PDA

View Full Version : Can any tell the name of the film please?

Rheghead
02-Sep-09, 21:48
It is basically a story of a journey in a truck across the african desert during WWII. They go thruogh mine fields, someone tries to clog up the fuel with sugar and the snake in the grass is a south american nazi sympathiser.:confused :D

It is one of my favorite films but I rarely see it so I have forgotten what it is called, how embarrassing...

davem
02-Sep-09, 23:26
Ice cold in Alex?

Metalattakk
02-Sep-09, 23:26
That'll be 'Ice-Cold In Alex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice-Cold_in_Alex)' then?

Rheghead
02-Sep-09, 23:39
cheers thanks everyone. I gotta buy dvd now lol. What would we do without e Org?

Sandra_B
03-Sep-09, 06:09
Good film!

tonkatojo
03-Sep-09, 11:04
cheers thanks everyone. I gotta buy dvd now lol. What would we do without e Org?

Aye it's an excellent film John Mills plays a brilliant part. Good ending when they get to the bar in Alexandria.

Rheghead
06-Sep-09, 19:24
Good ending when they get to the bar in Alexandria.
It was strange how they were drinking ice-cold Carlsberg lager which was brewed in occupied Denmark and at a time when drinking lager was almost unknown in 1959? Could this film be partly responsible for the popularity for drinking lager over the well established bitter and mild? Who knows...:Razz