PDA

View Full Version : Nick Griffin BNP on Question Time

teddybear1873
07-Sep-09, 16:25
Hard to say if the BBC is doing the right thing if they let him on the show. There just letting the BNP have another chance to fill the public's head with trollop.

What does the .orgers think of this? Should he be allowed on the show or not?

PS. No raised tempers on this. Don't want the mods getting involved lol.

redeyedtreefrog
07-Sep-09, 16:30
I think it'll make some amazing telly.

Alice in Blunderland
07-Sep-09, 16:45
He has an opinion let him state it and let the other parties put there cases forward also.

Silencing these people will not make them go away listening to them then in turn debating your side is a good way of dealing with them. Whether they agree or not its a free country and we can all make up our minds to what we feel is right or wrong. :)

tonkatojo
07-Sep-09, 16:58
He has an opinion let him state it and let the other parties put there cases forward also.

Silencing these people will not make them go away listening to them then in turn debating your side is a good way of dealing with them. Whether they agree or not its a free world and we can all make up our minds to what we feel is right or wrong. :)

I think you meant free COUNTRY but I get your gist, mind he probably thinks the same as you in reverse.
Not that I agree totally with him.

Alice in Blunderland
07-Sep-09, 17:12
I think you meant free COUNTRY but I get your gist, mind he probably thinks the same as you in reverse.
Not that I agree totally with him.

Thanks yes that's what I meant fingers typing faster than the brain. :D

northener
07-Sep-09, 17:14
He's the head of a legitimate political party and as such should be allowed the same access to the media as everyone else. One of the joys of democracy.

Bazeye
07-Sep-09, 17:18
Wether you agree with the BNP or not they have as much right to be on Question Time as any other political party. It'll be interesting to see who gets picked for the studio audience.

northener
07-Sep-09, 17:48
Wether you agree with the BNP or not they have as much right to be on Question Time as any other political party. It'll be interesting to see who gets picked for the studio audience.

It'll be shouty 'minority' types, not yer average middle of the road type......guaranteed.

teddybear1873
07-Sep-09, 17:58

I'm sure it will be picked with great care.

Boozeburglar
07-Sep-09, 18:06
Can't wait to see him being probed by Richard Finnegan, sharing a smutty joke with Rossy or settling down in Countdown's Dictionary Corner..

He is a bright lad, I am sure he can hold his own in any debate in which he is not pushed.

The story would be quite different were he to encounter Tony Benn, Christopher Hitchens and George Galloway on Question Time.. He would not know where to turn.

Rheghead
07-Sep-09, 21:20
What sort of democracy would we have if the media restricts a legitimate political party from putting fwd their policies?:confused

WickWitch
07-Sep-09, 21:24
I think that they should be heard. Remember the fiasco when the BBC allowed Sinn Fein to be filmed and not heard? Let the BNP talk so that their views can be aired and discussed. What we need is more education and a fairer society. That has to start with all of us.

redeyedtreefrog
07-Sep-09, 21:30
So long as they're debating against someone decent who will expose them as the racists they are :roll:

BTW this is my 100th post....woo!:cool:

WickWitch
07-Sep-09, 21:32
And that they answer any questions put to them! Actually it is about time that we had decent political interviewers who can get answers to questions that are put to politicians.

Rheghead
07-Sep-09, 21:45
And that they answer any questions put to them! Actually it is about time that we had decent political interviewers who can get answers to questions that are put to politicians.

What if they refuse to answer? Even the best can't get what they want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwlsd8RAoqI

WickWitch
07-Sep-09, 21:51
That's true,Rheghead, but Mr Howard didn't last as leader of the Con. party did he? I remember that interview well.
We need more people openly questioning our politicians and demanding full and proper answers.

teddybear1873
07-Sep-09, 22:05
If they appear on Question Time, It will be a turning point for the BNP, whether it's a good turning point or a bad one. I honestly think they will sink fast if Nick Griffin appears on telly.

Bazeye
07-Sep-09, 22:16
What I cant fathom is, if theyre so racist/nazi/vile or whatever, why have the mainstream parties refused to take the stage with them in the past?
Are they afraid that their gravy train might be derailed and they are simply, and always have been, looking after number 1. One million of the electorate cannot be dismissed and just swept under the carpet. Just a thought.

crayola
07-Sep-09, 23:47
One million of the electorate cannot be dismissed and just swept under the carpet.Why not? It's the best place for them. :lol:

Aaldtimer
08-Sep-09, 03:03
Erm..."One million of the electorate cannot be dismissed and just swept under the carpet. "... Baz, can you tell us where that figure come from?:confused

Cattach
08-Sep-09, 08:13
Hard to say if the BBC is doing the right thing if they let him on the show. There just letting the BNP have another chance to fill the public's head with trollop.

What does the .orgers think of this? Should he be allowed on the show or not?

PS. No raised tempers on this. Don't want the mods getting involved lol.

I not watch question time for years and even when I did it was only occasionally. I do not want to go to bed with high blood pressure and a temper and have seen in the past the sorts of silly arguments that take place on that programme I now do not watch it.

Bazeye
08-Sep-09, 10:11
Erm..."One million of the electorate cannot be dismissed and just swept under the carpet. "... Baz, can you tell us where that figure come from?:confused

The million people who voted for them in the Euro elections in June.

Aaldtimer
08-Sep-09, 16:40
Thanks Baz, I'd forgotten about them!:eek: