PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Moto's can be unhealthy

dozy
01-Apr-06, 20:28
My pal bought one of those Mini-moto bikes for his son as a present . Good idea he thought ,he'll have great fun on this .Well .. Wrong ... he decided too show the boy how it should be done ,so he sat on this micro bike, fired up the little petrol engine and took off around the car park . But ..Someone had phoned the Police ,and he got caught red handed . Change No 1.. No insurance ..2 ..No Mot ..3 ..No SVA cert ...4 ..No tax disc ..5...Not deplaying a valid licence disc....6 ..Bald tyres ....7 Having a unroadworthy vehicle on a Public highway ... The list went on . His solicitor says that he will lose his Licence and have a Fine . The Courts have been told to clamp down on this type of menace in the streets and car parks ... It seems a bit hard ,But the Law the Law ........ I think the little bike is for sale ,it going to be a dear present???????

unicorn
01-Apr-06, 20:55
Oh my!!!!! that is just plain unlucky...

AR
01-Apr-06, 21:04
Thats a bit ott.Different if he was on the road.Does that mean that tomorrow the,erm,anti fun police will be waiting at the old glass factory for every unsuspecting person?

knightofeth
01-Apr-06, 21:30
It seems fair enough to me.

George Brims
01-Apr-06, 21:54
As far as I recall, not all traffic laws apply on private property, such as a car park. But, I suppose his solicitor will know about that sort of thing. Of couse it may also depend on whether the car park in question is counted as private property. Just a thought - I think it is kind of sad if this guy gets nailed for all those charges when he wasn't doing anyone any harm.

The Angel Of Death
02-Apr-06, 00:11
It seems fair enough to me.

Harsh yea but fair had two of them go shooting almost infront of the car from the pavement you can bet if i squished them the parents would be shouting blue murder charges etc the list goes on