PDA

View Full Version : Scotland vs Holland

bettedaviseyes
08-Sep-09, 19:55
What do any of the orgers think will happen in tomorrow nights game? Will we win or lose? I'm hoping we win and get in the world cup!!http://www.football-wallpapers.com/wallpapers3/scotland_2_1280x1024.jpg C'MON SCOTLAND:lol::lol:

redeyedtreefrog
08-Sep-09, 19:57
I honestly couldn't care less.

Bruce
08-Sep-09, 20:20
c'mon the scotland!!!

M R
08-Sep-09, 21:06

LOL, i am only writing this because i have to.

Mik.M.
08-Sep-09, 21:08
Me too.Football,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

bettedaviseyes
08-Sep-09, 21:17
This thread was for folk that support their country and enjoy football. I love the football, going to the pub with pals to watch it. Would be amazing if we got to the finals:D

celtic lass
08-Sep-09, 21:20
This thread was for folk that support their country and enjoy football. I love the football, going to the pub with pals to watch it. Would be amazing if we got to the finals:D
yep i have to agree:)

©Amethyst
08-Sep-09, 21:20

I agree.

Although it would be nice to see Scotland win... I'm really not bothered.

theone
08-Sep-09, 22:05
I'll be in Hampden supporting the team but to be honest I expect we'll be taught a lesson in football.

I expect a new manager shortly, not a bad thing, but I fear it'll be Strachan..........

canuck
08-Sep-09, 22:21
What do any of the orgers think will happen in tomorrow nights game? Will we win or lose? I'm hoping we win and get in the world cup!! C'MON SCOTLAND:lol::lol:

Of course we are going to win.

(But tell me again, what is it we are playing?)

im behind you
08-Sep-09, 22:26
i think they could win it but even if we do we wont be as well placed as the other best runner ups

Metalattakk
09-Sep-09, 00:28
I'll be in Hampden supporting the team but to be honest I expect we'll be taught a lesson in football.

I expect a new manager shortly, not a bad thing, but I fear it'll be Strachan..........

When all is said and done though, who could we get that's better than Strachan?

I'm undecided over whether he has the necessary stature (no heightist pun intended) for the job but there doesn't really seem to be any credible alternatives that would be a markedly better option.

A Scotland manager needs to command respect. Burley, over some considerable time, has been proven to fail at this most basic of requirements. And I'm far from convinced that Strachan would be able to fill those shoes either.

So that leaves us in a fair bit of limbo until the next set of qualifiers come around in about a year's time. Can we afford to appoint Strachan as merely a stop-gap in the hope that someone more stately will appear over the horizon in time for the next round of important matches?

Tough times ahead for TweedlePeat and TweedleDumb at the SFA, methinks.

Rheghead
09-Sep-09, 00:34

Too much pressure in the big chair for the wee man.

theone
09-Sep-09, 00:45
Too much pressure in the big chair for the wee man.

I'm not so sure. He coped with the pressure dished out from the celtic support and media, I'm sure he could manage.

As a football fan I just couldn't stand his interview 'humour' and playing style.

As suggested by metalatak I see troubled times ahead for the idiots in the SFA.

Amy-Winehouse
09-Sep-09, 06:21

Nice input:roll:

Amy-Winehouse
09-Sep-09, 06:23
Scotland to get humped 3-0 by Netherlands tonight- hope Im wrong though. If we did get through to the finals, a massive IF , wed probably be hammered in every game so is it really worth it?

A trip to Africa?;) Doesnt sound all that bad really now Ive come to think about it

oldmarine
09-Sep-09, 06:39
I would be cheering for Scotland to win.

Invisible
09-Sep-09, 09:48
Scotland still have to play in the play-offs even if they win. We also need Poland and Slovenia to draw and Northern Ireland to lose. It's possible.

loganbiffy
09-Sep-09, 10:43
It's sad to see Scotland fans living in a dream world. I support the national team for sure but why do we constantly get our hopes up?
There is NO CHANCE of us beating Holland if they put out a full-strength team.

They are top of our group by a mile for a reason, they are GOOD.
Scotland's best chance of getting anywhere in recent years is when Walter Smith was the manager, he started making us become winners and believing in ourselves, now we have George Burley, a poor manager.

He gets no respect from the players, he cannot motivate them either.
Good luck to the Scots for tonight but I ain't holding my breath.
And before anyone says I'm being negative, I am not, I am being realistic. :)

The Angel Of Death
09-Sep-09, 10:47
Burnley is a disgrace as Scotland manager some of the team selections have been shocking picking a championship player who plays for mins at a time to come on when we need a result instead of Scotland's top goal scorer was just shocking (yes I'm a rangers fan but would say exactly the same if it was any other player)
The same thing about the "booze gate" fiasco 2 players singled out for something most of the team had done yes it was wrong and yes they deserved to be punished but does anyone think the punishment actually fitted the crime ? By the reaction from SFA towers you would have thought they killed a kitten in the middle of the park

As for the game we will get pumped far to little far to late

Rheghead
09-Sep-09, 18:12
Would Glen Hoddle be interested in taking over for Euro 2012?:lol:

Would you have him? Best manager for a long time, pity he couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Invisible
09-Sep-09, 21:13
Fancy a game of hangman

G_ORG_ BURL_Y

can I have an E please?

teddybear1873
09-Sep-09, 21:16
fancy a game of hangman

g_org_ burl_y

can i have an e please?

georg_ burl_y

teddybear1873
09-Sep-09, 21:18

Would you have him? Best manager for a long time, pity he couldn't keep his mouth shut.

At this rate the Scotland board would probably welcome Jimmy Hill.

Invisible
09-Sep-09, 21:19
At least Kris Boyd will be back in a Scotland shirt soon

teddybear1873
09-Sep-09, 21:21
At least Kris Boyd will be back in a Scotland shirt soon

And Denis Law is coming out of retirement.

Invisible
09-Sep-09, 21:23
georg_ burl_y

I'll get the rope

teddybear1873
09-Sep-09, 21:28
I'll get the rope

Make sure the rope is short.

The Angel Of Death
09-Sep-09, 23:21
Although not the pumping I called still another glorious failure

I just don't think Burnley is the man to take us forward (if that's even possible) and we need a change team selections have been ropey to say the least seems if your granddad once kissed a Scottish lass your more or less guaranteed a place in the squad

Good try George but as it stands thanks but no thanks and I for one wont be sad to see you go

Metalattakk
09-Sep-09, 23:35
Good try George but as it stands thanks but no thanks and I for one wont be sad to see you go

I feel similarly, but then who is qualified to take over?

Strachan.

That's it.

And ask yourself, is Strachan more able than Burley (if Strachan is even available and interested)?

Rheghead
10-Sep-09, 00:46
At least England won! :lol: Sob in yer beer fowks!

Venture
10-Sep-09, 08:05
At least England won! :lol: Sob in yer beer fowks!

Now, now Rheghead it's the taking part that counts.:roll:;)

Dog
10-Sep-09, 08:14
Craig Levien is the man we need.
Another glorious failure, once again the team only seems motivated when their backs are against the wall and it's a do or die effort.
When one looks at the earlier results it could all have been so different with some motivation earlier in the group games.
And I was so looking forward to driving my Fiesta, with four fat friends, all the way to South Africa.
Plenty of time now though to practice my Samba for Brazil in 2014.

Amy-Winehouse
10-Sep-09, 10:35
Craig Levien is the man we need.
Another glorious failure, once again the team only seems motivated when their backs are against the wall and it's a do or die effort.
When one looks at the earlier results it could all have been so different with some motivation earlier in the group games.
And I was so looking forward to driving my Fiesta, with four fat friends, all the way to South Africa.
Plenty of time now though to practice my Samba for Brazil in 2014.

No he is not, Until United won their first game of season, they hadnt won at home since January not the greatest of form really is it?
Levein has won diddly squat as a manager- he certainly talks a good game but until he actually wins something- no thanks.

Bazeye
10-Sep-09, 23:49

And hes as nutty as a fruit cake. (never did understand that saying)

Whats Souness doing these days and could Moyes be persuaded to leave Everton?

