PDA

View Full Version : **Help Please*** Cat Found

Nettie
26-Aug-09, 13:24
I have just had a delivery from Tesco and when the driver opened the van a little cat jumped out.
It is a small, greyish tabby, with a fluffy tail and is wearing a green collar with red lining. It is very friendly and came to me as soon as I called.
The driver has been to so many places this morning and has no idea when the cat jumped in his van so it could have come from as close as Castletown or as far as Reay!
If anyone knows of a little cat of this desciption in their area could they please ask around if there is a cat missing.
I have contacted Cats Protection but have had to leave a message on the answerphone. I would love to take the little one in but my two dogs wouldn't appreciate a feline visitor so it is awaiting rescue in my dog crate at the moment!!
Hope someone can help.

Nettie
26-Aug-09, 15:09
The Cats Protection League has found a temporary 'foster' home for the little cat so I will be taking it over this afternoon and will have it scanned by the vet on the way in case it is microchipped ........ hope its owner turns up soon!

Margaret M.
26-Aug-09, 17:18
Nettie, on behalf of the wee stowaway, thanks for your efforts! I hope its reunited with its owners soon.

unicorn
26-Aug-09, 17:25
What an incredibly kind thing to do :D

BINBOB
26-Aug-09, 18:34
What an incredibly kind thing to do :D

Absolutely agree...well done.Hopefully owner and cat will soon be reunited.:D

Nettie
26-Aug-09, 22:44
Absolutely agree...well done.Hopefully owner and cat will soon be reunited.:D

... hope so Binbob ... I am so tempted to bring it back if it isn't claimed!!!

BINBOB
27-Aug-09, 11:03
... hope so Binbob ... I am so tempted to bring it back if it isn't claimed!!!

AWW.that would be wonderful...quite a story.please let us know.;)

dousslesh
27-Aug-09, 17:23
The little cat has now been safely restored to her owners !
Many thanks to Paul Hughes from Tesco's for taking the time and trouble to trace back the drivers deliveries to locate the owners and then collecting the cat from our fosterer and deliver to the grateful owners. ( as they do not have transport).
Thanks also to ' Nettie' for making sure the cat was safe and sound and delivered to Carole CP Fosterer, who also went out of her way to look after the little lost soul !
What a great team effort and a lovely happy ending !

unicorn
27-Aug-09, 17:28
Fantastic news :D

BINBOB
27-Aug-09, 17:51
Wonderful....heartwarming story.Well done all.;)

Liz
27-Aug-09, 18:56
Oh that is brilliant!

Well done to everyone involved in making sure the wee cat was reunited with her owner.:D

balto
27-Aug-09, 20:13
brilliant news, bet the little thing wont be going walkabout for a long tie.