PDA

View Full Version : Help cat lovers!

superceltic
04-Sep-09, 22:15
Can someone please tell me what's wrong with my cat?

He is sleeping alot more than usual and had become less active and this morning he lost his voice and can no longer meow :(

He is only 2, Can cats get the cold?

S&LHEN
04-Sep-09, 22:54
Hiya yes they can and they can also get cat flu your better taking him to the vets as it can be quite serious and it ll put your mind and rest if you get a proper diagnosis xx

purplelady
04-Sep-09, 23:12
I agree you should take him to the vets may be nothing just best to check x

Vistravi
05-Sep-09, 10:55
Is your cat vacinated against cat cold/flu? If not i urge you to urgently get him vacinated especially if he goes outside. Also cat leukiamia as well which is a must to be vacinated against if your cat goes outside. I have had my queen cat vacinated fully since she was a kitten. she got the leukiamia injection about 2 months ago as i was going to start putting her out during the day but she does not want to go out now. :roll: But at least she is covered for it i suppose.

My queen cat is coming 3 this year and she no longer wishes to play as often as she used to and tends to be more active at night.

Our tom cat was the same as her before we put him out during the day and at night he tends to sleep now as sometimes he is outside for about 10 hours.

I agree with the other posters get him to the vets for a check up. The vet can tell you what is wrong.

superceltic
05-Sep-09, 16:22
I rescued him from Balmore and they told me he had all injections required so am unsure as to what ones he has had. I'm definatley takein him to the vets on Monday.
I hope he will be ok until Monday :(

ellimac
05-Sep-09, 16:51
I rescued him from Balmore and they told me he had all injections required so am unsure as to what ones he has had. I'm definatley takein him to the vets on Monday.
I hope he will be ok until Monday :(

Hi

What a worry, it's not nice when our pets are not well, unlike humans they can't tell us that they are ill and not feeling themselves... Defo take your cat to the vets, hopefully there will be nothing wrong, but least you'll get him checked over and it will put your mind to rest....
I'd ask the vet's about his injections and see if they can find out what he has had, as sure'ly they will be able to check if he has had his cat flu and the Leukemia injection's from there records even tho you got him from Balmore, they should have it all on there system and then it will put your mind at rest that he has them....

Hope he is okay, let us know how you get on with him......

superceltic
05-Sep-09, 19:30
It's a big worry, animals are like members off the family! First thing Monday morning I'm phoneing the vets! I'll let u know how it goes! Thanks to everyone for the advice! X

superceltic
08-Sep-09, 16:54
it was just a viral infection he had, he got an anti-biotic injection and is fine now! thank u everyone again xx

he is still a tad lazy though as u can see in the pic lol

Liz
08-Sep-09, 17:40
Glad it was nothing serious and that he is better now.

What a great photo!!!:lol: Cats do sleep most of the time so perfectly normal.

In my next life I want to be a cat in a good home!lol