PDA

View Full Version : prima corner unit, anyone have it?

brandy
30-Aug-09, 22:15
hiya guys,
need some advice! was thinking about buying the prima unit from argos but the size for delivery and fitting thru the door is huge. says that you need at least 85 cm to get the couch in. just wondering if anyone has one and if they made it fit thru a smaller space? thanks!

joxville
30-Aug-09, 22:45
Have you measured your doorway? 85cm is about 33", I think most doorways to be about 36", maybe a joiner could take the door off if it would help.

theone
30-Aug-09, 23:10
Have you measured your doorway? 85cm is about 33", I think most doorways to be about 36", maybe a joiner could take the door off if it would help.

Modern doorways at this wide for wheelchairs, but a lot of older houses, especially 50's-70's will have 30 or 33".

If you've got large single piece double glazing the easiest thing to do would be to get a window fitter to whip the bead out and remove the glass. It'll take him no more than two minutes.

joxville
30-Aug-09, 23:13
Modern doorways at this wide for wheelchairs, but a lot of older houses, especially 50's-70's will have 30 or 33".

If you've got large single piece double glazing the easiest thing to do would be to get a window fitter to whip the bead out and remove the glass. It'll take him no more than two minutes.

Fine as long as it's not an upstairs flat. [lol]

Whitewater
30-Aug-09, 23:21
Good advice from "theone" use the window, we have done that in the past.

bluechesse
02-Sep-09, 00:04
I bought a couch a couple of years ago that wouldn't go through the front or back door. The delivery guy actaully removed the hinges from my dining room window (the type that fold out from the bottom, full width) and took the whole window out leaving just the frame. Put it back when he was finished too! If you have that type of window, and it will fit through, you may be able to do it this way without actually having to remove the glass and bead.