PDA

View Full Version : Freesat

Miss Mack
01-Sep-09, 10:59
Just wondering if anyone in Caithness has a FREESAT box. We've got SKY digital and would like to know if the FREESAT box works through the SKY dish, was told at Argos that the box was non-returnable so I don't want to buy one without knowing if its going to work, the assistant could'nt tell me! Can anyone shed a little light please. :confused

lazytown
01-Sep-09, 11:03
I bought the bush freesat box from argos and it works fine with the sky dish.
If you currently have a sky box, you can get a freesat viewing card from sky for around £30 I think

Miss Mack
01-Sep-09, 11:09
Yeah we are using the sky box at the moment but not paying a subscription, would they still send a viewing card? Thanks.

lazytown
01-Sep-09, 11:49
yeah they should, here have a look at this site
http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/faqs-freesat.aspx#q3

Miss Mack
01-Sep-09, 13:01
Cheers, thanks very much for your help!:Razz

Kodiak
01-Sep-09, 15:17
All you need to gain access to the free channels available on the digital satellite platform is a Freesat from Sky viewing card, which costs just £20. If you’d like to access the interactive services available, you’ll also need a working phone line. To purchase a viewing card please phone Sky on 08448 244 400.

sintra307
01-Sep-09, 15:32
:)we did exactly what you are thinking of we purchased a humix freesat box from argos and connected it to our already standing sat dish hey presto great picture and many channels ....well worth the money

Miss Mack
01-Sep-09, 22:16
Thanks all for the very helpful advice.;)

purplelady
01-Sep-09, 22:55
I have sky in my living room so what you are saying is i can get sky put in my bedroom for no extra cost per month is that rite x