PDA

View Full Version : Hello

highland red
03-Sep-09, 20:41
Hello to everyone out there.

I am new to the forums here and look forward to swapping stories etc. in the future.

I live in Halkirk and am an enthusiastic (but strictly novice) bird watcher. I have been checking the forum for a couple of years now and there are plenty of interesting topics (and opinions) available.

Anyway, please be patient with me as I am a "certain age" when it comes to computing and the like.

All the best.
HR.

Alice in Blunderland
03-Sep-09, 20:45
Hello, welcome and let the fun begin. :D

redeyedtreefrog
03-Sep-09, 20:51
Welcome, you'll love it.

unicorn
03-Sep-09, 20:53
Good luck [lol]

Venture
03-Sep-09, 21:12
Welcome to the org highland red may your posts be many.:)

canuck
03-Sep-09, 21:39
Welcome highland red. 'Orging' is a skill that comes with practise.

shazzy
03-Sep-09, 21:42
welcome and enjoy the madness!:D

joxville
03-Sep-09, 21:43
Welcome to the org highland red. How did you get your name?

Alice in Blunderland
03-Sep-09, 21:47

Maybe its because he lives in the highlands and like all these Scotsmen he has red hair. :p

Wonder if he wears a kilt ??:lol:

joxville
03-Sep-09, 21:51
Maybe its because he lives in the highlands and like all these Scotsmen he has red hair. :p

Wonder if he wears a kilt ??:lol:

How do you know it's a man? I reckon it's a woman because of the following quote~ "Anyway, please be patient with me as I am a "certain age" when it comes to computing and the like".

Very obviously a woman, technology seems to confuse them! They should stay in the kitchen.

Alice in Blunderland
03-Sep-09, 22:01
Very obviously a woman, technology seems to confuse them! They should stay in the kitchen.

I would agree with you there as the simple man knows not how to work the very basics in that department as for multi tasking ie cooking and cleaning at the same time well not a chance man can only manage one simple task with guidance at a time.

I would also recommend the kitchen for us good ladies as avoidance of said man lying on the sofa scratching ones hind end with tv remote in one hand and large lager in the other trying to figure out what to watch on tv whilst waiting on the wife concocting a luxurious meal is the place of sanity peace and quiet for us. :D

joxville
03-Sep-09, 22:06
I would agree with you there as the simple man knows not how to work the very basics in that department as for multi tasking ie cooking and cleaning at the same time well not a chance man can only manage one simple task with guidance at a time.

I would also recommend the kitchen for us good ladies as avoidance of said man lying on the sofa scratching ones hind end with tv remote in one hand and large lager in the other trying to figure out what to watch on tv whilst waiting on the wife concocting a luxurious meal is the place of sanity peace and quiet for us. :D

I'll have you know I'm a very good cook and I clean up as I go along, less to clean up at the end. I can also bake and make my own soup. Oh btw, I'm not afraid to clean the house and I can sew. I've never expected any woman to wait on me hand and foot though if any wish to apply for the position of head skivvy.......:D

Oh, and I rarely touch alcohol, I'm scared I may lose a certain piece of clothing. ;)

highland red
03-Sep-09, 23:46

Well, I live in Highland and my Rugby team are called The Reds: so it seemed an obvious (and easy) one for me.

Were you thinking of Man Utd?

joxville
03-Sep-09, 23:47
Well, I live in Highland and my Rugby team are called The Reds: so it seemed an obvious (and easy) one for me.

Were you thinking of Man Utd?

No, I was just being nosey.

highland red
04-Sep-09, 00:01
No, I was just being nosey.

Interesting: you guys have already decided my gender, age, technical abilities with a PC and the colour of my hair. (if I have any).

I'm beginning to paint some interesting mental pictures of my own;)

I think I'm gonna like it on here.[smirk]

David Banks
04-Sep-09, 00:02
Anyway, please be patient with me as I am a "certain age" when it comes to computing and the like.

Great big welcome highland red !

Don't worry about age or computer skills - I've found this bunch very helpful, and forgiving - you'll fit right in.

joxville
04-Sep-09, 07:04
Interesting: you guys have already decided my gender, age, technical abilities with a PC and the colour of my hair. (if I have any).

I'm beginning to paint some interesting mental pictures of my own

I think I'm gonna like it on here.[smirk]
You'll find the org is like that, what we don't know, we make up. :eek: Just like real life actually. :)

mumof2
04-Sep-09, 11:03
thought i'd say hello and welcome, hope to see lots of posts in your name.

butterfly
04-Sep-09, 13:14
Welcome to this crazy place Highland red :lol: