PDA

View Full Version : Shoe Repairs

Dr Evil
25-Aug-09, 14:10
Does anybody know of anyone in Wick that still does shoe repairs?

Thanks.

nicnic74
25-Aug-09, 15:40
I dont think there is anyone in wick that does it any more, last time i needed shoes reheeled my sis in law took them up to a shop in thurso, but im no exactly sure where abouts in thurso.

Lavenderblue2
25-Aug-09, 15:45
Sinclairs shoe repairs are in Olrig Street, left hand side going west, nearly opposite Munro's undertakers.

Dr Evil
25-Aug-09, 16:15
ok thank you

Fran
26-Aug-09, 02:22
I now take my shoes to inverness as I get them back in 30 minutes whereas in thurso you have to wait for a week or more.

Cattach
26-Aug-09, 08:01
I now take my shoes to inverness as I get them back in 30 minutes whereas in thurso you have to wait for a week or more.

OK if you are going to Inverness but anything more than a week before going and you would be better in Thurso. Expensive pair of shoes when you have to go to Inverness to get them repaired! Anyway how about supporting local busines and a very good business at that.

riggerboy
26-Aug-09, 08:29
bring them round to the hoose i`ll soon nail an old heel on for ye, if the wifes in ye might even get a cup o t

poppett
26-Aug-09, 14:11
I had shoes heeled while I waited in Sinclair`s in Thurso. Granted I was wearing them at the time and my feet were so swollen they were the only pair I fitted into, so I stood on one leg at a time whilst the opposite shoe was heeled............now that`s what i call excellent local service.

Dr Evil
26-Aug-09, 19:01
all it is, is the leather need a wee bit oh stitching done on it and i spent so long making them shiny that i dont want to get a new pair lol

balto
26-Aug-09, 21:30
this isnt nothing to do with the thread but i mind patty cooks of argyle square in wick, is it still there.

twiglet
26-Aug-09, 22:17
I too take most of my shoes to Inverness to get them reheeled. The mannie in Thurso repaired some designer heels of mine, took 2 weeks to do it. I realised when I got them home that he'd chopped half an inch off the hight of the heel and they no longer sit straight on the floor. I still wear them but it's not the same. At least taking them to Inverness I get them back the same day.

Dr Evil
26-Aug-09, 23:00
nah patty cooks aint there anymore :( woulda been ideal though!

Bazeye
27-Aug-09, 00:10
Anybody remember those stick on rubber soles you used to be able to get? They were ok but not as good as proper shoes.

butterfly
27-Aug-09, 01:18
OK if you are going to Inverness but anything more than a week before going and you would be better in Thurso. Expensive pair of shoes when you have to go to Inverness to get them repaired! Anyway how about supporting local busines and a very good business at that.

Fran can be in Inverness quite a few time in a week because of her job,so i suppose it makes sense to get her shoes repaired while she is there.:roll: