PDA

View Full Version : Euros

igglepiggle
08-Sep-09, 14:08
Where do you prefer to buy your euros?? we usually get them from the post office, but are there better deals anywhere else??

davie
08-Sep-09, 14:14
I usually go to the Post Office but if go to Inverness Tesco is sometimes better.

plumber
08-Sep-09, 14:42
Have just bought mine on line from postoffice. for some reason you get a better rate than over the counter. I got 1.1085 online, at the counter they offered me 1.07, but I have been told not to order them on a Monday or Tuesday as the rate is less after the weekend. Hope this helps

igglepiggle
08-Sep-09, 14:46
Many thanks, i have heard online is better, i will take a look. We are not away for another 4 weeks, but i wasnt very sure how long they take to come home if bought online.

plumber
08-Sep-09, 14:49
Ordered mine on Saturday night, and will get them tomorrow before 1. not worried about it as my sister did the same last week and got them without any problems. will let you know tomorrow if they arrive on time

Dog
08-Sep-09, 15:13
If your departing via an airport then Travelex do the best deals over the internet, you buy them online then pick them up on departure. Steer clear of banks though as their exchange rates are generally rubbish.

_Ju_
08-Sep-09, 18:47
Post office has been the best deal the last 6 years.......so I think it must still be.

Cattach
09-Sep-09, 12:23
Post office has been the best deal the last 6 years.......so I think it must still be.

Maybe best walk in deal but cannot compare with online. Big difference if you go to moneysupermarker.com. Money sent special delivery and still much cheaper and arrives next day.

plumber
09-Sep-09, 12:27
Have just recieved my euro's from royal mail, on time like they said.

igglepiggle
09-Sep-09, 12:40
Thanks Plumer, i will have a look at there web page. That was quick for delivery!!

plumber
09-Sep-09, 12:54
Think it would have been quicker had it not been ordered on Saturday night

FutureMix
09-Sep-09, 13:24
Be carefull ordering online using a credit card as some credit cards treat this as an advance payment and will charge accordingly which can be daily interest!! Very expensive!!

Whitewater
09-Sep-09, 21:02
I have always found one of the best deals for euros was obtained from a wee exchange shop in Inverness, it is located down an entry as you walk down to Premark. You obviously won't make anything on it if you travel down specially for that, but if you happen to be there anyway or have a free bus pass it is worth checking out. Banks and PO are pretty poor.

Whitewater
09-Sep-09, 21:05
Maybe best walk in deal but cannot compare with online. Big difference if you go to moneysupermarker.com. Money sent special delivery and still much cheaper and arrives next day.

Haven't tried that Cattach, next time I'm going abroad I will check it out. Thanks for that.