PDA

View Full Version : Presents!!!!

connieb19
02-Apr-06, 23:01
Has anyone had any really odd presents given to them?
One Christmas my boyfriend gave me a frying pan and a bag of kindlers!!![mad]
The same year I got aftershave from my auntie....[disgust]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Apr-06, 23:05
The wife once bought me a pack of ten hair combs.Wi the amount of hair I have on ma heid.....wit a waste!!!But could get ten guys together get some crepe paper put them over the combs and start ma own band!!!:lol: :lol:

connieb19
02-Apr-06, 23:10
Another time I got a scratch card from a great auntie and she had scratched it for me just to see if I had won!!!!:roll:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Apr-06, 23:18
My gran used to get my brother and me matching clothes every year.In auld pictures ye would swear we were identical twins.

Sporran
04-Apr-06, 01:21
Has anyone had any really odd presents given to them?

One Christmas, my brother, who was 18 at the time, bought my husband a woollen balaclava. It wouldn't have been odd, except for the fact that my brother knew we were moving to the tropics in a few months! I just about rolled on the floor laughing when my husband opened the present, much to my brother's embarrassment! :lol: My husband seemed quite pleased with the gift, though, luckily.

A few years later, we moved north to a colder climate, where the winters were much harsher than any I've ever endured in Caithness. Lots of snow, ice, and subzero temperatures! :eek: So my husband was finally able to put the balaclava to good use, and was especially glad of it when he went cross-country skiing. In fact, he still has the balaclava to this day, and it still brings a smile to my face when I think of when he was first given it! :grin:

newpark
04-Apr-06, 08:32
When I lived abroad my auntie and uncle sent me fleece lined thermal gloves for xmas we took a photo of me in my shorts and t-shirt out in the blazing sun with my new gloves on.

obiron
04-Apr-06, 18:50
me and my brother were big buffy the vampire slayer fans so for his birthday i got a box and filled it with a piece of kindler sharpened (stake) and a fancy bottle which i put in water and a cheap cross. was his slayer kit. he loved it.

Fluff
04-Apr-06, 20:07
my boyfriend bought me a bread bin at christmas for one of my prezzies.

good intentions, but wrong time of year lol