PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - male black Lab for stud

YummyMummy
01-Sep-09, 13:22
Looking for a suiter for our Sasha - lovely black labrador bitch.

She is 3 years old and has good hip and elbow scores. Sasha is from working parents, although she herself is not a gun dog - just a soppy much adored pet!

She is a smaller framed labrador (very trim - NOT the chunky type), so we are looking for a smaller framed male.

If you have a black labrador that is kennel club registered and has low hip and elbow scores, we would love to hear from you!

Thanks in advance

S&LHEN
01-Sep-09, 13:25
Try Raymond henderson he has a beautiful pedigree black labrador might be worth giving him a phone to see 07887622341

Thanks

Jenni
04-Sep-09, 23:01
Hi
We have a black pedigree lab who is 3 years old if you are interested in using him for stud. He was bought from an estate in Tain and has an excellent temperment. We have had him since he was 12 weeks old. Lives in Thurso area.

crustyroll
06-Sep-09, 20:22
It's brilliant that you are looking for a stud that has hip/elbow scoring done, as has your bitch but you don't mention eye tests? Anyone going to the trouble of scoring should also get their Labradors eyes tested by the Opthalmic Vet in Inverness as they are known to have eye problems. I would never use a dog that hasn't got a clear eye certificate or breed from a bitch that hasn't been tested even if her hip/elbows scores were 0:0!

BINBOB
06-Sep-09, 21:05
Even with all the certificates in the world,there are is NO real way of knowing what any bitch/dog will produce...or what any puppy will develop.

crustyroll
07-Sep-09, 15:57
Even with all the certificates in the world,there are is NO real way of knowing what any bitch/dog will produce...or what any puppy will develop.

That is true, but with all the bad press about 'Pedigree Dogs' and how unhealthy they are, isn't it sense to use the health schemes that are available to try and minimise any hereditary conditions passing along and causing problems to the dogs or owners? It's not only my opinion but fact from the Opthalmic vet that there are eye problems in Labradors (a lot in the working side) that can be bred out but you must do the tests in the first place to know!!

YummyMummy
09-Sep-09, 12:14
Thanks to everyone that's replied and for the sound advice. Appreciated!

YummyMummy
18-Sep-09, 15:08
Thanks to all who replied. We have got a wonderful black labrador perfectly suited to Sasha and looking forward to some lovely puppies:)

BINBOB
18-Sep-09, 15:23
Wishing u a good,healthy set of puppies and look forward to pix when they arrive.;)

oakley2007
19-Sep-09, 23:46
i have a 3 year old slim line lab which i use for a gun dog.

his hip score is 3/4 and has 17 FT champions in last 5 years generations

for photo's or more info contact me on 07909911035