PDA

View Full Version : Dream house - too expensive :(

Leanne
06-Sep-09, 16:53
Anyone care to come in and help buy this! There are 17 bedrooms :)

So beautiful!

http://search.knightfrank.com/edn080052

joxville
06-Sep-09, 17:05
I think I could probably help fund part of it, is £30 enough? :)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
06-Sep-09, 17:06
you thinking of a commune for those with excessive equestrian habits Leanne???

teddybear1873
06-Sep-09, 17:07
I think I could probably help fund part of it, is £30 enough? :)

Well thats one flag pole bought.

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 17:10
Nah Its a bit on the old side and may need some renovations in the future................Ill pass. :Razz

I think I prefer my house its coastal has gardens and enough room for all the family.:D

redeyedtreefrog
06-Sep-09, 17:12
Imagine all the Orgers buying a massive house and living together :eek:

I envision quizzes in the bar every Sunday and the occasional anti-windfarm protest in the garden...

joxville
06-Sep-09, 17:13
Nah Its a bit on the old side and may need some renovations in the future................Ill pass. :Razz

I think I prefer my house its coastal has gardens and enough room for all the family.:D

Have you room for a lodger? ;)

joxville
06-Sep-09, 17:14
Imagine all the Orgers buying a massive house and living together :eek:

I envision quizzes in the bar every Sunday and the occasional anti-windfarm protest in the garden...

We'd be one big happy family. :roll: [lol]

BillyEspie
06-Sep-09, 17:17
i'd love to help you buy it or even better when you do get it give me a shout and i'll come work for you cause i was offered a job there before but cause i'd judt found another job at the time i couldn't accept it...

Leanne
06-Sep-09, 17:27
Nah Its a bit on the old side and may need some renovations in the future................Ill pass.

Says its been extensively renovated - you need a better excuse than that ;)

you thinking of a commune for those with excessive equestrian habits Leanne???

30 acres :) :)

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 17:34
Have you room for a lodger?

Jox for you .....................always. :cool:

Says its been extensively renovated - you need a better excuse than that

Ah but these old draughty houses the sayng is you are constantly renovating them. ;)

30 acres

Oh my lord you would need to buy some sheep or have a very good ride on mower.:Razz

Margaret M.
06-Sep-09, 17:43
Says its been extensively renovated

It has been -- all the rooms are really lovely. If 17 people each buy a bedroom that would be 294,117.64 each and then they would have access to all the common rooms, the opera house, the treehouse and the beautiful gardens, that's a bargain. 17 people to share all the maintenance and related costs, I'd love it.

©Amethyst
06-Sep-09, 17:48
It has been -- all the rooms are really lovely. If 17 people each buy a bedroom that would be 294,117.64 each and then they would have access to all the common rooms, the opera house, the treehouse and the beautiful gardens, that's a bargain. 17 people to share all the maintenance and related costs, I'd love it.

And for the land... we could buy a few sheep each :) lol

joxville
06-Sep-09, 18:05
And for the land... we could buy a few sheep each :) lol

At that price we couldn't afford sheep, we'd need to go out and munch on the grass ourselves. :eek: :)

©Amethyst
06-Sep-09, 18:18
At that price we couldn't afford sheep, we'd need to go out and munch on the grass ourselves. :eek: :)

That's ok, I know some great health kick recipes - could spend some time in the kitchen making up some grass-shakes!

Kodiak
06-Sep-09, 18:20
Nah, It's just to small for my requirements. I need something a Lot bigger and Grander that that.

George Brims
06-Sep-09, 18:28
Don't be silly. Fall back on Caithness tradition, and steal some sheep!

BillyEspie
06-Sep-09, 18:33
if i honestly had the money i'd fork out for the property as i was offered employment there a while back but cause i found another job i couldnt take the job but it'd be so nice to own it

Margaret M.
06-Sep-09, 18:36
Don't be silly. Fall back on Caithness tradition, and steal some sheep!

Perfect, and we'll oil up the cannon and get it in good running order in case an angry farmer comes looking for his sheep.

Serenity
06-Sep-09, 18:42
Yes, it is very nice inside. Didn't know the owner was planning on moving. Or indeed that he had that much money :o

Margaret M.
06-Sep-09, 18:50
Yes, it is very nice inside. Didn't know the owner was planning on moving. Or indeed that he had that much money :o

The asking price is not an indication of their wealth. There could be outstanding mortgages, loans, etc., on the property.

joxville
06-Sep-09, 19:10
Hopefully a local will buy it and keep out riff-raff like Philip Schofield. [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 19:27

Wheres the fun in that ..............can we not smoke grass. ;)

©Amethyst
06-Sep-09, 19:28
Maybe if said riff-raff bought it, the grass might become that of the smokable variety... no? oh ok then...

Leanne
06-Sep-09, 20:06
My foalie would have a good go at keeping the grass down :) It really is a beautiful building. It would be a shame for it to fall into ruin like so many places like this. Maybe the national trust will get involved and we could get jobs as tour guides. I'd be happy to sleep in that tree house!!!

joxville
06-Sep-09, 20:08
When I win the Euromillions I'll buy it and turn it into a multi-level kart track. Plus there will be no complaints from neighbours about the noise level. :)

©Amethyst
06-Sep-09, 20:17
When I win the Euromillions I'll buy it and turn it into a multi-level kart track. Plus there will be no complaints from neighbours about the noise level. :)

If I were to buy it, I would have the big .org happy family option over a kart track!

And on a Friday night we'll hang Pinjata's! Jox will be our first!

joxville
06-Sep-09, 20:24
If I were to buy it, I would have the big .org happy family option over a kart track!

And on a Friday night we'll hang Pinjata's! Jox will be our first!

Oo er missus........:eek: What is a Pinjata?

©Amethyst
06-Sep-09, 20:26
Oo er missus........:eek: What is a Pinjata?

Ok, I spelt it wrong :p

http://www.chrisrue.com/funcave/graphics/swingbatterbatter.jpg

Leanne
06-Sep-09, 20:28
Just been watching come dine with me and I think a .org come dine with me would be sooooo cool! And with surrounding like this it would be perfect :)

Can we do cocktails too?

©Amethyst
06-Sep-09, 20:29
Just been watching come dine with me and I think a .org come dine with me would be sooooo cool! And with surrounding like this it would be perfect :)

Can we do cocktails too?

A big dinner party every night... and have the men cooking! Alice, bring the Doc!

joxville
06-Sep-09, 20:29
Ok, I spelt it wrong :p

http://www.chrisrue.com/funcave/graphics/swingbatterbatter.jpg

I'm still none the wiser, whether spelling is right or wrong. :eek:

©Amethyst
06-Sep-09, 20:30
I'm still none the wiser, whether spelling is right or wrong. :eek:

Try this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi%C3%B1ata

George Brims
06-Sep-09, 20:32
The pinata is the source of endless numbers of great clips for "America's Funniest Home Videos". Put "pinata" into the search string on YouTube and see what turns up.

joxville
06-Sep-09, 20:34
Try this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi%C3%B1ata

Does that mean you want to stuff me with fruit, hang me from the ceiling then beat me open with sticks? :eek:

Sounds like something that some people pay good money for in Soho. [lol]

©Amethyst
06-Sep-09, 21:00
Does that mean you want to stuff me with fruit, hang me from the ceiling then beat me open with sticks? :eek:

well the last bit lol :p

Sounds like something that some people pay good money for in Soho. [lol]

Only we won't pay!

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 21:09
A big dinner party every night... and have the men cooking! Alice, bring the Doc!

Oh goodness no I had to take over and cook. :D

Anyway the DOC might be off doing some private work to keep me in the comfort I've become accustomed too. :Razz ( only kidding )

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 21:10

[lol]

Bags I first shotty, please, please, Ill pay no probs [lol]

Bazeye
07-Sep-09, 02:01
Maybe if said riff-raff bought it, the grass might become that of the smokable variety... no? oh ok then...

So youre insinuating, only riff raff smoke weed eh. I resemble that remark.

©Amethyst
07-Sep-09, 09:52
So youre insinuating, only riff raff smoke weed eh. I resemble that remark.

In my experience it seems to be, although it isn't a rule. I know someone in a professional job who is incredibly intelligent - when he's not stoned lol

ShelleyCowie
07-Sep-09, 11:05
Oh thats a mental price! Wouldnt mind the likes of Hugh Laurie buying it...he is so dreamy and hunky! Yum! :Razz Age doesnt matter to me! [lol]

wee sparkle
07-Sep-09, 12:28
At that price we couldn't afford sheep, we'd need to go out and munch on the grass ourselves. :eek:

I bags not munching the grass! Cant be pleasant, Haha, We'd need a TRACTOR! to cut the grass, how much fun would that be!

Wheres the fun in that ..............can we not smoke grass. ;)

Or we could smoke it! But its awefully close to the water for that kind of shinannagans :lol: