PDA

View Full Version : Tbh

Kevin Milkins
30-Aug-09, 23:19
What's hapened to TBH?, I just noticed he has not been posting for a while and checked his profile and he is down as an ex orger.:eek:

Venture
30-Aug-09, 23:46
I was thinking the same Kevin. Another good poster has left the fold. :(

joxville
31-Aug-09, 01:24
He left because he was sick of some of the crap on here.

wifie
31-Aug-09, 01:27
Can't say I blame him!

Kevin Milkins
31-Aug-09, 01:29
He left because he was sick of some of the crap on here.

He might have gone kicking and screaming in true org tradition of late. :eek:
Or at least said "goodbye".

wifie
31-Aug-09, 03:01
He might have gone kicking and screaming in true org tradition of late. :eek:
Or at least said "goodbye".

Only people who are really wishing to be begged to stay do that! :roll:

northener
31-Aug-09, 16:15

Oi!!!!

Any more of that and I'll go again.......

Pity about TBH, posted some good stuff and was always willing to fight his/her corner. Another good 'un bites the dust.

hotrod4
31-Aug-09, 16:20
I too miss arguing discussing with tbh.
Miss melancholyman the most though as he had some good arguments on here!!!

northener
31-Aug-09, 16:34
I too miss arguing discussing with tbh.
Miss melancholyman the most though as he had some good arguments on here!!!

Melancholy man...very bright and as mad as a Mongoose.:Razz

Tighsonas4
31-Aug-09, 17:29
as far as i can see there going right left and centre and little wonder , jox says it all tony

hotrod4
31-Aug-09, 17:59
That is soooooooooooo true!!!!

Mystical Potato Head
31-Aug-09, 17:59
Yep,there are one or two on here who's sole purpose is to stir it up big time,no need to mention any names,just read some posts at random and you'll find its the same old faces who cant have a serious discussion without it degenerating into a full blown argument with insults,innuendos thrown in for free.
It would be ok if they would say their piece and then shut up and let others have their say but oh no,that would be too simple.They have to go on and on always thinking they are right and everyone else is wrong and when they start losing the orgument they resort to the low level I.Q petty insults etc.There's a big difference between a discussion and an argument
Its the one and only reason i very rarely post in the general section and it would seem things are only getting worse.

wifie
31-Aug-09, 22:07
Oi!!!!

Any more of that and I'll go again.......

But will you tell us again? ;)

northener
01-Sep-09, 11:31
But will you tell us again? ;)

Pobbubly not, I've drifted in and out a couple of times since.
I do so long and then can't be arsed to put up with some of the narrow-minded 'I'm offended' muppets any more.

I'm currently in...but will soon be out, I fear.

Rheghead
01-Sep-09, 11:46

You've bin in and you've bin out.:lol:

wifie
01-Sep-09, 14:20
You've bin in and you've bin out.:lol:

And he frequently shakes it all about! :eek:

silverfox57
01-Sep-09, 15:24
Pobbubly not, I've drifted in and out a couple of times since.
I do so long and then can't be arsed to put up with some of the narrow-minded 'I'm offended' muppets any more.

hope your bin is big enough?as there is a lot of orgers
gone,and more like my self are about ready for a trip
in the bin ,

northener
01-Sep-09, 15:29
in the bin ,

Well, the old bin is in refit pending my next trip. I can always get some extra accommodation built in if anyone wants to come along.

silverfox57
01-Sep-09, 15:34
we had a good laugh on here on your last
trip,outer space must be better than hear?

joxville
02-Sep-09, 16:38
in the bin ,

There will always be new blood but shame to lose some good people. Why is it happening?

Kenn
02-Sep-09, 19:07
Very simple, whilst most of us enjoy a good debate, some witty banter and the cut and trust of a point well argued, most of us don't want the inane and often personal bickering that can happen.
Whilst there are rules and remedies than can be used by any one who is genuinely upset, too often the same thing happens all over again and folk loose heart.
The great pity of the whole thing is that too many have left who were excellent members and are saddly missed.

dietcokegirl
02-Sep-09, 20:11
Has wifie gone too? :eek: She's showing up as ex orger?

joxville
02-Sep-09, 20:13
Yes, sadly she had enough too.

dietcokegirl
02-Sep-09, 20:52
That's a shame. I know i've not posted often but i've been browsing the forums for ages, i always enjoyed wifies banter.

northener
02-Sep-09, 21:24
It's the banal whingeing about every little aspect of life and finger wagging that really does my head in. I'm pretty thick skinned, but some of the absolutely pathetic, ill-informed and ignorant narrow minded whining we have to endure on here is beyond the pale.

Some days I look at this place and wonder why I bother even logging in anymore (I'm doing it less anyway). It's becoming virtually impossible to have a thread involving robust discussion without some plank being 'offended' all the time, or being unable to fight their corner without resorting to playground tantrums and name calling.

Alice in Blunderland
02-Sep-09, 21:33
It's the banal whingeing about every little aspect of life and finger wagging that really does my head in. but some of the absolutely pathetic, ill-informed and ignorant narrow minded whining we have to endure on here is beyond the pale.

Some days I look at this place and wonder why I bother even logging in anymore (I'm doing it less anyway). It's becoming virtually impossible to have a thread involving robust discussion without some plank being 'offended' all the time, or being unable to fight their corner without resorting to playground tantrums and name calling.

I so agree with you :D

butterfly
02-Sep-09, 21:49
It's the banal whingeing about every little aspect of life and finger wagging that really does my head in. I'm pretty thick skinned, but some of the absolutely pathetic, ill-informed and ignorant narrow minded whining we have to endure on here is beyond the pale.

Lol,you are so right there........

joxville
02-Sep-09, 21:49
Wifie started to feel like a bird in a cage and I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright and when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice, but still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend. :(

PS Adapted from The Shawshank Redemption

Rheghead
02-Sep-09, 21:52
Taken from the best quote from the best film ever.:)

joxville
02-Sep-09, 21:53
Taken from the best quote from the best film ever.:)
I agree, it's my favourite film.

Tighsonas4
02-Sep-09, 21:55
That's a shame. I know i've not posted often but i've been browsing the forums for ages, i always enjoyed wifies banter.
yep had apm farewell from wifie shes had enough, like many more tony

Alice in Blunderland
02-Sep-09, 22:12
I will miss wifie as I enjoyed her posts and chats . :(

I agree with you Shawshank Redemption has to be one of my all time favourites.

Kevin Milkins
02-Sep-09, 22:34
It's a shame that wifie felt enough was enough and I will miss her posts.

At least it seems we can all agree on one thing, Shawshank Redemption is an all time great, but I always wondered why it took about ten years after it's release before it got the recognition it deserved.:confused

maverick
02-Sep-09, 22:58
I remember when you could actually post a point of view on the org and you would either get support for your views or you would recieve constructive critisism. Then all of a sudden every brother and his uncle was an expert on everything, you dare not post anything for fear of getting the words rammed down your cyber throat, there were many bullies on the org and it got to the stage when I decided well im just going to fade away and say nothing. So I did this for a couple of years, looking in from time to time and nothing has really changed same crap different day. What I have found is that most of the so called experts on the org, sit and trawl the web for snippets of information then post the info on a thread so they appear to have years of experience on the subjects and on some occasions this is done so as to belittle the person who started the thread. Someone once told me a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing and I believe this definately applies to a lot of posters on the org. Someone also told me that an education is wasted on a fool, this is certainly the case when it comes to trying to explain yourself to others on the org, or even having to for that matter.I remember when the org was a fun place to be involved, chatting with people half way accross the world or the bloke next door. It seems to all have gone pear shaped now. So it comes as no surprise to me that our members are leaving...................

sweetpea
02-Sep-09, 23:01
TBH when I read the thread title I thought it meant 'To Be Honest' i.e. TBH:roll:

Rheghead
02-Sep-09, 23:02
I remember when you could actually post a point of view on the org and you would either get support for your views or you would recieve constructive critisism. Then all of a sudden every brother and his uncle was an expert on everything, you dare not post anything for fear of getting the words rammed down your cyber throat, there were many bullies on the org and it got to the stage when I decided well im just going to fade away and say nothing. So I did this for a couple of years, looking in from time to time and nothing has really changed same crap different day. What I have found is that most of the so called experts on the org, sit and trawl the web for snippets of information then post the info on a thread so they appear to have years of experience on the subjects and on some occasions this is done so as to belittle the person who started the thread. Someone once told me a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing and I believe this definately applies to a lot of posters on the org. Someone also told me that an education is wasted on a fool, this is certainly the case when it comes to trying to explain yourself to others on the org, or even having to for that matter.I remember when the org was a fun place to be involved, chatting with people half way accross the world or the bloke next door. It seems to all have gone pear shaped now. So it comes as no surprise to me that our members are leaving...................

I agree wholeheartedly, sad really.

Venture
02-Sep-09, 23:02
yep had apm farewell from wifie shes had enough, like many more tony
Yes, I too had a PM from her. She was a great poster and so friendly, the org won't be the same without her. :( I'm sure all those who have played the Sunday night quiz will know how much she contributed to that. The banter was always good when wifie was there. There can't be many of the "originals" left now.

Kevin Milkins
02-Sep-09, 23:08
TBH with you,:roll: I still find thr org an Ok place to visit, yes it does get a bit silly at times, but it is a bit like the school playground and when you know who to avoid and who your mates are it's a great source of communication.

Anne x
02-Sep-09, 23:59
Well what can I say Wifie was like a breathe of fresh air in a very staid and ruled upon org who contributed much to every section gave her own time on sunday night for the quiz , joke section and her passion photography and contributed to the general section in her own manner and her way

In recipes who could forget the lentil soup lol private joke

a great loss just like all the others that have gone before her in the past few months and are still sorely missed

laguna2
03-Sep-09, 09:06
I will miss wifie too. She was good fun and, to my knowledge, was never cruel or thoughtless with her posts.

Unfortunately this cannot be said for all orgers and I believe that thoughtless posting by another orger was the last straw for her!

joxville
03-Sep-09, 09:41
Wifie-scone but not forgotten. ;)

Kevin Milkins
03-Sep-09, 09:51

Owww jox, Doby so sentimental.;)

BINBOB
03-Sep-09, 10:40
Well what can I say Wifie was like a breathe of fresh air in a very staid and ruled upon org who contributed much to every section gave her own time on sunday night for the quiz , joke section and her passion photography and contributed to the general section in her own manner and her way

In recipes who could forget the lentil soup lol private joke

a great loss just like all the others that have gone before her in the past few months and are still sorely missed

Anne..she did not die,just left the org.!!!Her choice.........;)

badger
03-Sep-09, 11:19

Her choice maybe, or was she upset by someone's post in which case not entirely her choice. Either way it's our loss.

Often wondered why some seem to think it's OK to be rude/offensive on here when they probably wouldn't to someone's face. Lively argument is great. Playground insults - who needs them?

laguna2
03-Sep-09, 16:20

With jam and clotted cream jox????

joxville
03-Sep-09, 16:50
With jam and clotted cream jox????

Or lack, thereof!

Mystical Potato Head
03-Sep-09, 17:20

You're quite correct, she didn't die and the choice was hers to leave but more importantly, shouldn't you be asking yourself why someone who obviously enjoyed the org and participated enthusiastically to many sections of the forum decided to leave along with several others?
She will be a big miss in the photo section,regularly commenting on almost everyones photos,just a shame more people wouldn't comment because the comment to view ratios is pathetic to say the least.

Alice in Blunderland
03-Sep-09, 17:39

True and like others we all know she may come back eh binbob..... sorry BINBOB. ;) [lol]

peter macdonald
03-Sep-09, 17:40
Very sorry to see TBH and wifie go ... I had written a long post to another thread in this section just now and Ive dumped it because I cant be bothered with the hassle ...Sad but mavericks post has hit the nail on the head regarding the Org at the moment...
Back to lurking and the geneology section

joxville
03-Sep-09, 18:04

Do I detect a hint of jealousy because no-one commented when you spat the dummy? :confused

Anne x
03-Sep-09, 18:18
Do I detect a hint of jealousy because no-one commented when you spat the dummy? :confused

PMSL I am away to the org pub to have myself a wake !!!! sorry drink [lol]

BINBOB
03-Sep-09, 18:43

Wrong again...some very nice folk did comment .I decided to return because some like u will not cause me to give up the org.

Also,I think TBH and wifie were splendid orgers,but it is their choice to leave and I respect that.

But I am not going to rise to ur baiting,matey.U are not worthy of my attention.[lol]

joxville
03-Sep-09, 19:15
Wrong again...some very nice folk did comment .I decided to return because some like u will not cause me to give up the org.

Also,I think TBH and wifie were splendid orgers,but it is their choice to leave and I respect that.

But I am not going to rise to ur baiting,matey.U are not worthy of my attention.[lol]

I wouldn't want you to leave the org, also, I did say to others in pm's that I was sorry to see you go, same as I'm sorry to see anyone leave.

BINBOB
03-Sep-09, 22:19
I wouldn't want you to leave the org, also, I did say to others in pm's that I was sorry to see you go, same as I'm sorry to see anyone leave.

Well,thank u for that.Not what I expected...........no one is all bad.I think u are a good fella..but I have never had a dummy since I was 16 months old.!!!!

Hope it is not as wet where u are as it is here!!!Just getting the flippers out for my dogs....;)

hotrod4
04-Sep-09, 05:44
It is sad so many are leaving, thats why I and many others have another website to visit, where people are not easily offended.(but cause the offense!!!;))
Wifie was a good egg as was tbh(who i rarely agreed with but we both enjoyed that!) MM was a star who was too bright for most of us!

It seems some are just way too PC and Sensitive now, I only wish I was a coloured,one legged,blind ,gay,dwarf THEN I WOULD have something to get sensitive about!!![lol]

joxville
06-Sep-09, 15:02
Is over-moderation or unfair moderation the reason people leave? I don't know, though I wouldn't want to be a Mod-I wouldn't like to be in the position where I have to suspend or ban someone. Sometimes it may not even be anything to do with the Mods. Some people are just too sensitive and easily offended so they claim to be bullied and leave the org. I like the org as it is, I'd hate to see it turn into a twee website where everyone is scared to post anything in case it upsets others.

Tubthumper
06-Sep-09, 18:15
Wifie pm'd before she left, was very upset about something/someone but I couldn't figure out what. I used to check the org 2-3 times a day, but in the last few months I've hardly logged on at all. There do seem to be a lot of recent arrivals (and some not so recent) who are keen on going for the throat or taking great umbrage at the slightest thing.
Can't help wondering if the 'Gene Hunt Affair' means I'm one of the bullies - some folk tried to claim it was a 'witch-hunt' but I viewed it as dealing with a bully. Also it became pretty obvious 'he' was simply having fun with us, which makes me wonder how many other plausible personas are on here simply to cause upset?
Mind you, the world seems to be going through a bit of a change just now, maybe people's ideas and ambitions for the org are changing as well.