PDA

View Full Version : Beatles on tv

badger
05-Sep-09, 20:55
Oh I do love the Beatles - maybe shows my age but they were the best. Listening/watching right now - happy :D . Sigh .... Anyone else feel the same?

Kodiak
05-Sep-09, 21:28
Oh I do love the Beatles - maybe shows my age but they were the best. Listening/watching right now - happy :D . Sigh .... Anyone else feel the same?

Sure I do, I was and still am a great Beatles Fan. I have all tonights Programmes recording so I will be able to watch them all at my Leisure.

badger
05-Sep-09, 22:03
Wish now I'd done that, didn't expect it to be such a great programme.

Aussiewicker
05-Sep-09, 22:21
Watched it just a wee while ago: Thought it was a great programme. Wouldn't say I've ever been a Beatles fan, but realised just how many Beatles songs I know word for word. amazing. Huge Huge talent.

George Brims
05-Sep-09, 23:39
That was my wife's reaction when we watched a concert for Bob Dylan's 50th birthday some years back (I believe you can get it on DVD, and I know it's out on CD). She kept saying as each song started "He wrote that one too?".

piratelassie
05-Sep-09, 23:45
Would never admit to being a beatles fan, but hearing them tonite and listening to them singing live, just realized how talented they were....yes..will always be a fan :D

George Brims
06-Sep-09, 18:51
Tip for Beatles fans. Go to http://www.955klos.com/ and click on "Listen Live". From 8 to 11 am every Sunday (California time, 8 hours behind the UK) they have a great show called "Breakfast with the Beatles". If I'm doing my sums right (had to take ff the shoes and socks to get enough digits) that's 4 to 7 pm in Scotland, except for the few weeks every year when we're 7 or 9 hours apart because the clocks don't change at the same time

Kodiak
06-Sep-09, 20:00
Thanks for that Link I will listen next week. :Razz

George Brims
06-Sep-09, 20:37
It just occurred to me it might not work in the UK. Some sites are like that. For instance the free BBC viewer thing won't work outside the UK.

Kodiak
06-Sep-09, 20:41
It just occurred to me it might not work in the UK. Some sites are like that. For instance the free BBC viewer thing won't work outside the UK.

It works Fine. I tried it before I made my last post and it was really good. Si I will be listening in next week.

badger
06-Sep-09, 20:42

Website works fine George - many thanks.

George Brims
06-Sep-09, 21:05
That's good to know. A late evening (here) show is the Jim Ladd show. It has much better variety of music than the usual daytime playlist, which repeats too quickly. He is the subject of the Tom Petty song, "The Last DJ", and has been on the air since the early 70s.

Rheghead
07-Sep-09, 00:06
if they were that good, how come they don't sell many records anymore in comparison to other dead bands?:confused :Razz

George Brims
07-Sep-09, 07:11
if they were that good, how come they don't sell many records anymore in comparison to other dead bands?:confused :Razz
I believe the "One" CD featuring all their No 1 hits sold a ton. I myself received two copies the same Christmas...

Otherwise I think it's mostly because we all have the whole collection. I am afraid the investment in the new re-mastered CDs might not get much of a return.

bobbyrussell09
07-Sep-09, 15:51
Would never admit to being a beatles fan, but hearing them tonite and listening to them singing live, just realized how talented they were....yes..will always be a fan :D
why would you never admit to being a fan ,its nothing to be ashamed about,there tunes are still better than some of the rubbish in the charts today

bobbyrussell09
07-Sep-09, 15:56
thats rubbish,they have prob sold a great deal more than most bands that are dead,i would say if you had any beatles cd in the charts alongside any other dead band ,the beatles would trounce them

tonkatojo
07-Sep-09, 16:14
thats rubbish,they have prob sold a great deal more than most bands that are dead,i would say if you had any beatles cd in the charts alongside any other dead band ,the beatles would trounce them

I think Rheghead was extracting there, I dont think you can buy new records now, are they not all cd,blue ray, etc ?.

bobbyrussell09
07-Sep-09, 16:16
I think Rheghead was extracting there, I dont think you can buy new records now, are they not all cd,blue ray, etc ?.
oh am sure you can get them somewhere

tonkatojo
07-Sep-09, 16:30
oh am sure you can get them somewhere

where can you buy NEW vinyl records ? I would love to replace some of mine.

bobbyrussell09
07-Sep-09, 16:38
am not to sure ,have definately saw them somewhere ,may have been inverness

badger
07-Sep-09, 18:27
Used to be such fun piling up 45s or LPs on that spindle in the middle of the turntable and seeing them drop down one by one. And juke boxes :) Current generation don't know what they're missing. Don't think Beatles on CDs seems quite right somehow.

Dog-eared
07-Sep-09, 22:43
The expectation and delay between one disc and the next and the "clack " as the next disc was slapped down for the probing arm with the stylus. :D

tonkatojo
08-Sep-09, 11:23
The expectation and delay between one disc and the next and the "clack " as the next disc was slapped down for the probing arm with the stylus. :D

Your right spot on ,what you omitted was when the records got stuck and the cursing having to get up and lift them to reseat them, but what an era. :D