PDA

View Full Version : Wind Speed

Tugmistress
29-Aug-09, 09:08
For those that look at the weather data on my site, you'll notice the wind speed is now showing 0mph :(
the cups have snapped off the windy thing and i need to get up the post to replace the unit. (about 25ft).
i'll see if i can do it this afternoon, but not quite sure it'll be safe enough in this wind.

normal service will resume asap

Paula

golach
29-Aug-09, 09:11
Send the neep up, she was looking for something to do yesterday [lol]

Tugmistress
29-Aug-09, 09:14
Send the neep up, she was looking for something to do yesterday [lol]

hahahahahahaha i got no hopes of doing that G, she's off out this afternoon to her mates and she don't like heights either, never mind going up a ladder in this wind!

golach
29-Aug-09, 09:17
hahahahahahaha i got no hopes of doing that G, she's off out this afternoon to her mates and she don't like heights either, never mind going up a ladder in this wind!
Teenagers are invincible, or should that be lazy [lol]

Tugmistress
29-Aug-09, 09:20
hahaha i think you're right there G!
not looking forward to this, i may chicken out until the wind drops a bit yet! lol

Kevin Milkins
29-Aug-09, 09:21
I am glad I took my hanging baskets down and put them in the green house yesterday.:eek:

It's a fine morning here in Wick just now, is it safe to put them up again?:confused

Tugmistress
29-Aug-09, 09:24
I am glad I took my hanging baskets down and put them in the green house yesterday.:eek:

It's a fine morning here in Wick just now, is it safe to put them up again?:confused

if you're sheltered where you are from the wind at the moment then probably yes kevin, the wind is staying west then going south west over the next few days.

Kevin Milkins
29-Aug-09, 09:30
if you're sheltered where you are from the wind at the moment then probably yes kevin, the wind is staying west then going south west over the next few days.

Thanks for that tugs, I will get them back up.:Razz

Rheghead
29-Aug-09, 10:21
Hi Tuggs, did you get the yearly data sorted out? I was only getting monthly readings from the link to the annual stuff.:confused

Stefan
29-Aug-09, 11:12
Down south at the moment and was going to check the wind speed ;-(
Wouldn't climb up there until the wind calms down though.

I also missed the all time statistics yesterday when I was going to check the highest wind speed from last year....

Tugmistress
29-Aug-09, 12:29
hi rheg and stefan,
all the old data is on my old hard drive, i have no idea which file to overwrite (there's over 5,000) to transfer it to the new so if you want something specific then let me know and i can email it to you :)
basically it's a fresh install on this new computer starting beginning august but if i do sus it out which one i need to overwrite i will.

hoping to get loan of a teleporter this afternoon, bit safer than a ladder lol

Rheghead
29-Aug-09, 13:18
hoping to get loan of a teleporter this afternoon, bit safer than a ladder lol

OK but don't go anywhere with an flying insect in the viscinity.:D

Tugmistress
29-Aug-09, 13:22
OK but don't go anywhere with an flying insect in the viscinity.:D

that's job done :)
a few hours of wind speed data missing - fully functional again now

a HUGE thank you to the kind gentlemen who have enabled me to get blown about like a leaf lol but at least it's fixed !

seadog
29-Aug-09, 21:18
For those that look at the weather data on my site, you'll notice the wind speed is now showing 0mph :(
the cups have snapped off the windy thing and i need to get up the post to replace the unit. (about 25ft).
i'll see if i can do it this afternoon, but not quite sure it'll be safe enough in this wind.

normal service will resume asap

Paula

And here was me thinking it was calm tugs;)

young_fishin_neep
30-Aug-09, 12:46

got it in one!! no chance on earth i would have been doing it!

least its sorted now though :D

xx