The Angel Of Death
11-Sep-09, 09:28
Moyse wont leave Everton has been said in close circles he will be replacing fergie at man united when he calls time

Souness would give the team the much needed kick in the proverbial literally

Amy-Winehouse
11-Sep-09, 10:33
Moyse wont leave Everton has been said in close circles he will be replacing fergie at man united when he calls time

Souness would give the team the much needed kick in the proverbial literally

Souness wouldnt go there as the SFA treated him like dirt when he was boss of the Champions, not sure Id want him coz he didnt really do much after he left Rangers & he has a dodgy ticker nut on the other hand- who else is there?
Jimmy Calderwood, Gordon Chesney Strachan, I d like Fergie but dont see him doing it Im afraid

The Angel Of Death
11-Sep-09, 12:12
Its getting to the stage that the Scotland managers job is a bit of a poisoned chalice at the moment

The people wanting it are not capable of doing the job properly and the people the fans want are not interested in it

Invisible
11-Sep-09, 12:53
Its getting to the stage that the Scotland managers job is a bit of a poisoned chalice at the moment

The people wanting it are not capable of doing the job properly and the people the fans want are not interested in it

We learnt our lesson with hiring a foreign manager with Berti, Owen Coyle today ruled himself out of the post today (personally i think he's a bit too inexperienced to manage at international level). If Owen Coyle is saying no to the post then who can we get, Mr Strachan?
I would like to see Stuart McCall back in Scotland, not everyone's cup of tea i bet.

Metalattakk
11-Sep-09, 13:07
Owen Coyle today ruled himself out of the post today (personally i think he's a bit too inexperienced to manage at international level).

I would like to see Stuart McCall back in Scotland, not everyone's cup of tea i bet.

That doesn't make much sense - You'd be against Coyle because of his lack of club management experience yet you'd be happy to approve McCall?

Let's face it chaps, we're stuck with Burley until next summer at least. Not that it makes much difference, there's only friendlies between now and this time next year.

Invisible
11-Sep-09, 13:16
McCall has been managing longer than Coyle, it wasn't a suggestion for the post i just like McCall from his Rangers days.

Metalattakk
11-Sep-09, 13:31
McCall has been managing longer than Coyle,

Naw he hasn't.

Manager of Bradford since May 2007. And that's it apart from 2 games as caretaker of Bradford back in 2003.

Owe Coyle on the other hand has been St Johnstone's manager, then Burnley manager, all since 2005. Never mind the brief 3 months in charge of Falkirk before all that.

it wasn't a suggestion for the post i just like McCall from his Rangers days.

Accepted, although this is maybe a big part of the problem in Scottish football - many of us just can't see past our own club allegiances.

Bazeye
11-Sep-09, 21:12
How longs Sven at Notts County for?

teddybear1873
11-Sep-09, 21:54
Forget the next Scottish manager. Whoever takes the job will be a failure. There doesn't seem to be any passion left on who pulls on the dark blue jersey.

Amy-Winehouse
11-Sep-09, 22:32
[quote=teddybear1873;593426]Forget the next Scottish manager. Whoever takes the job will be a failure. There doesn't seem to be any passion left on who pulls on the dark blue jersey.[/quote

I wouldnt say that, Burley doesnt pick the best players for the job so its partly(mainly)his fault. All Ive heard is about the Miller miss-it was a save but he really shouldve scored but nothing about Broon09 s miss in the first half- why? If hes worth £10 million.....

Scotland have been rank rotten for years, In 1978 our fans were in Argentina chanting for their money back because they got beat by Peru , now adays the tartan army([lol]) would be sitting in amongst the away fans celebrating the away team wiping the floor with Scotland?? To me thats just ridiculous, accepting that were mince & all the rest of the world is laughing at our sorry team. So we`ll get pyshed anyway, they treat us like doormats but hey its okay , were the tartan army???

As for George Peat, who is he? What did he do for Scottish football? Hes done nothing for any club I support , when Barry Ferguson had his wee rant last month Peat & Smith were on his case- fast forward a month & what does Peat do???
Ban clowns like him from the SFA , sooner rather than later.
Rant over for now:eek:

Rheghead
11-Sep-09, 22:45
So the logical outcome of all this is that all Scots should get behind England in order to be part of something that is greater than themselves instead of being a gurning minority of the UK?:Razz

Metalattakk
11-Sep-09, 23:42
So the logical outcome of all this is that all Scots should get behind England in order to be part of something that is greater than themselves instead of being a gurning minority of the UK?:Razz

Yes, in the same way that all Belgians will support the Netherlands in the next World Cup. Or all Poles supporting Germany. :roll:

It ain't gonna happen, and nor should it.

