PDA

View Full Version : Dssc (viewfirth Farewell Party)

flowertot
01-Apr-06, 17:04
:cry: Well it happened, the last night in the Viewfirth was last night, 31st March 06.

It was a staff and committee party that was well attended by all the invited guests.

Presentations were made to Lily and her staff as well as Mr Springham, after that was out of the way, everybody went on to have a brilliant night, one of the best in a long, long time the place has seen.

It was fitting that it went out with a bang and it certainly did, there will be lots of sore heads this morning, only problem now is that club not there to go for a hair of the dog.

I would like to thank Lily for decorating the hall lovely and for all the hard work she has done in the club over the last 20 odd years. Also thanks to Carla, Lynne and Jackie - the bar staff. I wish them all the best for the future.

All that waits now is who is going to buy the site and what it will be turned into. I don't think houses should be built, I think something like a sports centre/teenage hangout/young kids soft play area should be built, but eh who knows what will happen!!!!!!!

It was sad night, but the good thing about it there was lots of people who used to work there over the last 20 odd years at it last night and it was great that photos were taken with all past and present staff.

The end of DSSC as we used to know it:cry:

The Pepsi Challenge
01-Apr-06, 19:08
Viewfirth RIP ;-(

buggyracer
01-Apr-06, 23:07
i think it is terrible that it is planned to be made into houses, as you say a sports centre or the like for the community would be a much better use, rather than lining a builder/developers pocket.

zebedy
02-Apr-06, 00:14
they always said it was haunted

My geat great Gran was born in the main building...

The doors were said to be locked at 10:30pm... For the final time

The main clock in the builidng ran outa batterys @ exactly

10:25pm

As if to stay The Viewfirth will always be here!!

and it always will be

RIP Viewfirth

<3