PDA

View Full Version : Men lose their minds speaking to pretty women ?

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 08:58
Talking to an attractive woman really can make a man lose his mind, according to a new study. :Razz

Researchers who carried out the study, published in the Journal of Experimental and Social Psychology, think the reason may be that men use up so much of their brain function or 'cognitive resources' trying to impress beautiful women, they have little left for other tasks.

Women, however, were not affected by chatting to a handsome man. ;)

Any of you men sorry boys care to comment on this one.

What a waste of money to find out something us girls already knew. :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/6132718/Men-lose-their-minds-speaking-to-pretty-women.html

riggerboy
06-Sep-09, 09:10
its not so much men lose their minds its more we are looking for a way in to see your innner beauty to see if it is as pleasing to the eye, and if a low cut top is worn then it makes it hard to keep our eyes at the correct level, which in turn makes it very difficult to find the way in to see your inner beauty, kinda a catch 22, this then makes us all a quiver,

as sir paul macartny said

as we lay apon the grassy knoll my hand was all a quiver
i undid her suspender belt and her leg fell in the river,

you must remember that from a very early age us men have had you women stuff your breasties in our mouths and now we are over a certain age you tell us to take a hike if you catch us looking for lunch lol

women on the other hand have no such problems, because as normal all work is carried out by us the alpha male,

im behind you
06-Sep-09, 10:27
Talking to an attractive woman really can make a man lose his mind, according to a new study. :Razz

Researchers who carried out the study, published in the Journal of Experimental and Social Psychology, think the reason may be that men use up so much of their brain function or 'cognitive resources' trying to impress beautiful women, they have little left for other tasks.

Women, however, were not affected by chatting to a handsome man. ;)

Any of you men sorry boys care to comment on this one.

What a waste of money to find out something us girls already knew. :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/6132718/Men-lose-their-minds-speaking-to-pretty-women.html
could well be true i mind when i was talking to an attractive woman i ended up asking her to marry me and 10 yers on and look back at it maybe i was out my mind.

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 10:54
its not so much men lose their minds its more we are looking for a way in to see your innner beauty to see if it is as pleasing to the eye, and if a low cut top is worn then it makes it hard to keep our eyes at the correct level, which in turn makes it very difficult to find the way in to see your inner beauty, kinda a catch 22, this then makes us all a quiver,

Thinking quickly on yer feet/bum there riggerboy........................... erm not a good enough one tho.

Try using that as an excuse when caught looking at some ones cleavage. :eek:

gleeber
06-Sep-09, 11:08
How would the same mens memory perform if they had just watched an exciting sports match or some other male activity that may blur their senses. :eek:
All this report is saying is that there are things happening below the surface in everyday life that seriously effects the way we think. Multiply that by 6 billion souls and it's little wonder the worlds in the state it's in.
Surely you canna blame it all on mans confusion Alice? :lol:

BillyEspie
06-Sep-09, 11:10
to be honest there is no such tihng as beautiful people really what i would look for is that a woman has a really nice pesonality as looks are not really important...

joxville
06-Sep-09, 11:31
I've always been in full possession of my faculties. ;)

tonkatojo
06-Sep-09, 11:43
I've always been in full possession of my faculties. ;)

You still a single bloke jox ?. ;)

tonkatojo
06-Sep-09, 11:52
could well be true i mind when i was talking to an attractive woman i ended up asking her to marry me and 10 yers on and look back at it maybe i was out my mind.

Nahh, it's an age related thing, if you look at how it started we blokes spent the first 9 months of life getting out, the next 13 or so maturing then the remaining years looking for ways to get back in, finally succumbing to the wiles of the female, then finding out to our cost in later years our folly. ;)

Phill
06-Sep-09, 12:12
Yeah, so we talk to cleavage. Get over it.

:lol:

Kodiak
06-Sep-09, 12:14
to be honest there is no such tihng as beautiful people really what i would look for is that a woman has a really nice pesonality as looks are not really important...

I do not agree with this at all.

All Ladies and I do mean ALL. are Beautiful. In my Life I have met and Talked to many Thousands of Ladies and everyone was a Beautiful Person.

I have never had a problem in Talking to a Beutiful Lady. Mind you from the age of fifteen to 20 I worked in an Environment where everyone, including the Customers, were all Female, Ladies Hairdressing, so I had an advantage.

Mystical Potato Head
06-Sep-09, 12:22
In a recent survey entitled "Let your puppies get you that job" published by Boobs'r'Us.com
a staggerring 95% of women interviewed would flash excessive cleavage to further their chances of employement.
Trouble was that most men(or should that be boys Alice?) doing the interviews could only concentrate on asking the questions and missed the window dressing because of there inability to do two things at the same time, any women(or should that be girls Alice?) on the interview panel saw the puppies as a threat being that their analaysis is always more astute than the drooling boys who have stopped asking questions and have just noticed the puppies).......................................... .................................................. .........
.................................................. .................................................. ...............
oops,sorry for that,just had a sip of coffee and couldn't type at the same time,further proof of our inability to multi task.

Now where was i. ;)

About as serious a reply as the original post deserved.

kmahon2001
06-Sep-09, 12:30
I do not agree with this at all.

All Ladies and I do mean ALL. are Beautiful.......

Does that include Myra Hindley and Rose West etc? Or are you going to qualify your statement by saying that not all women are ladies? ;)

joxville
06-Sep-09, 12:30
You still a single bloke jox ?. ;)

Divorced actually. There's no-one that's attractive enough to live up to my standards. ;)

tonkatojo
06-Sep-09, 12:33
Divorced actually. There's no-one that's attractive enough to live up to my standards. ;)

But you must have fallen for their wiles in the first place. ;)

joxville
06-Sep-09, 12:57
But you must have fallen for their wiles in the first place. ;)

Beer goggles mate. I had the beer goggles on that night. :eek:

However there is an attractive woman that has caught my eye-unfortunately she's married to a doctor. ;)

northener
06-Sep-09, 13:33

....uh?:eek: Sorry, what did you say?

Venture
06-Sep-09, 13:51
Beer goggles mate. I had the beer goggles on that night. :eek:

However there is an attractive woman that has caught my eye-unfortunately she's married to a doctor. ;)

Now I wonder who that can be...and here's me thinking you were besotted with Katie. ;)

joxville
06-Sep-09, 13:55
Now I wonder who that can be...and here's me thinking you were besotted with Katie. ;)

I am...unfortunately Katie is on too high a pedestal for me too reach her. I've had to lower my standards slightly try get someone more attainable. [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 14:08
I am...unfortunately Katie is on too high a pedestal for me too reach her. I've had to lower my standards slightly try get someone more attainable. [lol]

Ahhh dear Jox .......... :Razz

.................... Thats what I like in men they seem to get their expectations and realisations of what is achievable somewhat confused at times. [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 14:10
Beer goggles mate. I had the beer goggles on that night.

Good rep for this comment Jox............................ :Razz

oo and bad rep for the second one. [lol]

joxville
06-Sep-09, 14:13
good rep for this comment jox............................ :razz

oo and bad rep for the second one. [lol]

.......................:)

.......................:(

Alice in Blunderland
06-Sep-09, 14:40
Ooops cant give you any rep as it seems I've got to spread it around a little first.................. I.O.U.:Razz