PDA

View Full Version : Why,why,why?

Kenn
06-Sep-09, 16:19
There are times when I despair of some of the posters here and wonder if they have nothing better to do than pick holes in threads,make comments that bear no relationship,and often turn it into a personal aguement.
A witty retort never goes amiss along with a clever one liner and a well thought out repost is most welcome.
We get whole threads devoted to those who have chosen to leave the forem bemoaning their loss, well is it any wonder?
Whilst I appreciate that this is a public forem,I just wish that some people would remember that and THINK!

gleeber
06-Sep-09, 16:22
Grumpy moment there Lizz.
I'm oota here.:eek:

teddybear1873
06-Sep-09, 16:24
There are times when I despair of some of the posters here and wonder if they have nothing better to do than pick holes in threads,make comments that bear no relationship,and often turn it into a personal aguement.
A witty retort never goes amiss along with a clever one liner and a well thought out repost is most welcome.
We get whole threads devoted to those who have chosen to leave the forem bemoaning their loss, well is it any wonder?
Whilst I appreciate that this is a public forem,I just wish that some people would remember that and THINK!

Totally agree. Being going on for far too long. But you have to remember that certain Caithness folk are stirrers and have nothing better else to do with there time.

Kodiak
06-Sep-09, 16:26
http://i27.tinypic.com/2ebes04.gif

Leanne
06-Sep-09, 16:35
Yeah they got me too :(

ŠAmethyst
06-Sep-09, 16:55
I'm sure you also remember the days of good discussion and many laughs, Lizz. I miss them, and you've pretty much described the reason why I don't post so much on the forum as much as I once did. I often wonder what happened to the sharing of opinions rather than what is often seen, the 'my opinion is better than your opinion'... :(

Leanne
06-Sep-09, 16:59
Edit - removed as I'm not getting into this one. I consider myself a nice person and don't want to get dragged down to a level I see as crass :(

bhoy1973
06-Sep-09, 17:17
Why why why? Just because.

Margaret M.
06-Sep-09, 18:03
No offense, Lizz, but these threads do little good unless specifics are stated. I read posts like this and I do not have a clear idea of who the guilty are -- could be me, I don't think so but who knows?

teddybear1873
06-Sep-09, 18:05
No offense, Lizz, but these threads do little good unless specifics are stated. I read posts like this and I do not have a clear idea of who the guilty are -- could be me, I don't think so but who knows?

I would probebly think Lizz is going on about the post below this one. If you look at the main forum page.

ŠAmethyst
06-Sep-09, 18:06

It's not you, but even without naming names most will probably know who the 'forum trolls' are.

Mister Squiggle
06-Sep-09, 18:06
I agree Lizz, some folk seem way too keen to stab holes in posts. The deer/dog one is a case in point. I thought it was perfectly reasonable to post a note about the situation here, as so many people use the Org daily and (a) the owner of the dog might read it and (b) its a warning to other people in the area with animals to be on the lookout. But, low and behold, out come the finger waggers and the cynics and sceptics ... It puts you off using the Org. It used to be (borrowed from the Dave Channel) "the home of witty banter", but now it seems to be the home of sledging and sneering. :~(

ŠAmethyst
06-Sep-09, 18:15
Mr Squiggle - methinks a lot of people tend to misread posts. I think I can see both points of view on the doggie thread... although I couldn't until I realised that I had also misread a post! Once I re-read it, I could see both sides of it. One that people will have to protect their animals and the other, that people were (and I could still be wrong here) concerned about a dog perhaps being shot if the dog is perhaps ill or something's triggered such behaviour.

If only there were more people on the forums that would re-read posts, perhaps?

Andy
06-Sep-09, 18:19
I tell my kids if you can't say something nice then say nothing

ŠAmethyst
06-Sep-09, 18:20
*plants hands firmly on keyboard*

Bring back witty banter!!!

Mister Squiggle
06-Sep-09, 18:25
I think you are right, Amethyst - its so easy to fire off a reply before stopping and pondering and double-checking what's going on. I have been guilty in the past! ;) I think its the quick fire response that causes so many issues and inflames reasoned debate.
Who was it that said a letter of complaint should be written in haste but never posted? (I think it was a US president??)

Leanne
06-Sep-09, 22:21
Who was it that said a letter of complaint should be written in haste but never posted? (I think it was a US president??)

Oscar Wilde? Not an American president but he came out with many many good quotes!

Kevin Milkins
06-Sep-09, 22:28
Have I missed something, AGAIN.:confused

Phill
06-Sep-09, 22:31
Delilah!!!

Kevin Milkins
06-Sep-09, 22:43
Delilah!!!

And so,:mad:,,,,,,,,,,,,,:~( before,,I come to break down that door, :eek: sorry I didn't mean to upset anyone.

Bazeye
07-Sep-09, 01:56
Some posts come across differently in print rather than the spoken word especially if you dont know the poster . I know Ive posted some things and when Ive read them later Im thinking....mmmmmm Someone could take that the wrong way or they could get the wrong end of the stick or whatever.:eek: