PDA

View Full Version : Sitting Down in Lifts

redeyedtreefrog
30-Aug-09, 18:00
I heard it on Radio 1 a few weeks ago, and tried it last week in Caithness Horizons...

Definitely spices up the ride!

What do you think? Ever tried it?

im behind you
30-Aug-09, 18:06
im running down to mackays hotel right now to try this out i so cant wait to see what its like NOT

David Banks
30-Aug-09, 18:07
How many lifts have you seen with seats ?

Alternatively, how many lifts have you seen with floors clean enough to sit on ?

Am I missing something ?

gleeber
30-Aug-09, 18:09
Am I missing something ?
The clue's in he heard it on Radio 1

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
30-Aug-09, 18:23
haha never tried it but im well up for next time im in a hotel with 20 floors!!!

was on a really fast lift in the sears building in chicago in the summer- on the way down even standing up nearly lost your stomach through your mouth!! This it's the tallest or 2nd tallest building in world - over 1km high ....nice lift!!

redeyedtreefrog
30-Aug-09, 19:08
how many lifts have you seen with floors clean enough to sit on ?

About four.

crayola
30-Aug-09, 19:33
This is one the young whippersnapper will be able to explain. He's studying psychics. :D

David Banks
30-Aug-09, 19:35
The clue's in he heard it on Radio 1

I'm missing such nuances not having heard the BBC much since coming to Canada in 1975 -- at which time it may have been 'the home service' or BBC Scotland.

Alan16
30-Aug-09, 19:54
This is one the young whippersnapper will be able to explain. He's studying psychics. :D

I'm getting scared now, I'm being talked about on threads before I even read them. :eek: And I listen to Radio 2/MFR (or CFM whenever it gets in the way of MFR).

I'm missing such nuances not having heard the BBC much since coming to Canada in 1975 -- at which time it may have been 'the home service' or BBC Scotland.

I'd say it's something to do with shaving a chimp then putting them in front of a microphone. [lol]

redeyedtreefrog
30-Aug-09, 20:04
I listen to Radio 2/MFR (or CFM whenever it gets in the way of MFR).

MFR is a terrible station with amateurish DJs.

Alan16
30-Aug-09, 20:16
MFR is a terrible station with amateurish DJs.

True, but the music is a good mixture of old/new stuff.

And what does that make CFM?! Are there words enough to describe it? :eek:

Vistravi
30-Aug-09, 20:51
How many lifts have you seen with seats ?

Alternatively, how many lifts have you seen with floors clean enough to sit on ?

Am I missing something ?

How come you need a chair to sit anywhere? Just need your behind and a surface ;)

I work with small children and spent most of the day on the floor with them. Barely use chairs at work. Can't think a lift floor would be any cleaner than the floor in my work after the kids are finished with it :lol:

Aaldtimer
30-Aug-09, 20:54

Not lost for words Alan, surely? :confused

joxville
30-Aug-09, 20:55

There are many, all of which would incur an infraction.

Alan16
30-Aug-09, 21:06
Not lost for words Alan, surely? :confused

Well... I... You... Erm... :roll:

horseman
31-Aug-09, 06:15

Trust you to wake the toad up;)

George Brims
31-Aug-09, 06:30
haha never tried it but im well up for next time im in a hotel with 20 floors!!!

was on a really fast lift in the sears building in chicago in the summer- on the way down even standing up nearly lost your stomach through your mouth!! This it's the tallest or 2nd tallest building in world - over 1km high ....nice lift!!

Sadly it's no longer the Sears Tower, but the Wills Tower. I bet people in Chicago are not happy about the change, and are probably ignoring it. It's one of the few places your ears pop in the lift! However it's nowhere near 1km high - 442m to be precise. A 1km high building is a long way off.