PDA

View Full Version : xmas Dinner

purplelady
30-Aug-09, 23:39
I know it is a while away but i was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere in wick that served Xmas dinner on xmas day think it will be just me and my son this year cannot see the point in cooking just for us two x

Solus
31-Aug-09, 00:42
All the more reason to cook, what better way to spend a christmas, no huge hussle bussle and fuss, just a quiet crimbo dinner and chill? :D

Fran
31-Aug-09, 01:09
The Norseman has been sold, the new owners will be doing christmas dinners there and they will be great. the meals at their other hotel, not in wick, are really really good..
Maybe you could join up with someone else in similar circumstances as yourself and you could have had christmas tohether. If my mum wasn't coming up I would have joined you.

lister
31-Aug-09, 01:51
I would start looking very soon as there often booked up well in advance.
Trawl through the adds in the local paper for ideas,i think most reputable public houses do them on the day..

Lavenderblue2
31-Aug-09, 16:55
There was an advertisement in this weeks local press for Christmas lunches at the Ulbster Arms Halkirk.

purplelady
31-Aug-09, 22:35
The Norseman has been sold, the new owners will be doing christmas dinners there and they will be great. the meals at their other hotel, not in wick, are really really good..
Maybe you could join up with someone else in similar circumstances as yourself and you could have had christmas tohether. If my mum wasn't coming up I would have joined you.
Thanks fran this will be my first xmas without all the family around they kind of made an effort last yr as it was first xmas without my husband we split up last yr but think they will be doing their own thing this yr x