PDA

View Full Version : Call for Stewards for Street Parade (11th September)

Theatre Modo
02-Sep-09, 18:09
We urgently need stewards for the 2009: A Sinclair Odyssey Street Parade on the 11th September.

Over the last month Theatre Modo has been working with over 300 young people to create a thrilling processional extravaganza bringing to life the legendary voyage to America of Henry Sinclair. Young people from across the county have been working hard learning new skills and creating routines.

The performance will be a processional show with each scene of the story being staged in a different location in the town, with the audience and performers processing from one to another, culminating in a fiery finale at the Harbour. The performance will start at the Market Square at 7.30pm and we expect the entire event to be over by 9.00pm.

In order to ensure the smooth and safe passage of the performers and audience we are looking for about 25-30 stewards. Stewards would need to attend a briefing session on Tuesday 8th September at 7pm in the Old Glass Factory and then be in attendance on Friday 11th from c.7pm until the end of the performance. Theatre Modo will provide full briefing and the obligatory high vis vests.

Duties on the night will be to accompany and manage the audience and occasionally where necessary assist the police in managing traffic. However for the main part the stewards will still be free to enjoy and to watch the performance.

If you can help with this or require any further information please contact Suzie on 07930 126 114 or suzannaferguson@gmail.com

Thank you in advance.

rfr10
02-Sep-09, 18:12
Just saw flyers about this event today. Unfortunately I'm off to Uni on Saturday so won't be able to see it / help :(. Good luck with it though - seems like an interesting and exciting event so hope all goes well!

lynne duncan
04-Sep-09, 14:16
http://arts.caithness.org/article.php?id=667

had a nice phone call from a very nice lassie today (dinna ken how she got my number but anyway)
she's from the group who are organizing the street performance next friday night and they are desperately short of stewards.
(normally i think they use the army cadets or sea scouts but i think both groups are busy)

can anyone suggest groups or themselves to help out with this problem. this group have been very busy creating this event and they have been involving a large amount of the schoolkids.

it would be nice to show a bit of community spirit and help them out because i'm sure the event won't be able to go ahead with out the stewarts

so if you are part of a group or even just yourself then please could you help

if you can then please contact suzie 07930126114 or myself wick 602486

Theatre Modo
07-Sep-09, 10:33
Good Morning!

Don't forget the short briefing for stewards tomorrow evening at 7pm in the Glass Factory.

Look forward to seeing lots of you there!

Suzie
Theatre Modo

Theatre Modo
09-Sep-09, 12:51
Hello Everyone!

We are still desperately looking to recruit stewards for friday evening. Its not too late to get involved, just come to The Market Square just before 7pm on Friday and I will give you a high viz jacket.

You will get great views of the parade. We have 200 young people involved, and your support would be really appreciated!

If you have any questions at all, or would like to confirm your attendance please just reply to this thread or call me on 07930 126 114.

Thankyou,

Suzie
Theatre Modo