PDA

View Full Version : Petrol Price

kwbrown111
02-Apr-06, 11:19
Notice the petrol has gone up again by 3p a litre in Thurso.

concerned resident
02-Apr-06, 16:57
The Garages have probably seen the planning for ASDA in the paper, and know that Tesco will not be far behind, and have decided to put the price up, and rip off the locals, as time is running out, as they may not be able to control the competition in the near future.

krieve
02-Apr-06, 17:27
This was the price last week at the elm tree in wick.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f318/krieves/shell1.jpg

canuck
02-Apr-06, 18:43
Notice the petrol has gone up again by 3p a litre in Thurso.

I think that there must be some issue in the oil supply industry. Our price in Southern Ontario has gone up slowly this week. Today it is 14 cents a litre more than it was last week.

Squares
02-Apr-06, 19:02
Petrol in Asda Elgin was 89.9p per litre, last week.
Bring it on!!!!!!!!!

Whitewater
02-Apr-06, 19:29
Just paid 98.9p/litre for diesel is Dunnets in Wick, got such a shock it made me forget the pin number on my card.

MadPict
02-Apr-06, 19:48
Doesn't sound like you are going to get any relief from the high fuel prices from the hoped for arrival of Tesco in the area - match prices within 3 mile radius?
Sounds like the Caithness Cartel will be rubbing their collective hands at the prospect of another member!!!!

teritoots
02-Apr-06, 22:08
I got right shock today at dunnets in thurso is was 101.2p per litre!!!!:( :(

Stargazer
02-Apr-06, 22:15
This evening the price of petrol in Tesco, Inverness was 92.9p/l and along the road in Nairn at Somerfield it was 91.9p/l.

ice box
02-Apr-06, 23:18
I got right shock today at dunnets in thurso is was 101.2p per litre!!!!:( :(
i don't think they can charge that amount for fuel because the pump counter doesn't go past 99.99p the pump are not calibrated for that amount :mad: [mad] if they have a bit of paper up there showing 101.2p there are breaking the law it must be shown on the pump i think .

Kenn
03-Apr-06, 00:47
Diesel here on the south coast now 96.9 a ltr..so we're no far behind an' that's right next to the terminal where it comes in!
I've just worked out that using the old oil from me chip fryer would be considerably cheaper!

teuchter
03-Apr-06, 17:17
I have heard several people saying, that although the price is possibly only going to be a tenth of a penny cheaper at Tesco/Asda, they are still going to use them, rather than the present filling stations , due to the bad feelings of the past.I still havent made up my mind but feel that its surely better to support local buisnesses, altho i dont like there pricing policy at the moment.Im still sittin on the fence unsure which way to fall, but was wondering if this was a common felt thing?

COACHMAN
03-Apr-06, 18:47
THE PRICE ON THE WHOLESALE MARKET HAS GONE UP AND THE FUEL WHOLESALERS PASS IT TO THE FILLING STATIONS. BUT IT WILL COME DOWN AGAIN :Razz ,ONLY SOME IN CAITHNESS LIKE TO KEEP IT HIGH THURSO PRICES WERE UP TWO DAYS BEFORE WICK PRICES.