Closest neighbours = strongest rivalry.

Stavro
12-Sep-09, 00:04

It is usually the English that are the best at gurning. Have you not noticed how the television commentators spend seemingly hours saying how great the English team is and how the opposition must be honoured to be on the same park. Then, after England are taught a lesson in how to play the game, it's head-in-hands time.

If the game was played with an arrogance meter then England would win every time, but unfortunately for them it is played with a ball.

:lol:

teddybear1873
12-Sep-09, 00:23
It is usually the English that are the best at gurning. Have you not noticed how the television commentators spend seemingly hours saying how great the English team is and how the opposition must be honoured to be on the same park. Then, after England are taught a lesson in how to play the game, it's head-in-hands time.

If the game was played with an arrogance meter then England would win every time, but unfortunately for them it is played with a ball.

I love it when Engerland reach the world cup finals. Listening to the media then I start rolling over laughing after saying that this is there year to bring home the world cup.

All together now.

It's not coming home
It's not coming home
It's not coming
Football's not coming home
(x4)

Everyone seems to know the score
They've seen it all before
They just know
They're so sure

That England's gonna
Throw it away
Gonna blow it away
But I know they can't play
Cos' I remember

Three lions on the shirt
Jules Rimet still gleaming
43 Years of hurt
Never stoppped me dreaming

So many jokes, so many jeers
But all those oh so nears
Wear you down
Through the years

But I still see that
Tackle by Moore
And when Lineker scored
Bobby belting the ball
And nobby dancing like a fairy

Three lions on a shirt
Jules rimet still gleaming
43 Years of hurt
Never stopped me dreaming

I know that was then
But it could be again

It's not coming home
It's not coming home
It's not coming
Football's not coming home
(x4)

Three lions on a shirt
Jules rimet still gleaming
43 Years of hurt
Never stopped me dreaming

Stavro
12-Sep-09, 00:49
I love it when Engerland reach the world cup finals. Listening to the media then I start rolling over laughing after saying that this is there year to bring home the world cup.

All together now.

Don't you just love their awful, cringingly-bad songs?! Still, at least we will be spared by Beckham's age from having to watch him try to play anymore.

Bazeye
12-Sep-09, 01:10
Don't you just love their awful, cringingly-bad songs?! Still, at least we will be spared by Beckham's age from having to watch him try to play anymore.

Unlike that all time classic, "Were on the march with Allys Army".:lol:

Ps Nowt wrong with "World in Motion" :cool:
(Apart from the Barnes rap, still you cant have everything)

teddybear1873
12-Sep-09, 03:12

Ps Nowt wrong with "World in Motion" :cool:
(Apart from the Barnes rap, still you cant have everything)

Highlight of that was Andy Cameron on Top of the Pops.

I also rememeber the B side "I wanna be a punk rocker"

Amy-Winehouse
12-Sep-09, 07:38

No I wont be supporting England. If they get there it will be Northern Ireland as there are 3 players from my club playing for them, not forgetting the `new George Best` Mr McCourt from the other side of the city -also work with a couple of brilliant chaps from Belfast & Coleraine. If they dont get there Spain will, & thats usually the team I watch for.

I might even hope for Rep.Oirland to do well, but it depends on how many players from my clubs biggest rivals play for them;)

Invisible
12-Sep-09, 12:01
Naw he hasn't.

Manager of Bradford since May 2007. And that's it apart from 2 games as caretaker of Bradford back in 2003.

McCall started management in 2000

Metalattakk
12-Sep-09, 13:21
McCall started management in 2000
Yes my mistake - caretaker of Bradford for 2 games in 2000, not 2003 like I said.

And your point is?

teddybear1873
12-Sep-09, 14:50
Yes my mistake - caretaker of Bradford for 2 games in 2000, not 2003 like I said.

