PDA

View Full Version : any ideas....

annemarie482
27-Aug-09, 18:03
help!
we need a rotavator to level out our new builds garden.
does ANYONE know where we can hire/ loan one ?!
we're at our wits end looking, only needed for this one job, so buying not really cost effective.
any help much much appreciated!

im behind you
27-Aug-09, 19:33
there is this thing called a spade and a bit of hard labour

George Brims
27-Aug-09, 19:35
Is there room to get a tractor in? Someone might be able to run over it for you with a real rotavator, as long as all bits of brick, concrete etc are out of the ground. Oh and make sure you know where and how deep all pipes etc are! That's preferable to using a hand-held one, which is a lot of work.

George Brims
27-Aug-09, 19:36
Where do you live? Have you ever tried to dig up any sizable piece of Caithness? Believe me, hard work doesn't begin to describe it!

lazytown
27-Aug-09, 20:11
Try homebase, I believe they hire tools, also what about HSS Hire in Thurso

Blondie
27-Aug-09, 20:12

How many more threads are you going to put stupid, childish replies on?

Grow up for goodness sake!

Kathy@watten
27-Aug-09, 20:19
try allans of gillock in Watten not the gillock one they do all the garden machines

miller30
27-Aug-09, 20:44
have you tried alan ross from the top of newton hill, wick, he might have one. good luck, we did our little bit of garden in our old house and it is really hard work, not to say hard on your arms!!!!

im behind you
27-Aug-09, 22:38
How many more threads are you going to put stupid, childish replies on?

Grow up for goodness sake!
im so sorry blondie but i am only 12

sweetpea
27-Aug-09, 22:43
have you tried alan ross from the top of newton hill, wick, he might have one. good luck, we did our little bit of garden in our old house and it is really hard work, not to say hard on your arms!!!!

That's who I would have said, either that or a landscaper, it wouldn't cost that much, failing that the nearest farmer:)

annemarie482
28-Aug-09, 10:14
thanks everyone, there's one or two there i hadn't thought of....
i'll let you know if we get one!!
allans of gillock definately dont do it anymore as they said it always comes back broken:(

_Ju_
28-Aug-09, 10:55

Sorry to make this a public comment, but I have never seen anyone more appropriately screen named. You are always at the back digging in a knife aren't you? I do hope that you have more real life joy than what your constantly acerbic comments/one liners show on here..... ;):lol: