PDA

View Full Version : Salsa Classes

blueivy
31-Aug-09, 16:25
I was convinced that there was some Salsa classes starting on October 2nd somewhere in Caithness. I even thought so far that there were some experts coming up to teach classes. I saw this on the front page of the .org (I think).

However, I've either dreamt this or I'm blind as I cannot find it. Does anybody know when the Salsa classes for absolute beginners starts up in Caithness and any contact details for it ASSUMING they are starting up at all?

ŠAmethyst
01-Sep-09, 00:34
I remember seeing this on the front page although I cannot find it again. I was thinking about attending if possible myself.

After a little digging I came across this...

http://whatson.caithness.org/event.php?id=7751

Maybe he will know some more info on the event that was being advertised. I have the date of 18th October stuck in my head for it - not sure if that's right though.

Fran
01-Sep-09, 01:32
There are salsa classes on wednesday evenings in the Boys Brigade Hall,Wick.

blueivy
01-Sep-09, 16:26
Dropped them an email so will hopefully hear back soon.

Fran, are the classes on just now? I thought they had stopped for the summer?

Moira
01-Sep-09, 20:06
You didn't imagine it BlueIvy, I too saw this on the front page but it seems to have disappeared now. Maybe the organisers have cancelled the event.

The Newsbot forum picked up the article here and mentions the company Salsa North. Here is the link to Salsa North's own website :-
http://www.salsanorth.co.uk/index.asp

Fran
02-Sep-09, 02:03
I saw it advertised for the bb hall on wednesdays. I will pop along tonight and see and will post back here. Quite fancy going myself !!!

784pete
02-Sep-09, 04:17
there were classes in scrabster but due to lack of support they had to be stopped the person running them was Steve Hicks 01847851778 or 07840090038 he is currently doing jive on tues at mey hall but is keen to restart the salsa in thurso if he has enough support, give him a bell and drum up some support and they may well start again.

Scout
02-Sep-09, 06:40
I was one of them that used to go to Scrabster. Steve is really good at teaching easy to learn with him. I was sorry to hear that it has stopped. If any one enjoys dancing and wants something different then go along to Salsa.;)

ŠAmethyst
02-Sep-09, 16:43
If I were in Thurso I'd definately go along to the classes. Great fun, great workout (or they were when I went to classes in the Viewfirth). Would encourage anyone out there who is in the area to at least give it a try :)

tonkatojo
02-Sep-09, 17:16
I saw it advertised for the bb hall on wednesdays. I will pop along tonight and see and will post back here. Quite fancy going myself !!!

Careful Fran, I went to some salsa classes 12 year ago I now have two replacement hips ( I am not kiddin). It knocks seven bells out of them. LOL :(