PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic

Kenn
25-Aug-09, 18:44
I have just been watching the six o'clock news and was very irate that there was a whole two minutes devoted to "Strictly come dancing."
Whilst in no way wishing to denigrate those who enjoy this programme, surely there are far more important things going on that should take priority on the news.
Now I've got that out of my system I'm going to take a deep breath, count to ten and calm down!

tonkatojo
25-Aug-09, 18:47
I have just been watching the six o'clock news and was very irate that there was a whole two minutes devoted to "Strictly come dancing."
Whilst in no way wishing to denigrate those who enjoy this programme, surely there are far more important things going on that should take priority on the news.
Now I've got that out of my system I'm going to take a deep breath, count to ten and calm down!

I suppose that's life, I find no matter how right your argument sometimes you cannot win. :(

joxville
25-Aug-09, 18:56
A better title for this thread would be 'Strictly Come Whining' :D

<Jox ducks and the shoe missed> [lol]

Rheghead
25-Aug-09, 20:37
For some folk there is nothing more important than Strictly, each tar their own. I guess tv is pandering to popular culture, blame the tv audience than the tv company.

weeksider
25-Aug-09, 21:53
Took worse coverage when won the Ashes ,more imp news than this :(

Alan16
25-Aug-09, 22:14
What's pathetic is that a man has been stabbed over a football rivalry. I'm as big a fan of football as the next guy, but it is not worth trying to kill someone over.

badger
25-Aug-09, 22:59

Quite right - Strictly may be many things but news it is not.

This will probably get me lynched but I get very cross that there is so little real news in the Scottish news at 10.30. They have 5 minutes for the whole of Scotland and yet nearly always much of it is taken up with football, probably more than half tonight. I can't believe there is not 5 minutes worth of real news for the whole of Scotland so either they're just lazy and can't be bothered to find it or they think everyone is as obsessed with sport as they are.

sweetpea
25-Aug-09, 23:23
Just hev a tv policy, where the man has the remote, and you tell him what channel you want:confused

Anne x
25-Aug-09, 23:30
[quote=Rheghead;585256]For some folk there is nothing more important than Strictly, each tar their own. I guess tv is pandering to popular culture, blame the tv audience than the tv company.[/quote

and the BBC licence fee what pays gets aired simple as no culture involved in that

now if I had a soap box against stv just recently I would be worried

bettedaviseyes
26-Aug-09, 11:51
what boils my blood this whole katie and peter brake up in every paper magazine going and now both have a tv program about it grrrrrr[disgust]

bettedaviseyes
26-Aug-09, 14:48
What's pathetic is that a man has been stabbed over a football rivalry. I'm as big a fan of football as the next guy, but it is not worth trying to kill someone over.

i loved football to and i agree with you these's football thugs go that step to far i find some folk go to far with football i like winding up s few pals with the football as they do with me but to stab some over football is shocking[evil]

im behind you
26-Aug-09, 18:36
i cant believe that that is just discusting that is to think i get wild when they show the weather for over 2 minutes oh boy its just discusting it really is boy o boy o boy can you imagine it eh absolutly discusting rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr