PDA

View Full Version : Spice Tandorri, Wick

bored2bitz
06-Sep-09, 19:46
If you like Indian cuisine I would really like to recommend the Spice Tandorri Indian Restaurant, formerly Carters in Wick. It is really good.
Lunchtime they do a great 3 course meal deal for £5.95.
I have been there many many times now and I can't ever say that I have had a bad meal, of late they have reduced the size of the dishes a bit but you still come away feeling full and satisfied and at the end of the day what can you expect for the price.
The dishes are delicious and full of flavour and that is the most important thing.
The place is beautifully decorated and very clean.
The staff are nice and polite, one or two of them could smile a bit but the majority of them are very friendly.:grin:
In my opinion a great eating experience.

lybsterlad
06-Sep-09, 21:10
If you like Indian cuisine I would really like to recommend the Spice Tandorri Indian Restaurant, formerly Carters in Wick. It is really good.
Lunchtime they do a great 3 course meal deal for £5.95.
I have been there many many times now and I can't ever say that I have had a bad meal, of late they have reduced the size of the dishes a bit but you still come away feeling full and satisfied and at the end of the day what can you expect for the price.
The dishes are delicious and full of flavour and that is the most important thing.
The place is beautifully decorated and very clean.
The staff are nice and polite, one or two of them could smile a bit but the majority of them are very friendly.:grin:
In my opinion a great eating experience.
I have had couple of curries from Spice Tandorri both times felt they were pretty poor, first time thought id give them benefit of doubt being as they were new, but 2nd time was as bad, not a patch on Balti house curries would recommend Balti House curries for take away really good curry have had numerous take away curries and never had a bad one yet

scottish_willow
06-Sep-09, 22:54
Must say I have been to Tandoori Spice a few times now and never had bad meal. If you haven't been yet you won't be disappointed :grin: certainly the best curry house in Wick.

DarkAngel
09-Sep-09, 16:13
Also Had A Meal From The Spice Tandori Wasnt Great..
The Currys Wer Over-powerded By Herbs n Stuff.. :(
Chicken Pakoras n Onion Bahjis Were Amazin :)

jellybean
10-Sep-09, 11:39
I have been to the Spice Tandori 2 or 3 times and what i have found is they overcharge all the time. they charged me £4 per bottle of beer and when i went the next time it was only £2 on the menu. They added extra items onto the bill as well. Very very good food but calculate the cost as you are ordering before they take away your menus. I have heard of alot of large groups going there and the same happening to them as well.

twinkle
10-Sep-09, 16:06
I had a take away from there on Tuesday night it was the set meal for 2 and have to say it was lovely. I have eaten there many times and all have been excellent.:Razz

dragonfly
12-Sep-09, 20:45
we popped in while shopping in Wick today and it was as good as everyone had said.

had mixed kebabs between us as a starter and OH had Balti Chicken Tikka and I had Chicken Methi, both beautifully flavoured and very enjoyable

While Indian Palace in Thurso is closed I can see us combining shopping with a meal at Spice Tandoori once a month.

Staff were very pleasant too

superceltic
13-Sep-09, 22:21
i went for a meal when it first opened and was very disapointed, every 2 minutes the staff were interupting ur meal to ask if it was better than the balti house or K2 (which at the time were open), the pashwari nan bread exploded with pink powder and the chicken pakoras were like eating sawdust.

U cant beat the balti house for a top class curry