PDA

View Full Version : Whats happening.in this country.

Bazeye
07-Sep-09, 00:07
You may or may not be aware that the English Defence League, who, by the way, are nothing whatsoever to do with the BNP, despite what you may read in the papers held a march yesterday in Birmingham protesting against Islam extremism. They were met by the usual labour party funded Unite Against Fascism thugs and local, so called moderate muslims.
For God sake they were protesting against muslim extremism not against muslims so what exactly is the agenda of the UAF? What also wasnt reported was that long after the protest was over Asian 'youths' attacked anybody who had a white face and who had nothing to do with the original protest. Im afraid it seems Enoch Powell was right all along. IMO.

Kevin Milkins
07-Sep-09, 00:51
You may or may not be aware that the English Defence League, who, by the way, are nothing whatsoever to do with the BNP, despite what you may read in the papers held a march yesterday in Birmingham protesting against Islam extremism. They were met by the usual labour party funded Unite Against Fascism thugs and local, so called moderate muslims.
For God sake they were protesting against muslim extremism not against muslims so what exactly is the agenda of the UAF? What also wasnt reported was that long after the protest was over Asian 'youths' attacked anybody who had a white face and who had nothing to do with the original protest. Im afraid it seems Enoch Powell was right all along. IMO.

Some would say, "old Enoch was way ahead of the game" I would say that the only trouble with extremism is , it's a little bit extreme.:confused , but I know where you are coming from Bazeye.

Boozeburglar
07-Sep-09, 01:23
the English Defence League, who, by the way, are nothing whatsoever to do with the BNP, despite what you may read in the papers

Rubbish.

..if their remit was to protest against extremism then why were they displaying the slogans they did, and holding aloft a flag of Israel?

Agent provocateur manoeuvres..

The least likely source for me to ever use; but it speaks volumes that even the right wing press find these morons detestable..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1211414/Anti-fascists-clash-right-wing-protesters-Birmingham.html

Bazeye
07-Sep-09, 01:35
Agent provocateurs......, yeah youre probably right about that, its a favourite ploy of the UAF, who in my opinion, are more right wing than the EDL or the BNP.

northener
07-Sep-09, 01:41
Woodentops chucking rocks at woodentops.

Nothing new and not representative of mainstream Britain.

(edit). Point of order, it's not in this country - it's in England.

Bazeye
07-Sep-09, 01:49
Woodentops chucking rocks at woodentops.

Nothing new and not representative of mainstream Britain.

(edit). Point of order, it's not in this country - it's in England.

Point of order pt 2. It was in Birmingham, England, Im in England and I posted in England, so from where Im sat it is this country. Dont worry though , it'll be heading your way eventually if nothings done.

scotsboy
07-Sep-09, 07:30
The EDL are a joke.............as are the SDL (Yes there is a Scottish equivalent), even among the football casual movement which spawned them they are considered a joke. However "noble" the motives are, they are seen as a group out looking to aggitate and unsettle rather than resolve problems.

That said, the response of the Anti-facist league (and others) is as bad.

George Brims
07-Sep-09, 08:30
What's going on is the usual right-wing tactic of supposedly demonstrating against something while their agenda is something else.

In the 70s it was "IRA murderers" when it was really about anti-Irish and anti-Catholic bigotry. Those twits the McWhirter brothers were involved in that one. Sadly for them, the IRA responded.

This time it's supposed to be about "Islamic extremism" when it's really about dislike of Muslims, and immigrants in general.

Same old tactic - wonder where they got it? Hint: German bloke, 1930s.

PS Enoch wasn't *right*. Enoch was saying what he thought would get him political power. Enoch was saying the exact opposite of what he said in the 50s. Enoch was a slimy opportunist.

northener
07-Sep-09, 11:42
Point of order pt 2. It was in Birmingham, England, Im in England and I posted in England, so from where Im sat it is this country. Dont worry though , it'll be heading your way eventually if nothings done.

Fair comment Bazeye, I forgot you were in Barrow!

There's thugs like this no matter where you go, they've always been around and they always will be. Same vicious nobodys - different hat.

scotsboy
07-Sep-09, 11:51
Whilst it can’t be argued that the McWhirter brothers politics was right of centre, I am not sure “twits” is an objective description of them. Sure they formed the National Association for Freedom, which seemed more concerned with restricting freedom, and Ross McWhirter offered a personal reward for information leading to the capture of the Balcombe Street gang, an act that ended in him being assassinated on what basis would you class them as being “twits”?
There is no doubt that there were IRA murders in the 70s and many of them still around today (some in senior political positions…….allegedly) so the fact that a reward was put up for their apprehension is surely not an incitement to violence(?) I understand that some of the other “policies” suggested by the McWhirters (restrictions on the movement of Irish citizens into/out of and within the UK) may have been considered repugnant by many, but that is surely not justification for his murder………….or are you calling him a “twit” for having the audacity to voice an opinion?

Bazeye
07-Sep-09, 17:24
My opinions might change if ever the day comes when "moderate" muslims hold a protest march against "extremist" muslims. That would certainly confuse the UAF, they wouldnt know who to lob bricks at.

scotsboy
07-Sep-09, 19:21
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1189577/Muslim-extremists-anti-war-protest-driven-members-community.html

Alice in Blunderland
07-Sep-09, 19:38
My opinions might change if ever the day comes when "moderate" muslims hold a protest march against "extremist" muslims. That would certainly confuse the UAF, they wouldnt know who to lob bricks at.

They would lob the bricks at everyone would they not. ;)

I find that when the word muslim is mentioned lately whether extremist or moderate the big wide brush comes out and they are all caught up together.

catran
07-Sep-09, 22:56
They would lob the bricks at everyone would they not. ;)

I find that when the word muslim is mentioned lately whether extremist or moderate the big wide brush comes out and they are all caught up together.

Why should they lob the bricks at everyone. Why should they be caught up together? I do not know the politics but surely in this country there should be no need for the violence that is happening. Is it not the case any excuse???????

Bazeye
08-Sep-09, 10:19
Why should they lob the bricks at everyone. Why should they be caught up together? I do not know the politics but surely in this country there should be no need for the violence that is happening. Is it not the case any excuse???????

There should also be no need for murder,rape,child abuse etc etc but it still happens. I think the "lob the bricks at everyone" was posted tongue in cheek, or was it?