PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding jobs/tasks

Fluff
03-Sep-09, 19:44
Argh why is it too easy to avoid doing things you know you need to do! I am filling out a job application, which is requiring alot of concentration, but it is too easy to get distracted!

Same with housework, how many of us have stuff that needs doing, but it is too easy to say 'ah I will do it later/tomorrow/next week'

I know you feel better after doing it, but darn I just wish it was easier to get in the mood to concentrate!

gleeber
03-Sep-09, 19:54
I read somewhere that whats happening to you is something called unfinished business. All the things you needed to do in the past are whizzing about in your head and because they are unfinished business the psychic energy is still there. Thats why you feel better when you finish something. The energys been utilised.
Energys fine if you can trun it off. :lol:

Whitewater
04-Sep-09, 11:24
One thing I have found out about retirement is that you can never "Not do" tasks, but what is marvelous is that you can plan your tasks according to the weather, and look what has just happened, I've been sitting here on the org as I couldn't get outside because of the weather, and low and behold the sun has just come out so I have to go. Have a nice day all, some tasks are overdue.

Kevin Milkins
04-Sep-09, 12:20
Yep, my car wheel won't paint itself so must cut on, goodbye.

cuddlepop
04-Sep-09, 12:43
I've got the job of pulling out the cooker and cleaning behind it.....so excited.;):lol:

Saveman
04-Sep-09, 12:59
The funny thing about procrastination is that......oh I can't be bothered....I'll finish this post later

laguna2
04-Sep-09, 13:01
I've got the job of pulling out the cooker and cleaning behind it.....so excited.

:eek: You get all the good jobs!!!!!!! :eek:

Tugmistress
04-Sep-09, 13:30
and i'm supposed to be doing housework / organising / tidying, but can't be bothered - i'll do it another day i'm off out with the camera shortly :D

young_fishin_neep
04-Sep-09, 14:02
and i'm supposed to be doing housework / organising / tidying, but can't be bothered - i'll do it another day i'm off out with the camera shortly :D

dont you worry you'll be doing it when your back,

ive got the snakes to clean out (mums job to hold them whilst this is being done)

ive got my bedroom to tidy- wich for onces isnt to much of a mess

then ive got the windowsil to wash down an paint in my room

then ive got a new blind to put up in the windowsil

i have an endless list of other stuff i could be doing too, just cant be botherd yet

xx

Iffy
04-Sep-09, 15:19
A great saying of my late Darling Mum's was : -

What you've to do,
Get done today,
And do not 'til
tomorrow stay -
there's always danger
in delay........

Sadly it never rubbed off on me - it'll just have to wait 'til I can be bothered !!!!! .......;)

dietcokegirl
04-Sep-09, 15:36
I'm at work, i'm meant to be doing paperwork - but i'm pushing it aside and telling myself i can catch up on Monday.

I know it'll be the last thing i want to do on a monday morning though....oh well.

Fluff
04-Sep-09, 15:48
LOL, glad I'm not the only one then!

Connor.
04-Sep-09, 16:56
Yeah, well i......

I know i was suppose to be doing something in this box, hmmm.

joxville
04-Sep-09, 19:13
What you need to get those jobs done is a Tuit. They are hard to find, especially the round ones. I've managed to find a site that has some in stock. Click here. (http://www.passco.com/tuit.htm)