PDA

View Full Version : local schools ?

onecalledk
06-Sep-09, 22:14
HI there

just looking for a bit of info really. Am relocating to the Castletown area shortly and am looking to find out about local primary schools. Does anyone have any recommendations for the local primary schools? Bit confused by the amount of primary schools in the area!!

thanks

Tristan
06-Sep-09, 22:20
I may be wrong but I think there is only one in Castletown.

twiglet
06-Sep-09, 22:38
Just Castletown primary unless you want to drive the kid/s to either Thurso or Bower.

Kodiak
06-Sep-09, 22:40
Yup that is correct there is only one School in Castletown, on saying that it is a Very Good School. :Razz

onecalledk
07-Sep-09, 12:01
realise there is only one school in castletown but was wondering about the surrounding schools, as will be working in Thurso travelling to the school will not be a major issue.... just wanting info/comments about schools in the area .....

cheers

cuddlepop
07-Sep-09, 12:10
Sometimes its best justto let the kids go to the local primary school as that way they'll make friends with other "local" children.
Making them go to another school in another area can make them feel alinated.

I hear Casletown primary has an excellent reputation so dont think you can ask for more from your "local" school.:D

mums angels
07-Sep-09, 12:12
Think you will get many conflicting opinions on each school . My advice would be to put them to Castletown as it will be easier for them to make friends in the surrounding area and as far as i know i think the schools up here are pretty good on average .

ŠAmethyst
07-Sep-09, 13:52
My own opinion of Castletown Primary is a good one. I didn't go there, but my little brother did. At the time they realised that his reading abilities were more advanced than that of his class-mates and encouraged him. If only other schools that he went to did the same.

katarina
07-Sep-09, 14:53
I think smaller schools are better. Teachers have less pupils therefore get to know them all and have more time. I have heard all the village schools are excellent.

alanatkie
07-Sep-09, 17:35
Castletown School is good & as previous people have said it will enable your kids to mix with the village kids. There is also an after school club at the school (if you need childcare)

Cattach
07-Sep-09, 20:47
Castletown School is good & as previous people have said it will enable your kids to mix with the village kids. There is also an after school club at the school (if you need childcare)

Always choose your local school if possible - far better for the kids.