PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Information

Thurso.PT
04-Sep-09, 15:21
Hi im a Personal Trainer recently moved to the area but since ive been here i havent really exercised and need to start again ASAP can anyone tell me about Thurso gym how good? and prices etc? also heard about a Private gym but noone seems to know much about Anyone know about it?how to join Prices and what equipment they have? also i enjoy some Fitness classes anybody know of any in the Caithness area?? Any help would be great im getting bored with the same old exercise!!

This is not a advert just want Fitness Information

edayhouse
04-Sep-09, 15:34
Hi there

Fitness classes by Kate Stewart on the following nights
Monday, Pilates
Tuesday, Step Aerobics
Thursday, Tai Bo Aerobics

Start at 7.30pm for one hour at Mount Pleasant school

Thurso gym is ok, they have just recently got new equipment, they have got your usual treadmills, cross-trainers, rowing machines etc - think they also have a cheap hour first thing on a Sat am so you could always go along before deciding if you want to join the highlife scheme (unlimited access) - call them on 893260 to check opening times etc

Sorry but i dont really know much about Navar gym

Do you do running? Running group meets on a Monday night at the harbour in Thurso for a 5 mile run - 6pm and on a Friday night at the squash courts 5.15pm

Good luck with getting back to the fitness and i hope that your new business venture - personal training goes well

Thurso.PT
04-Sep-09, 15:42
thanks for the information i will look into all that!! this ad is not meaning to advertise just want Caithness Fitness info

edayhouse
04-Sep-09, 16:03
Hope i havent started another forum argument!!
good luck anyway i think that what you are doing is a great idea
Dont know if i could find the time, energy or money to sign up but i am sure you will get some interest

WickWitch
04-Sep-09, 16:10
I have tried to instruct my body to get fit. Unfortunately it seems to be deaf!:roll:

dietcokegirl
04-Sep-09, 16:24
I have tried to instruct my body to get fit. Unfortunately it seems to be deaf!:roll:

Aye, mine seems to be slightly hard of hearing too :lol:

Thurso.PT
04-Sep-09, 16:30
hey edayhouse no forum argument info was great!

Thurso.PT
04-Sep-09, 16:37
anyone know more about the private gym??

NickInTheNorth
04-Sep-09, 18:40
I've no personal knowledge of it but this may be useful:

http://sport.caithness.org/group.php?id=81

A_Usher
04-Sep-09, 21:18
I do MMA classes twice a week, and both have a strong fitness component.
We work Cardio, Resistance, Plyometrics, etc.
I am finishing off my REPS, level 2 and 3 PT courses in order to provide exercise on prescription to the medical surgery so all the exercise is based around ACSM principles and FIIT etc.

Your more than welcome to come down, its a laid back class, lots of fitness component and will stretch you if you want etc.

Andrew.

Thurso.PT
15-Sep-09, 11:02
HI im a Personal Trainer wanting to find out more information about the Naver Private Gym and info about the new Gym location at Forss Business park any details would be great! Any Details on places for hire in the Caithness area? Prices etc?