PDA

View Full Version : Death and destruction to all men.(Christmas Wishes)

gleeber
18-Dec-03, 14:00
Its that time of year again. Peace and goodwill to all men and women of course.
At least, that's the real meaning of Christmas as portrayed by the Christian Church, but has someone forgot to tell that card carrying Christian President Bush?
I detest the way himself and his cronies associate themselves with the words of Jesus, even though much of their actions appear necessary.
He spoke recently about Sadaam Hussain, with no Christian compassion, and called for him to be put to death.
My first Christmas wish would be for the Christian church to make it clear there is no connection betwee the words of Jesus and the actions of our leaders when they use such words.
The same difficulties have arisen in the Islamic religion because good living and religous Muslims find it difficult to condemn Osama Bin Laden for the atrocities he is accused of. They justify the actions of suicide bombers by pleading there must be a reason for them taking such extreme action.
Indeed theer is, but until the churches and mosques and synagogues disassociate themselves from the actions of man, people will turn their backs on the concept of a loving God or a more humanitarian man.
The Christian religion the Jewish religion and the Islamic religion have one thing in common......The bible.
The bible has been a haven for killers for too long!
Therefore, my second Christmas wish would be for the bible to be downgraded from the word of God to the word of man....Nothing more!
Perhaps then, the real message of Christmas will be able to bloom, and the words of Jesus will begin to mean something to President Bush.

Merry Christ mas

George Brims
18-Dec-03, 18:13
Dream on Gleeber, dream on. If it's not Christianity or Judaism or Islam, people will just find some other creed to distort so they can justify their inhumanity.

gleeber
18-Dec-03, 19:50
Another Christmas wish would be tha Chorge Brims wont be so cynical in 2004 :~(

George Brims
18-Dec-03, 23:43
Dream on Gleeber, dream on. :D

marion
25-Dec-03, 22:42
Try prayer - that works better than criticism. Especially for Christians.

mysophales
10-Jan-04, 14:55
sorry to say folks
but if you read back in history
more wars were started because of religion
than any other situation.