PDA

View Full Version : Lease Hold property

barmar62
31-Aug-09, 14:18
Can anyone tell me why there are no lease hold properties in the area ?
I am keen to rent somewhere privately but due to the rental agreements covering 6 months at the most I feel this is not a secure enough length of time.

tonkatojo
31-Aug-09, 15:00
I am keen to rent somewhere privately but due to the rental agreements covering 6 months at the most I feel this is not a secure enough length of time.

I think this is a good one for "rheghead"

scorrie
31-Aug-09, 15:06
Leasehold properties are rare in Scotland.

From Scotland.gov website:-

# The vast majority of property in Scotland is held on feudal tenure.

# Most non feudal tenures are found in particular regions where they have arisen for historical reasons.

Leasehold - Where there is a right to occupy the land for a set period.

Leasehold tenancies were reported as present across Scotland and instances were reported to be most prevalent in Lanarkshire, with pockets elsewhere, for example, Strathaven and Blairgowrie. Solicitors also reported such tenure in Ullapool and Montrose.

Rheghead
31-Aug-09, 15:10
I think this is a good one for "rheghead"

Wrong again, I can only claim a certain expertise on criminal/road traffic law pre-1988.:lol:

tonkatojo
31-Aug-09, 18:46
Wrong again, I can only claim a certain expertise on criminal/road traffic law pre-1988.:lol:

Damn, here's me giving wrong advice again. LOL:eek:

Tristan
31-Aug-09, 22:04

If you are talking about a Short Assured Tenancy then 6 months is the minimum - You can arrange longer agreements.