And your point is?

His point. You were wrong.

Metalattakk
12-Sep-09, 15:05
So he was right in pointing out that I was wrong about him being wrong - which he still is.

Fair enough.

teddybear1873
12-Sep-09, 15:18
So he was right in pointing out that I was wrong about him being wrong - which he still is.

Fair enough.

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Metalattakk
12-Sep-09, 15:25
I dunno why you're trying to provoke things, but...

He claimed that Stuart McCall has been a manager for longer than Owen Coyle. This statement is plainly wrong.

Stuart McCall:
Caretaker-manager for 2 games in 2000.
Appointed manager of Bradford in 2007.

Owen Coyle:
Manager of Falkirk for 3 months in 2003.
Manager of St Johnstone in 2005.
Manger of Burnley in 2007.

Now, the maths isn't difficult to work out. :roll:

teddybear1873
12-Sep-09, 15:40
I dunno why you're trying to provoke things, but...

He claimed that Stuart McCall has been a manager for longer than Owen Coyle. This statement is plainly wrong.

Stuart McCall:
Caretaker-manager for 2 games in 2000.
Appointed manager of Bradford in 2007.

Owen Coyle:
Manager of Falkirk for 3 months in 2003.
Manager of St Johnstone in 2005.
Manger of Burnley in 2007.

Now, the maths isn't difficult to work out. :roll:

If anyone is going to be the next Scottish manager, it will be someone with at least 3-5 years experience at high club level, and those 2 haven't.

EVS Gordon Strachan (Maybe, but I doubt it)
5/2 Jim Jeffries (Bad choice)
8/1 Walter Smith (Won't come back)
10/1 Graeme Souness (Wont take it as he was refused before)
10/1 Bily Davies (Who?)
10/1 Craig Levein (Not enough experience_
12/1 Ally McCoist (Hasn't been a manager, only 2nd fiddle)
12/1 Mark McGhee (Not enough experience with any top club)
16/1 David Moyes (Best chance with Gordon Strachan but knows Scotland is a laughin stock)

20/1 Joe Jordan (Thats a laugh)
20/1 Gary McAllister (Too soft)
25/1 Colin Calderwood (Needs more experience)
25/1 Alex McLeish (Another one who won't come back)
33/1 Sir Alex Ferguson (Will only take the job if he gets to wear the Stigs outfit)

Metalattakk
12-Sep-09, 15:51
As I've said previously, the SFA won't boot Burley out on his hips next week.

There's no viable alternative to Burley at the moment except for Strachan or 'some foreigner'. And we've already tried the 'some foreigner' option and look how that turned out. :roll:

Rheghead
12-Sep-09, 17:10
And we've already tried the 'some foreigner' option and look how that turned out. :roll:

Do you think a manager's nationality affects the performance on the field?:confused

Metalattakk
12-Sep-09, 17:15
Nope, but managing a team isn't just about what happens on the pitch.

tonkatojo
12-Sep-09, 17:21
Nope, but managing a team isn't just about what happens on the pitch.

Aye and that includes their action of those on the bench. ;)

teddybear1873
12-Sep-09, 17:55
Aye and that includes their action of those on the bench. ;)

Maybe it includes, what happens in the bath tub after the game.

Stavro
12-Sep-09, 18:15

O dear. I forgot that one!

:D

Amy-Winehouse
12-Sep-09, 18:58
Do you think a manager's nationality affects the performance on the field?:confused

Well in Owen Coyles case , he stated it would be an honour to manage his country- funny that because Coyle chose & played for the ROI :eek: So how would he be managing his country????

Plastic Paddy`s strike again.

teddybear1873
12-Sep-09, 19:25
Whoever the next Scotland will be, I would prefer the person to have some form of International managing experience but I can't see that happening.

Were probably 10 years if not more behind where we should be. Were going to have to suck it up and see us again fail to qualify for the European Championship and the next World Cup in 2014.

Bazeye
12-Sep-09, 20:15
Highlight of that was Andy Cameron on Top of the Pops.

I also rememeber the B side "I wanna be a punk rocker"

But ma maw willnae let me .........Ha! Forgotten all about that one.:lol: