PDA

View Full Version : Dead cat

doyle
01-Apr-06, 18:09
I came across a dead cat at the top end of Castletown this afternoon :cry:. It had obviously just been hit and the person did have the decency to move it onto the pavement. When I saw it I just couldn't leave it lying there so I took it to the Vets in Thurso. It had no collar on. When a Vet came in they were going to scan it to see if it was chipped. So if you know of anyone who has a brindle (black/brown mottled) cat that is missing, it could be their beloved pet. When my cat was killed she was just left in the middle of the road [mad]. She had a collar, name tag + chipped - whats the point if no-one is going to check? They will probably keep the cat there for a couple of days incase anyone enquires. If it is chipped obviously they will get in touch with the owner.

the original ducky
01-Apr-06, 18:20
oh my goodness what a shame. feel sorry for the owners. it makes me mad to hear about things like this some people are just idiots the person that knocked over that poor cat what a discrase. if you are the owner thats reading this sorry that something like this has happened to your beloved cat.

Liz
01-Apr-06, 18:30
What a shame.:~(

It was really good of you to take the poor wee thing to the Vets Doyle to see if it was chipped.

young_fishin_neep
01-Apr-06, 18:41
i hate it when people hit any animal let alone someones pet i feel sorry for the owner, one of our cats whent missing a year ago and we found it but whent missing again and nobody got in contact with us hopefully its found a new home that it likes.

sorry to the family it belongs to :(

kaz xx

clash67
01-Apr-06, 19:32
Yeah, poor cat, I was sat in a car once as a passenger and whe the driver saw a cat crossing he started to speed up, needless to say he nearly got a smack in the mouth, and I went on about it for the rest of the trip...he kinda got my hackles up...what are some people thinking? Thank god the most of us love our pets and would never dream of being so brain dead.

doyle
03-Apr-06, 16:48
I phoned the vets today and the cat has not been chipped and as yet no-one has enquired about a lost cat fitting its description.