PDA

View Full Version : The C Word

redeyedtreefrog
06-Sep-09, 18:54
How excited are you about Christmas right now?

I cant wait, I watched Santa Claus the Movie last night :D

joxville
06-Sep-09, 19:05
I thought this was going to be about Crayola...I would be excited then. :D

As for Crimbo, not bothering about it just now.

northener
06-Sep-09, 19:06
You haven't got an option that states: "I want to beat anyone who puts up a Poll about Chrissmus, in September, to death with a frozen Elf".

So I can't vote.

©Amethyst
06-Sep-09, 19:08
It's too early to be excited about Christmas for me. So much to do before then.

Although I do hate the Christmas period when it comes to my job, it gets so stressful when people argue over whose turn it is to get Christmas off work... even when they aren't actually entitled to it.

Kodiak
06-Sep-09, 19:55
I thought that this thread was going to be about "Creamola" and that it was a Petition to bring back "Creamola Foam"

So I say "Bring Back Creamola Foam" it was the best drink I had when I was a Lad.

Creamola Foam the True "Scotlands other National Drink" !!!!

shazzy
06-Sep-09, 20:18
served someone today doing there crimbo shopping,loads of charged up gift cards,job done. I think that its really impersonal or is it easier nowadays given the choice of things to buy,at least the recipient can get what they want?:confused

Tugmistress
06-Sep-09, 20:21
Too flaming early!

WickWitch
06-Sep-09, 20:21
If I woke up to Brad Pitt in my stocking I'd be very happy.....surprised that he wore stockings at all...but very happy ;)

chef4celebrations
06-Sep-09, 20:32
I thought that this thread was going to be about "Creamola" and that it was a Petition to bring back "Creamola Foam"

So I say "Bring Back Creamola Foam" it was the best drink I had when I was a Lad.

Creamola Foam the True "Scotlands other National Drink" !!!!

hi kodiak
the only known tin of creamola foam is in the bank of scotlands safe in kirkwall, the recipie was accidentially distroyed in a fire years ago and the company is in discussion with the owner of the last known tin, so they can buy it and send it to a lab so they can reproduce it again, but dont hold your breath as i know the owner and he is holding out for a better deal.......

George Brims
06-Sep-09, 21:07
Help ma Bob! I thought maybe someone was campaigning to have a certain obscenity allowed on the org. Excuse me while I go and wash my mind out with soap.

changilass
06-Sep-09, 21:27
George can you wash my mind out whilst you are at it please, that was my first thought too.

I cant put what my initial thought was when I realised the real subject matter (I would be banned for life and a bitty longer), but I will say I agree with Northener.

Vistravi
06-Sep-09, 21:44
Way too early for thinking about that. Start thinking in mid november about it!! ;)

Kevin Milkins
06-Sep-09, 21:58
I know I will get shot down for saying this, but I hate Christmas with a vengance. It seems like a time of year when everyone goes mad on the spends and then regrets it untill July, also expectations overtake common sense.

If we are going to start talking about Christmas now can someone wake me about the 15th January, baa humbug.:(

grumpy1
06-Sep-09, 22:02
in this day and age i dont think its ever too early to think about it.....u gotta grab those bargains when u find them.....we got the first of our xmas sweeties in the shop the other day.....:confused

teddybear1873
06-Sep-09, 22:06
I've already seen xmas decorations in the shops. I can't even think xmas yet, after Halloween, then I will.

Vistravi
06-Sep-09, 22:30
in this day and age i dont think its ever too early to think about it.....u gotta grab those bargains when u find them.....we got the first of our xmas sweeties in the shop the other day.....:confused

Aye very true. I've been looking but choosing not to buy atm. i do al my shopping online so will properly start next month as i will have to post almost all of it this year;)

Bobinovich
06-Sep-09, 23:23
Have already bought some stocking fillers - got to spread the finances and grab the offers when they're on. Not going too mad and certainly not getting myself into debt over it.

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 23:25
Have already bought some stocking fillers - got to spread the finances and grab the offers when they're on. Not going too mad and certainly not getting myself into debt over it.

You remembering Alices pressie Bob :)

With the mention of stocking fillers hows your green tights doing :Razz

Bobinovich
06-Sep-09, 23:31
You remembering Alices pressie Bob

With the mention of stocking fillers hows your green tights doing

I'm sure Alice will get all that is coming to her :Razz

The tights unfortunately were ripped (I cannot reveal the circumstances - I'd have to issue myself an infraction!) - do you have another pair? [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 23:35
I'm sure Alice will get all that is coming to her :Razz

The tights unfortunately were ripped (I cannot reveal the circumstances - I'd have to issue myself an infraction!) - do you have another pair?

Oh go on spill I wont report the post. ;)

Im sure Ive a pair of fishnet tights spare if you can use them. I only wear trousers to posh events now since the tragedy of the night in Edinburgh. :eek:

joxville
06-Sep-09, 23:37
I only wear trousers to posh events now since the tragedy of the night in Edinburgh. :eek:

Does that mean the rest of the time you erm.....er......[smirk]

Thumper
07-Sep-09, 08:32
I hate christmas,only bother with it for the kids sake but its the most stressful horrible time of year and I cant wait until my kids are old enough for us to just sod off somewhere and come back when its over-sad thing to admit i know but I have had more than my fair share of xmas disasters :eek: x

