PDA

View Full Version : a9 treacherous

lynne duncan
03-Sep-09, 21:49
we're just back from inverness and the roads are horrendous from lythmore north of brora, please take care if you are travelling (daft it sounds but its true)
the roads are the worst we have ever seen them

thrumster is bad and at dunbeath

Alice in Blunderland
03-Sep-09, 21:51

I know what section of road you are on about at Thrumster as my dad has just come back from Wick. Its a very bad section when it rains and a few cars have come off the road there so yes be very careful.

Stavro
04-Sep-09, 01:36
we're just back from inverness and the roads are horrendous from lythmore north of brora, please take care if you are travelling (daft it sounds but its true)
the roads are the worst we have ever seen them

Forewarned is forearmed. Thanks for taking the time to let us know and safe driving everyone.

Tom Cornwall
04-Sep-09, 10:49
I find that if you know what the road is like....take your time....it's not that the road is dangerous, it's the people who are driving on them..if you know they are awkward...just don't speed on it...

lynne duncan
04-Sep-09, 16:15
no tom it was the amount and depth of water on the roads, that we were on about. hughie said it was the worst he had ever seen it,

Green_not_greed
04-Sep-09, 16:30
Hopefully it will all disappear and we can travel safely again at some point.

I found this on the BBC website which may inject a little humour into an otherwise dull day

Enjoy!

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46320000/jpg/_46320630_floods_220_3002.jpg

starry
04-Sep-09, 17:33
I am driving north tonight Lynne, so much appreciated.