. Couldn't stand for laughing :lol:

One of my workmates tripped over a large toy today after flapping about like a fairy over a wee spider. Both me and my other two collegues just fell about laughing at her :lol:

Kathy@watten
08-Sep-09, 23:40
Oh dear my above post was not directed at you, tho true enough, but in general I love tying errors and the way folk type like they talk. I am as guilty as the next person for using mispelt words, slang and dare I say it text type words. Lash at it, more posts the better, never fear those whom consider themselves superior in intelect and poo poo us normal human beings who are all flawed in one way or another. Many arguments and general bickering has happened of late on the ORG regarding spelling etc. really pointless and non constructive belittling behaviour from the ignorant. I also find funny those who start threads on a obviously not so well hidden dig at someone or something hoping for a reaction.

Kodiak
08-Sep-09, 23:47
Slilly Jokes make me laugh, like this :-

What is Big, Red and Eats Rocks?

A Big Red Rock Eater.

So What is Big, Red and Eats Sand?

Why a Big Red Rock Eater on a Diet. [lol][lol][lol]

Vistravi
08-Sep-09, 23:49
Oh dear my above post was not directed at you, tho true enough, but in general I love tying errors and the way folk type like they talk. I am as guilty as the next person for using mispelt words, slang and dare I say it text type words. Lash at it, more posts the better, never fear those whom consider themselves superior in intelect and poo poo us normal human beings who are all flawed in one way or another. Many arguments and general bickering has happened of late on the ORG regarding spelling etc. really pointless and non constructive belittling behaviour from the ignorant. I also find funny those who start threads on a obviously not so well hidden dig at someone or something hoping for a reaction.

Aye I agree. More important things to agure over than spelling. what i find funny about spelling is when you honestly can't think of how a word you use often is spelt. when I remember i find it amasing as to how i forgot in the first place :lol:

joxville
09-Sep-09, 00:26
I know it's old, but it never fails to cheer me up. Warning!!! do not click on this thread if you are a grumpy git.
The Laughing Policeman - Charles Jolly / Penrose (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI1nPd7hezM)

I didn't click on it, I never found it funny when I was a kid. Neither did my Grandad when he was a kid. :(

George Brims
09-Sep-09, 01:15
TDoesn't everyone secretly laugh at farting?
No. I laugh openly. [lol]

northener
09-Sep-09, 11:01
Why has Edward Woodward got four 'D's' in his name?
because otherwise he'd be called Ewar Woowar.:Razz

I was told that terrible joke just before going on to march out of Old Sarum castle as part of a large British Civil War display we were doing.
We'd all had a few beers beforehand:roll:...and the sight of 60 burly 'battle-hardened' and armoured pikemen attempting to march across the bridge whilst crying with laughter still makes me smile.....

Tugmistress
09-Sep-09, 11:04
No. I laugh openly. [lol]

you and i both! [lol]

changilass
09-Sep-09, 11:12
I laugh when someone cheers me up with a wee quip when I'm feeling crap - thanks Tuggs xx

honey
09-Sep-09, 11:36
my kids make me laugh all the time. Its especially hard when they are getting a teling off and say something funny, trying to keep a straight face then is hard!

ShelleyCowie
09-Sep-09, 11:45
My OH makes me laugh on a daily basis! We are very immature with each other. Like big kids really! Its brilliant fun.

My OH's kids make me laugh and so does athrun! Its really hard to keep a straight face when they are being told off because its something i would naturally find funny.

I love laughing! Its a natural way to relieve stress.

I dont find farts funny anymore unless they are a funny sound because my OH does it oh so regularly! :roll: He laughs at them, and if i say nothing about it then he gets disapointed! Typical man i dare say! :Razz

dietcokegirl
09-Sep-09, 20:38
I dont find farts funny anymore unless they are a funny sound because my OH does it oh so regularly! :roll: He laughs at them, and if i say nothing about it then he gets disapointed! Typical man i dare say! :Razz

My OH does that too! He'll let one rip, giggle and then look at me as if he deserves praise or something :roll: So i'll ignore him and continue watching TV and he sits in a sulk!

Honestly, do men think they deserve praise just for letting off wind??

Whitewater
09-Sep-09, 20:49
I like a good laugh, the more stupid the joke the better and I laugh out loud at silly films. My wife makes me laugh a lot too, we both seem to able amuse each other.

Vistravi
09-Sep-09, 22:14
My OH does that too! He'll let one rip, giggle and then look at me as if he deserves praise or something :roll: So i'll ignore him and continue watching TV and he sits in a sulk!

It's attention seeking behaviour;)

Maybe i should try this technique with himself. Might make his dramaticiness when letting rip better. He honestly puts on a pose for it. :roll:

ShelleyCowie
09-Sep-09, 22:35

Its terrible aint it! I get no praise for cleaning the house, doing the dishes, cooking and washing but he wants me to praise him for a fart! a bloomin fart! :roll:

I burp quite alot (probably more than any woman should) but he just ignores it! He says its just a normal noise to him now! Where is my praise for that! I can give some good burps, have put men to shame! :Razz

joxville
09-Sep-09, 22:53
Why has Edward Woodward got four 'D's' in his name?

Lawrence Olivier called E.W. 'fart in the bath' because he said thats how the name sounded. :)