PDA

View Full Version : got any ideas that could help?

clash67
01-Apr-06, 19:50
what can old CDs be used for, any ideas i've always got lots hanging around but seems such a waste just throwing them oot. Surely they must have some use?

Mother Bear
01-Apr-06, 19:53
if you know someone who gardens, c.d.'s are useful for tying on string to move in the breeze to scare away birds on precious seedlings.

connieb19
01-Apr-06, 19:56
I watched a programme one night and they decorated a kids bedroom with cd's. Just stuck them all over the walls.:o) Or, i've seen people make clocks from them and selling them on Ebay..

Tugmistress
01-Apr-06, 19:57
Mother Bear,
was going to say the same thing :D

if you don't know a keen gardener that can use them, the harbour at Scrabster use them on the pier as seagull deterrents so just pop them down there if you are at Thurso side.

Billy Boy
01-Apr-06, 19:59
i have heard that cd's placed on the dash of the car are said to deflect speed camera's. true or false.:confused:

erli
01-Apr-06, 20:00
what can old CDs be used for, any ideas i've always got lots hanging around but seems such a waste just throwing them oot. Surely they must have some use?

Give them to Homeaid to sell in their charity shop. :lol:

connieb19
01-Apr-06, 20:01
Break them up and use them a mosaic tiles...

Billy Boy
01-Apr-06, 20:01
my daughters playgroup used them for making mobile's with, so maybe you could see if any playgroups near you would want them

clash67
01-Apr-06, 20:02
Mmmm.. thanks, all good ideas , I'll try the bird deterrent thing. Thanks.

ice box
01-Apr-06, 23:03
i have heard that cd's placed on the dash of the car are said to deflect speed camera's. true or false.:confused:
true thats why lorry drivers have them on there dash :grin:

Ann
02-Apr-06, 00:47
Handy placemats!

badger
02-Apr-06, 10:41
I have them all over the house as coasters - works well and they're washable. Put one anywhere you're likely to park a cup. You can even use them on the table at meals, used to be a talking point but now too many people do it so no novelty value any more but look quite nice silver side up.

98elite
02-Apr-06, 11:45

Take them down to the cd sale that comes up to Thurso/Wick every couple of months they will let you do a trade in for something u fancy. Watch out for their add in the groat.