PDA

View Full Version : Asda van's in wick!!!

rs 2k
04-Sep-09, 03:09
Hi

I was in wick this morning and i saw a lot of asda staff walking up the road from somerfield, then 2 asda van's came down and parked just along from somerfield car park,

Whats happening there?

Probably ancient news i have missed [lol]

Fran
04-Sep-09, 03:16
I know somerfields is closing shortly and co-op apparently have changed their mind about moving there (co-op have taken over somerfields) so lets hope asda are moving there. they wouldnt need planning permission as there is no change of use. Lets hope!!!

butterfly
04-Sep-09, 04:02
That's not strictly true Fran.No word of Somerfield closing yet.Co-op still dont know which building they are selling.But Somerfield building is on a flood risk because of where it is situated.But co-operative have assured us all will become clearer by xmas.Then again they said last xmas we would know by march this year,but we are still waiting.........

Twiggy
04-Sep-09, 05:56
Hi

I was in wick this morning and i saw a lot of asda staff walking up the road from somerfield, then 2 asda van's came down and parked just along from somerfield car park,

Whats happening there?

I saw them in John O Groats it looked as though they were promoting something could have been a brand of whisky:lol:

joxville
04-Sep-09, 06:29
Hi

Whats happening there?

They got lost, they were looking for Tesco's because you now get double clubcard points. :)

Kevin Milkins
04-Sep-09, 07:10
They were a group of end to ender's sponsored by Asda.:roll:

Stack Rock
04-Sep-09, 07:42
Yesterday about 3pm a group of Asdas Elgin branch completed a LE to JOG sponsored bike run. The vans were there for the publicity photoshoot. Especially as they were accompanied on the last leg by CHRIS HOY.

Whitewater
04-Sep-09, 09:30
Asda sponsored a Lands End to John O'Groats cycle run, Chris Hoy was with them, also the Managing Director of Asda. Something to do with promoting cycling throughout the country. Managed to talk with Chris Hoy for a few minutes while collecting autographs for my two grandsons who were at school. He seems to be a really nice, down to earth guy, he as been an inspiration for the youngsters of this country and he is a great ambassador for both cycling and Scotland. He made the whole country proud through his dedication and ability. More than can be said for our overpaid 'Prima Donna' footballers who never produce the goods when required.

Venture
04-Sep-09, 09:41
Yesterday about 3pm a group of Asdas Elgin branch completed a LE to JOG sponsored bike run. The vans were there for the publicity photoshoot. Especially as they were accompanied on the last leg by CHRIS HOY.

Ah well that just leaves a load of disappointed org insomnicas now then. :lol:;)