PDA

View Full Version : Wind Warning

Tugmistress
06-Sep-09, 20:07
More for the north coast, the further west you are the stronger it will be.

Tuesday afternoon will see the start of the wind building, direction from the southwest turning more westerly approaching midnight, possibly gusting to around 70mph. the worst of it will be around the midnight mark and dying off to sensible levels by 6am wednesday.

the east coast should not feel the full force due to the direction :)

joxville
06-Sep-09, 20:09
How did you know I'm having beans for dinner tomorrow? ;)

Tugmistress
06-Sep-09, 20:14
sorry jox, thought you were having curry lol

joxville
06-Sep-09, 20:36
No, curry is for dinner on Tuesday. :)

mums angels
06-Sep-09, 21:40
thanks for the warning tugs will tie everything down tommorw. :D

Stefan
07-Sep-09, 08:16
Thanks Tugs, will have to secure the trampoline and netting a bit more....

Dog
07-Sep-09, 09:40
Oh well, guess I wont be wearing my wig tomorrow night.

cuddlepop
07-Sep-09, 12:16
It pretty windy already here so I guess its "gathering its skirt"

Its early to be looking out the candles and things but then again our weathers "crackers" just now.:roll:

pat
07-Sep-09, 12:40
A big thanks - already out moving the wheelie bins and anything else that is not pinned down into the garage.
The wind is starting to rise over here in the Western Isles, will go out to move all flower containers are tucked into corners, wind has certainly got up in the past six hours.

Dog
07-Sep-09, 19:01
Hope the wind comes "Tugs" and blast these Caithness midgies away to Norway or somewhere else equally horrible, Little sods have been feasting on me tonight.

Tugmistress
07-Sep-09, 20:03
Hope the wind comes "Tugs" and blast these Caithness midgies away to Norway or somewhere else equally horrible, Little sods have been feasting on me tonight.

haha i know that feeling VERY well! they seem to like me too :(

Dog
08-Sep-09, 09:39
Hoorray for the wind this morning, and bye bye midges.

I see the ferries have cancelled for tonight too. Better go and batten down my hatch , or whatever it is that intrepid sailors do in these situations!!!

cuddlepop
08-Sep-09, 09:42
Oh cant take his lorry out today,the gusts are just too stong.
Might get home earlythough but have to do twice the work tomorrow.:(

Its "blue" bin day aswell so this is going to be fun.:lol:

Tugmistress
08-Sep-09, 10:02
you want a live map to follow the wind this is good (http://www.scottishweather.net/) -
all personal weather stations uploading to the net

Kevin Milkins
08-Sep-09, 10:21
Hanging baskets are back in the green house, thanks again tugs for the heads up.:Razz

tonkatojo
08-Sep-09, 11:43
Oh cant take his lorry out today,the gusts are just too stong.
Might get home earlythough but have to do twice the work tomorrow.:(

Its "blue" bin day aswell so this is going to be fun.:lol:

I know this has nowt to do with wind but does that wee bin lorry still go around the small roads that the large one cannot, I remember it being a transit pickup size ?? Thanks.

cuddlepop
08-Sep-09, 14:51
I know this has nowt to do with wind but does that wee bin lorry still go around the small roads that the large one cannot, I remember it being a transit pickup size ?? Thanks.

i'm not sure will ask oh went he gets in,must admit though have never seen it in depot:confused

stromaboy
08-Sep-09, 15:00
Looks like your having a night off.:)

Tugmistress
08-Sep-09, 15:06
Looks like your having a night off.:)

certainly am :)
until i go to meet OH and unload trailer :eek:

cuddlepop
08-Sep-09, 15:10
We've got that cruise liner anchored just outside the bay.They were meant to go to Stornoway but had to divert to a safe harbour.
Its far to windy though for them to come ashore.

Rather hope it stays windy as over 80 people on board have that nora virus.:(

ŠAmethyst
08-Sep-09, 17:11
We've got that cruise liner anchored just outside the bay.They were meant to go to Stornoway but had to divert to a safe harbour.
Its far to windy though for them to come ashore.

Rather hope it stays windy as over 80 people on board have that nora virus.:(

I thought they were to remain in quarantine anyway? At least that's what the folk in Invergordon are saying.

My goodness, the wind is causing mayhem here. Had to get a taxi home from the hospital... glad I didn't get the bus as the car was being blown around enough!

unicorn
08-Sep-09, 18:01
hids coorse oot ayr :eek:

pat
08-Sep-09, 18:53
Thanks Cuddlepop
Wondered where the ship went - lost it on AIS! - did not look very hard, noticed she had been tucked in at the Shiants but was out for some time so did not keep track of the Belfast bound ship.

Did see the pilot boat going out from Stornoway harbour and wondered what she was going out to in this weather - glad the folk did not manage to get in here. Could hardly walk when took the dogs out - was walking on air, feet not touching the ground at all on the way out.

Do not know if it is calming down or is this the centre of the storm, wind definitely not as bad as it was earlier, not so much spindrift either.

Tugmistress
08-Sep-09, 18:57
Pat,
that should be it for the western isles, and i 'think' that's the worst of it for us too here - the centre of the low seems to have made a steeper track north than the charts were suggesting as my barometer is rising quite fast and has been for a couple of hours now.
i think here we'll still get one or two rogue gusts but nothing drastic now as the direction has also started to swing to the west.

ShelleyCowie
08-Sep-09, 20:39
Its still mega windy! My wheelie bin was away down the road today! :eek:

Is it going to be calmer tomorrow tuggs cos i gotta take the wee man out to the dentist. My pram is mental hard to control without wind!!

Tugmistress
08-Sep-09, 20:56
Its still mega windy! My wheelie bin was away down the road today! :eek:

Is it going to be calmer tomorrow tuggs cos i gotta take the wee man out to the dentist. My pram is mental hard to control without wind!!

haha yes it's going to be calmer tomorrow :) it is subsiding now, the wind hasn't gone over 50mph for over three hours now :D

ShelleyCowie
08-Sep-09, 21:07
haha yes it's going to be calmer tomorrow :) it is subsiding now, the wind hasn't gone over 50mph for over three hours now :D

Aw thank u very much!!!:Razz