Alice in Blunderland
07-Sep-09, 08:43
Does that mean the rest of the time you erm.....er......[smirk]

erm ...... er ....... that would be telling. ;)

riggerboy
07-Sep-09, 08:46
christmas should be cancelled, i couln`t care less about it,
a load of old twoddlers if you ask me,
half baked pagen yule log good tide waffle, who in their right mind would go out, chop down a tree drag it into the house cover it in silver snot then worship it ??????????? you have to be completely bonkers to do it,

if you want to celebrate the life and time of our lord jesus then please do it in private,
does you kid really need £1000s of pounds to be spent on him/her to celebrate the faith that has been thrust apon us,

when you sit there stuffing your faces with over cooked turkey and all the trimmings telling yourelf " i have worked hard for this" , ask youself does the poorer folks of our country have any less faith, the tramp that has cardboard boxes to sleep in he still wishes the others a very merry christmas, and he has nothing but faith, no turkey no trimmings no log fire no warmth from fellow humans, just a closed door and a disgusted look on the faces of people who dare to judge him,

enjoy your christmas when it comes,

mums angels
07-Sep-09, 12:28
Its too early to be excited about christmas but never too early to be organised i have sorted two out of four kids presents already thanks to the sales . i won't get excited about it until i have got four birthdays out of the way and see if hubby has christmas at home or not so ask again at the end of novermer :lol:.

achingale
07-Sep-09, 15:32
Way too early to be excited but when it gets nearer the time, there is no stopping me! I love Christmas but I prefer it to start being hyped up nearer the end of November, not the beginning of September.;)

trix
07-Sep-09, 15:41

do ye still hev yer own teeth kodiak :lol:

christmas?? :eek:

iv choost got 'e keys til ma new hoose aday...christmas is 'e last thing on ma mind ifanow...however, i wonder how he feels aboot goin til ma folks for crimbo denner :confused

now ye hev got me started...one thing at a time please!!!

Cattach
07-Sep-09, 15:54
How excited are you about Christmas right now?

I cant wait, I watched Santa Claus the Movie last night :D

Sad, just sad. Excited about Christmas in September and Santa Claus the Movie. Oh Dear, I think you are past help!

bettedaviseyes
07-Sep-09, 16:08
cant wait for xmaz not looking forward to new year tho:~(

Invisible
07-Sep-09, 16:47
no one else has said it, only 15 and a bit weeks to go! :lol::roll:

ShelleyCowie
07-Sep-09, 16:53
I love Christmas! Me and my OH never get ourselves into money troubles over it though! We are starting to buy stuff already. Just getting things each week

Athrun will be 1 year and 2 months by then, last year he was still too ickle so its really exciting for me! Or him should i say...:confused

I love decorating, knowing that on christmas day i get to see everybodys face when they see santa has come, sitting down for a family meal and arguing who gets the last bit of pudding! :D

Bring it on cos i really cant wait for it! Iv been counting down since july to be honest! ;)

honey
07-Sep-09, 18:51
i have the birth of my 3rd son to look forward to in November, so its too early to think about christmas, but i am looking forward to santa visiting 3 boys this year!!!

jings00
08-Sep-09, 08:57
You haven't got an option that states: "I want to beat anyone who puts up a Poll about Chrissmus, in September, to death with a frozen Elf".

i'll go with this. doesn't have to be a frozen elf tho.

cuddlepop
08-Sep-09, 09:25
No its far to early .
Dont even want to think about christmas till the middle of december.:roll:

northener
08-Sep-09, 09:27
i'll go with this. doesn't have to be a frozen elf tho.

You'll get a more satisying 'thwack' with a frozen Elf, limp ones don't have the same impact.

And you can cook them from frozen, too.

©Amethyst
08-Sep-09, 10:36
You'll get a more satisying 'thwack' with a frozen Elf, limp ones don't have the same impact.

Fantastic! I'm never going to defrost another Elf!!

Kevin Milkins
08-Sep-09, 11:17

Since the international dwarf throwing competition at Canvey Island has been banned I am surprised the PC brigade has not jumped on this one with shouts of “ELFISM”.:lol:

littledog
08-Sep-09, 13:05
I would have to say that i love xmas very much and as i have quite a few kids and one on the way i have always got an excuse to get exited but each to there own:lol:

jings00
08-Sep-09, 14:49

defrosted, this is an ideal way of tenderising them though. Would the force of the thwack not be a wee bit more with a defrosted one? somethin to do with momentum or somethin .......

northener
08-Sep-09, 16:18
defrosted, this is an ideal way of tenderising them though. Would the force of the thwack not be a wee bit more with a defrosted one? somethin to do with momentum or somethin .......

Hmmm...this need a hands-on science approach.

There's only a finite number of Elves available, so we'll need to round up all the shortarses on the .Org for the experiments.

We'll freeze half of them in Jockys' new slaughterhouse and just stun the rest.

Right, anyone under 6' 1" report to me......

©Amethyst
08-Sep-09, 17:08
Right, anyone under 6' 1" report to me......

*runs away*

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-scared-smileys-366.gif

Dadie
08-Sep-09, 20:11
Excited and dreading it in equal measure!
Im due my 3rd baby on the 5th Jan but went early with the other 2!
Last year we had chicken pox and the year before the sickness bug so Christmas may be jinxed in our house.... Lauren will NOT be impressed if Mummy is in hospital on Christmas day getting her a new brother or sister!
I wont be impressed waddling around the kitchen doing dinner though if still waiting and Hubby is not to hot at buying and wrapping pressies though he will have to this year.

Lucy
08-Sep-09, 20:39
As i no longer have kids in the house Christmas is pretty boring. i think i'll borrow some kids, but just for a few hours on christmas morning then they will be sent back.:lol:

i was in Tesco tonight about 5.30 and noticed that staff were beginning to put out christmas chocolates on sale and i haven't even been on my summer hols yet.:(